1st Trimester

First Time Pregnancy- Very Nervous

We just found out we were pregnant last week. We are assuming I'm about 7-8 weeks along. We have our first ultrasound in about a week. I'm very nervous because this is our first pregnancy. I'm most worried that they won't see anything in there when we do the ultrasound. I took 3 pregnancy tests and they all came out positive; including the one at the doctor's office, but it still makes me nervous. Does anyone have any advice? 

Re: First Time Pregnancy- Very Nervous

• Its my first pregnancy too, so I know all about being nervous/anxious/excited.  Just enjoy everyday of it, take your doctors advice, and stay healthy.
  • One day at a time and happy positive thoughts
  • Loading the player...
  • YTLCNURSE said:
    One day at a time and happy positive thoughts

This

Just know you are not alone in feeling as you do. This is my second pregnancy but my first had a sad ending. So when I got my BFP this time around, on our first time trying since we said goodbye to our Zoë, I had this panicked moment where I thought 'holy moly, it can't be that easy'. We tried for four years the first time around and I thought the same as you, 'what if there's nothing to see on the U/S and they tell me I'm just crazy'. It does happen to people, but three tests are hard to dispute. One false positive, sure. More than that, not likely. I do believe congratulations are in order.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This is my first pregnancy as well.  I agree with one of the ladies that said take it one day at a time.  Try to stay as stress free as possible.  I did not have any sypmtoms of being pregnant other than a missed period.  So when the test came out positive, I did not believe it until I saw the ultrasound. The good thing is that you have a place like this were you can openingly ask for advice without judgement will lovely ladies who dont know you but still care.  Hope this helps!
  • Thank you everyone for the comforting advice! :) I do know when I ovulated which is why I think I"m 7-8 weeks. I was on fertility treatments because we hadn't been able to get pregnant. That's why I'm sure of time of ovulation. 

All the comments were very helpful! Thank you a lot ladies!
  • Take it one day at a time, like everyone else mentioned. If you have a positive test in hand then you are pregnant and I'm sure your u/s will go lovely.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • When I first found out I took 6 tests because I just couldn't believe it. I have learned to be very happy when I go to bed each night still pregnant & I only think as far as my weekly mini milestones as I get another week further along. Just breathe & try not to stress. It's hard, but it's worth it.
  • At first I wondered why you were so nervous but I see now that you had fertility treatments so I get the added anxiety. 

After having a m/c and now some complications with my current pregnancy I've just had to start telling myself that there's only so much I can control and to just try to stay relaxed because whatever is going to happen is just going to happen. Probably everything is fine but regardless, dwelling does nothing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker

• Yes, taking the fertility treatments has made me very nervous. I've been feeling pretty dizzy the last couple of days. I had my blood pressure checked and my pulse. My blood pressure was a little high, but my pulse was racing. The doc said I shouldn't been to worried about the blood pressure, b/c I normally run a tad bit high, but to let them know if my pulse continues to race. I don't know if it's stress or anxiety. I'm trying to relax and not dwell on it. I'm just happy to be pregnant and hoping for a great ultrasound!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"