TTC after 35

GTKY Not quite famous edition

Let's do a getting to know you about ways we are totally, completely, and utterly NOT famous ourselves but have totally useless indirect claims to fame!

Here's mine:

-My father's cousin is the drummer for The Brooklyn Bridge (Johnny Maestro and The Brooklyn Bridge)
-One of my friends I've known since high school is "Captain" Kirk Douglas (guitarist for The Roots/Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show band)
-I met Ralph Macchio in the stands at an Islander game when the Karate Kid was still a thing (VERY exciting for my 8th grade self) and his aunt lived around the corner from me growing up
-My friend Artie is first cousins of Anthony Michael Hall

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKY Not quite famous edition

• Ooh! Fun! 

-- I already mentioned I tripped Yoko Ono as a kid.
    -- I was on a strike line with Jesse Jackson, who hit on my coworker and me at the same time.
    -- I got to meet Sam Waterston when he performed in a play on Long Wharf in New Haven. 
    -- I met the Budweiser Horses when I was in 5th grade. (Couldn't resist tucking that one in there!)
    -- My cousin married the drum tech for Aerosmith (now divorced) and we have an EPIC photo of my little Italian grandmother with Steven Tyler and Joe Perry. Her comments were priceless. 
    -- I went to college with Remy Auberjonois, who you'll have seen at least once in every version of Law and Order and whose father is René Auberjonois (Oto on Star Trek:DS9; the French Chef in "The Little Mermaid"; etc.)

There are more, but those are some of my favourites. 

I can't wait to see everyone else's!
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• -my cousin's wife's dad played Ian Faith (the manager) in This is Spinal Tap. I call him my "uncle in law" to make the connection sound stronger (since he's my cousin's father in law), but I only met him once.
    -a good friend of mine was on a really bad reality show on Fox called Paradise Hotel (about 10 years ago) where he made it to the final four but was the only one of the four not to win big money b/c his partner totally snubbed him

@melissaMiso, my 12 year old self is jealous about Anthony Michael Hall
    Me: 41, DH: 42, married 2009
    BFP #1: 12/05/2012; EDD 08/09/2013; MC 01/2013 (missed, D&C)
    BFP #2: 12/19/2013; EDD 08/25/2014; MC 01/2014 (natural)
  • Loading the player...
  • CML11CML11 member
    All my claims to fame came from Maui:
    I was waitressing and waited on Jessica Simpson and then husband Nick Lachey. Also Helen Hunt (not at the same time)
    Also in Hawaii I met Mike Myers (Austin Powers) coming out of Cold Stone. We shared a lovely conversation about the beautiful weather.
    Woody Harrelson owed a hippy hemp store and I saw him quite a few times.

Willie Nelson lives there and saw him in this restaurant my friend worked at, but never went and talked to him.

So those are my not quite famous stories!
  • Pintobean39Pintobean39 member
    edited April 2014
    My cousin sculpted the Oscar and all the statues outside the Hollywood bowl (I think that's the one). They had a special on the history channel about him. I ordered it and have it on VHS. ETA: he's older than me died before I was born.

I also went to high school with John Goodman's BIL, John married this boys sister. John and his wife had built a house close by and they visited a lot. I ran into him a lot at baseball games. One weekend the boy from high school decided to have a party at his sister and john Goodman's house while they were gone. They had a huge wet bar that he opened and passed out liquor. I played quarters on his table. This was right after their first child was born and they had baby monitors. We thought they were fun and played games in their house using them as walkie talkies. It was a big house lots of areas to hide. They had a teddy bear in the baby bed I saw that was signed by Bruce Willis and my friend threw up in their bed. I left before the cops showed up. I got sick, last time I ever played quarters or drank a beer.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • I've met Val Kilmer twice, back when he was still hot.  He was on the board of directors for an organization I did a presentation for and then I randomly ran into him in the bar of the Jackson, WY airport when I was in law school.  I had just driven 4 hours from Missoula, MT to catch an 8 am flight.  It was 6:30 in the morning and I hadn't changed out of my yoga pants to real clothes yet.  He was the only other person in the bar and we had mimosas together. 

I sat at a banquet table with Justice Clarence Thomas my first year of law school. He was our law week speaker and I had been given recognition for something  and part of that was getting to sit with him at dinner.  Politics aside, the man is hilarious. 

I met and talked with RG3 (Redskins quarterback) at a pep rally for the Baylor (we're both alum) women's basketball team in 2012 when they won the national championship here in Denver.  My camera batteries died by then so I didn't get pictures but he signed DS's shirt.  I also met Ken Starr (as in the investigator of the Monica Lewinski scandal) at that pep rally since he is now the president of Baylor.   DS charmed the socks off of him and Ken said we'd have to make sure DS got a scholarship some day.  I told him I'd be holding him to that.   I did get a picture of that.  (That's DS in the front row, with Ken,  leading the pep rally in Sic 'Em Bears.)

Sic 'em Bears! Another Baylor Alum here.

Me: 37--Thyroid Cancer survivor. H:38. DS born 6/22/2011; BFP#2--11/5/12--Missed miscarriage discovered 12/21/2012.  BFP#3--5/20/14--another MMC 6/16/14.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • These are so much fun to read!

• Wow, you guys have some real claims there! LOL

The closest thing I have is that I met Jimmy Buffet at the bar of my hotel when I stayed there in Key West. He played a couple tunes I've never heard before on an acoustic guitar, watched him drink a little drink and walk off with a 20 something curly haired cutie. ;) He was gone for an hour - go Jimmy!

That and I once ate at a Johnny Rockets and sat in the booth next to Pat Riley, former Miami Heat basketball coach. 
  • Oh and the law firm I work for now has a very "big name" client which I unfortunately can't share, but I heard him on a conference call with an attorney two doors down, which was pretty cool. 

• 1. I went to high school with Jessica Simpson... she is younger than me so we weren't friends and honestly no one at our school can still figure out how in the world she is famous.

2. I know Chuck Norris.  For real.

3.  Owen Wilson and Luke Wilson ( they grew up in my neighborhood)  Owen is a sweetheart and truly hilarious but Luke is honestly a douche.  Their brother Andrew is the coolest of all of them in my opinion.

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• I am amazed by some of these stories--you all lead exciting lives!  I've got nothing.  Zip, zilch, nada.  Every time I've been in the presence of a celebrity (or near celebrity), it's because I've bought a ticket to be there....
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

• My friend went to high school with Enrique Iglesias. I had a huge crush on him (like 15 years ago) and we ran into him at tgi Friday's. We sat at his table and I was in heaven lol.

Me: 38  DH:36
    lap for endo 12/2010  uterus didelphys confirmed in hysteroscopy 
    dd born at 34 weeks 2/29/12  short NICU stay
    BFP somewhere around 2/14/13  d&c april @ 12 wks   partial molar diagnosed after d&c
    HCG monitoring for approx 11 months
    TTC  #2 

• I'm with @Davie813...My life is so totally boring because I really have nothing to share!  The absolute closest I can come (and it truly is nothing) is my cousin went to NY to become an actor.  He never made it but he met lots of celebrities. 
    41 & single; DX:  PCOS
    TTC #1 with IUI and donor sperm
    First IUI May, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Second IUI July, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Third IUI Dec, 2014, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Fourth IUI Feb 2015, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = C/P :(

• Oh I forgot, I work at the rehab that Linsday Lohan was mandated to (which is public record) but snubbed bc we are a smoke free facility.

• BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
    edited April 2014
    You guys are killing me!! I'm jealous! I don't have much and not too exciting. I have a picture with me and Russell Crowe. His bodygaurds were asses. Don't care for him much but...come on...got a picture! He is back in Pittsburgh and film pp wanted to use the house I work in but my boss said no lol. Met and spent time hanging with Jamie Lee Curtis. She usually comes in for Children's Hospital Event and is guest speaker. I TRIED so hard to see Christian Bale when filming in Pittsburgh for Dark Knight. I stood forever outside where he was filming and no go :( I did see Amy Poehler in Nantucket at a market. Oh and walked right by Trista and Ryan at Beaver Creek. She did not look friendly lol. That's all I got! I know...be jealous! Lol. JK!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Seriously I keep forgetting to use Chrome and my poor sentences is one big paragraph...grr

Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Ugh, I forgot until I got home and saw the notices (again! Argh!) but they've been filming _Chicago Fire_ on my block off and on for months. There's no place to park--super annoying. Don't know if that counts, but if you watch it, maybe you can see my house :) (DH and I tried, but couldn't get into it...)

DD, 6/15/2013
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

• @Davie813 LOVE Chicago Fire!!! How cool :) Now you just need to get some pics!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• You guys all have such interesting stories.

My one and only celebrity encounter happened when I was 19. I met L.L.Cool J in the parking lot of a club. He was there promoting but we didn't see him inside. My friends and I were leaving and he was in a convertible outside the club. My friend wanted an autograph but was too shy to go up to the car so I went for her. He actually asked if we wanted to meet them at the diner up the road. I had to be at work in a few hours so I declined.

The funny thing is that he went to the same middle school as me just a few years ahead of me. Small world.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• @JimBobCooter‌ -- I attended Baylor from fall of '95 until spring of 2001. I studied music during undergrad and gerontology in grad school.

Me: 37--Thyroid Cancer survivor. H:38. DS born 6/22/2011; BFP#2--11/5/12--Missed miscarriage discovered 12/21/2012.  BFP#3--5/20/14--another MMC 6/16/14.
  • Ah fun!! Omg @Pintobean39‌ I can't believe the john goodman story!!!!

I have a few. I do live in NYC and all...

- met P diddy at his house in east Hampton in 2007 when I was organizing his Labor Day white party sound and special effects. I was taking pictures of the setup (all my guys were hard at work stringing up lights and furniture on the lawn) and I was snapping some of p diddy and his tailgate crew. He walked all the way across the field to me and asked me who I was. Then he asked me nicely not to take any pictures. I said ok.

Later that day still setting up I had to find some white fabric to cover his columns with. I was going crazy trying to get it to look good with some safety pin magic and he came over and said "that looks better" and walked away. Phew. So stupid. The things we have to do sometimes! I was kneeling and safety pinning and he was walking around like a king inspecting his servants.

- justin timberlake came to a club I was working in and he talked to my ex husband. He wanted to learn about the lighting controls. He left his hat (famous fedora) on the bar and at the end of the night we took it home. The smell, ladies, of his cologne was amazing. Soooooo sexy. It wore off after a couple weeks. Shoulda sold it on eBay when we had the chance.

I'm sure there are more but those are the two I remember now!
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Radiantly said:
    Ah fun!! Omg @Pintobean39‌ I can't believe the john goodman story!!!! I have a few. I do live in NYC and all... - met P diddy at his house in east Hampton in 2007 when I was organizing his Labor Day white party sound and special effects. I was taking pictures of the setup (all my guys were hard at work stringing up lights and furniture on the lawn) and I was snapping some of p diddy and his tailgate crew. He walked all the way across the field to me and asked me who I was. Then he asked me nicely not to take any pictures. I said ok. Later that day still setting up I had to find some white fabric to cover his columns with. I was going crazy trying to get it to look good with some safety pin magic and he came over and said "that looks better" and walked away. Phew. So stupid. The things we have to do sometimes! I was kneeling and safety pinning and he was walking around like a king inspecting his servants. - justin timberlake came to a club I was working in and he talked to my ex husband. He wanted to learn about the lighting controls. He left his hat (famous fedora) on the bar and at the end of the night we took it home. The smell, ladies, of his cologne was amazing. Soooooo sexy. It wore off after a couple weeks. Shoulda sold it on eBay when we had the chance. I'm sure there are more but those are the two I remember now!
    Justin Timberlake is a fine specimen.

• Justin.... oh my... fanning myself :)

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• My only claims are that:
    My friend's best friend is the girlfriend of Sam McTrusty (from the band Twin Atlantic) though I've only met him once.
    My good friend was the first girlfriend of Alexander Skarsgard, but I've never met him at all.
    My FI's cousin is the lead singer of a Dutch death metal band called Schadelijk, and her husband is a Danish olympic swimmer (but he never comes very high in the rankings). They are both awesome, and the most laid back, down to earth people I've ever met.
    I walked into Jason Mraz after his gig in Manchester in 2009. We had a quick conversation. He was really nice!

****Older Child Warning****
    Me: 36 FI: 35 Met: August 1999, dated Sept - Dec '99 Reunited May 2008, Marrying June 2014
    Diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer January 1996
    One small cancerous cyst (left ovary) removed Jan '96, chemotherapy Jan - July '96
    Three more cancerous cysts found July 1996 (left ovary), ovary removed July '96, chemotherapy July '96 - Feb '97
    February 1997 given all clear!
    Told of suspected infertility
    Tove Ikarus born July 2010, given guardianship September 2010
    April 2014 infertility confirmed
    IVF with sister's eggs July 2014

(Hopeful) adoption of Tove July 2015
    @LaireAndLia is my sister's partner, @DragonsLaire is my sister
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I did meet Richard Simmons at a doll convention. I was young and wearing a sweater that nipped at the waist. He grabbed me by the waist and said, Oh my God. Look at her waist! She looks like Scarlett O'Hara!." I turned bright red and didn't have the nerve to say anything after that. I have a Polaroid of us together somewhere.

Marie Osmond was at the same convention, but I did not go up to her. She seemed nice enough.

I saw George Clooney outside of the Palm restaurant in DC. He was shaking some people's hands, but I was too far away and he didn't come down. He seemed really friendly.

I got the novelist Louise Erdrich's autograph at a book signing. She seemed like a witch, but I think a lot of writers get jaded about meeting their fans. 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• ksgsmu said:

1. I went to high school with Jessica Simpson... she is younger than me so we weren't friends and honestly no one at our school can still figure out how in the world she is famous.

2. I know Chuck Norris.  For real.

3.  Owen Wilson and Luke Wilson ( they grew up in my neighborhood)  Owen is a sweetheart and truly hilarious but Luke is honestly a douche.  Their brother Andrew is the coolest of all of them in my opinion.

You're connections are so good, @ksgsmu

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• I have a few, Michael Jackson and I were "technically" in walt Disnery World the same time, except it kept getting shut down as he moved through so we had to keep moving.

I saw Steven Tyler in the street in Alaska. Sebastion bach of Skidrow son went to the preschool I lifeguarded at, the ,man was weird, his son was sweet but had issues.

I was actually introduced to Bette Midler, David Hyde Peirce (shook hands), Rosie O'Donell and a few more I can't remember....I worked with Christine Ebersole, John McMartin (loved him I was his dresser) Mary Louise Wilson and the teenage daughter on Modern Familynow, Sara Hyland, spent alot of time with her too. I was the dresser for the male actors of Grey Gardens the Musical off Broadway before it went to Broadway.

President Clinton shook my hand, he gave a speech at my college.....

No direct relations and I can't think if anyone famous that I am "really" connected too....

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• I have a few….so does Hubby.

Hubby and a MLB player named Mark Teahen are friends. Long time. BIL even was roommates with his brother Matt for years. 

Hubby played soccer with Landon Donovan. When they were kids Landon didn't make the club team and Hubby did. Crazy How things work out.

I was in a music video….. :) I had a large part. :) I cant remember the name of the rapper……it was on music channels for a short time. :)

Im really good friends with a Playboy/Internet model. She was my childhood BFF.  We still keep in touch. Back in the Myspace days her friend count was over a million….she isn't A-list actor famous….but she is famous to those who follow glamour type modeling.

When I was little….my mom was on Peoples court. I was with her. Judge 
    Wapner said I was a cute kid. lol.

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • BeckyP005 said:
    @Davie813 LOVE Chicago Fire!!! How cool :) Now you just need to get some pics!!
    Maybe I'll give the show another shot.  And if they're still out there when I get home tonight, maybe I'll take a picture!

DD, 6/15/2013
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

My Ovulation Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"