Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Useless pregnancy products?

What gear or products did you think would be really helpful during your pregnancy but ended up useless? Did you never use it or regret buying it?

We'd love to know!

Thanks!
BeeJ

Follow The Bump on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!

Re: Useless pregnancy products?

• Options
    I thought my mini-snoogle pregnancy pillow was pretty useless. I move around in my sleep a bunch and it just didn't work. Plus who wants to get back into position after every bathroom trip?
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with the belly band. It just rolls down. I would rethink my maternity clothing and only buy things that I can nurse in. I have 6-8 tops that were great after bc they fit but I have to wear a nursing tank to cover my belly while I pull it up to nurse. So next time I will only buy nursing tops.
  • Options
    Diaper genie!!!! Never worked right! Total waste
  • Options

Diaper genie!!!! Never worked right! Total waste

Love ours!!! Used it with ds1 for 3 years and reusing it with this lo.
    #rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I actually really liked my belly bands, i guess to each their own! I didn't buy a lot of maternity clothes because they were very expensive to only wear for a short amount of time. I work in a professional atmosphere and could make due with longer tops and my belly bands. But everyone is different. I would buy those again and nursing tops! or button down tops if you plan on breastfeeding or pumping when you return to work. 

• Options
    Maternity underwear - I just bought bigger hanes underwear and they worked much better.  I also found sleeping in undies and a huge tshirt to be the most comfortable after buying maternity pajamas. 
    Met DH: 2.5.2008
    Engaged: 4.9.11
    Married: 9.22.12
    Baby Girl J Born: 1.23.2014 via c section - Due with Baby #2: 5.27.2016
  • Options

The Belly belt combo maternity pants extenders. Completely useless, wasted money. Never stays in place.

It's better to buy maternity pants or leggins, or even maternity dresses since the very beggining, i'd say after the 4th month. Always buy one size larger, everything is going to continue to grow till the end. I got maternity bras size M by month 5 and they almost dont fit at my 36 now.

"Don't worry about the haters... They are just angry because the truth you speak contradicts the lie they live."

-Dr. Steve Maraboli

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Definitely the belly band!! I tried it once when I was still working and I was constantly adjusting it and thinking I was going to loose my pants!! I work with people with disabilities so I'm on my feet and on the go for 8 or 12 hour shifts so it definitely didn't work for that!!
  • Options
    AEKilday007AEKilday007 member
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    The belly band was a waste of money.  It didn't hold my pants up and just rolled down.
  • Options
    RoeniRoeni member
    Bella band worked great for me! I think pregnancy tea was probably useless but I liked the flavor.
  • Options
    Belly band!!! Waste of money. But my pregnancy pillow keeps me from sleeping on my since I am a back sleeper and that's not good when pregnant.
  • Options
    I had a scheduled c section. Everyone told me to buy a belly bandit, that it would help alot with post op. So i went out and bought one, $50! Luckily i never opened it and was able to return it because the hospital provided me a very nice compression band. 2 infact! If you need one and just ask the hospital they will provide you with one and charge your insurance. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"