October 2013 Moms
Options

Thunderstorms + sleeping baby

= not a fun combination. That is all.
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker

Re: Thunderstorms + sleeping baby

• Options
    Yes! I used to love a good storm. Then the dog decided thunder was the devil. Then we had a baby and the devil hating dog woke her up a million times last night. I hate the devil.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• Options
    Yes! I used to love a good storm. Then the dog decided thunder was the devil. Then we had a baby and the devil hating dog woke her up a million times last night. I hate the devil.
    My super-brave and tough cattle dog decided thunder makes her kind of nervous about a year or so ago when we had a CRAZY loud storm that brought down a bunch of trees near us. Luckily, she's quiet about it, but she wants to come sleep in bed. Poor Cam was like, WTF is this shit?!!? He was so scared!

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry the storm is interrupting baby's sleep time!  I have an opposite baby.  He loves storms and falls right to sleep.  It is sneezing that wakes him up every single time!

• Options
    tashad18 said:
    Sorry the storm is interrupting baby's sleep time!  I have an opposite baby.  He loves storms and falls right to sleep.  It is sneezing that wakes him up every single time!
    Wow, that is awesome! Maybe mine will get used to it. Coughing/sneezing woke him up a few times when he was sick last week, but he eventually got used to it. He is generally a pretty light sleeper. It's funny what will wake up one baby but not the other!

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    vvg28vvg28 member
    We have had a couple of winter thunderstorms (and snow the next day - classic Kentucky) and LO slept through them both. I was worried he would wake up though!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We had the LOUDEST clap of thunder 2 nights ago. Seriously, it freaked me out, I jumped so high. I looked over at Hunter as soon as it happened and his eyes flew open but then he went back to sleep.

My dogs were more scared than DS, but we'll see if it stays that way. I'm wondering how 4th of July is going to be.
    Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • Options
    What's this now? Moisture falls from the sky?

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Options
    Amjoy25 said:
    What's this now? Moisture falls from the sky?
    In non-desert parts of the country, indeed it does!

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    We are supposed to have thunder storms for the next few days. This will be the first time for DS so here's to hoping he sleeps through them!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thunderstorms never woke O up as a baby.  Now, she comes running to our room.  I'm interested in how S reacts to them. 

• Options
    Not related really, but....You northerners may have heard of this... or maybe it's a made up southern thing?!?

A few weeks ago we had what everyone was calling "thunder sleet". It was thunder/lightning/sleet all at the same time. It was impressive!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Feb Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    @jnsmith85‌ I have been in thunder snow before. Very strange

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    EmJ&BEmJ&B member
    Our white noise is a thunder storm. So when the real ones were happening the last two days, he totes didnt notice

#cantdecideifthatsbrilliantordumb

Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

• Options
    EmJ&B said:
    Our white noise is a thunder storm. So when the real ones were happening the last two days, he totes didnt notice

Um, brilliant. Obvs. Unless somehow he one day decides to go outside for a nice, restful nap in a thunderstorm. :)

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    EmJ&BEmJ&B member
    sleepy33 said:
    EmJ&B said:

Um, brilliant. Obvs. Unless somehow he one day decides to go outside for a nice, restful nap in a thunderstorm. :)
    As long as he has a tent, I don't care

#justkiddingdontcallCPS
    Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

• Options
    AjoydAjoyd member
    We use rain as white noise too. The storms haven't affected him the last few days but this morning we had a GD tornado warning at 5 am so I had to scoop him out of bed and go to the basement.

Of course he was wide awake after that.

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • Options
    Ajoyd said:
    We use rain as white noise too. The storms haven't affected him the last few days but this morning we had a GD tornado warning at 5 am so I had to scoop him out of bed and go to the basement.

Of course he was wide awake after that.
    Bah! Cam decided his wakeup time was 5:30 this morning instead of 6:30 or later. Could not convince him otherwise. #theskyisawakesoIMawake!

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Update: we had some pretty loud rumbles again last night and he slept through them this time! Yay!

DIStickerscom Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"