Cincinnati Babies

Christ vs. Good Sam?

I know I'm getting an early start on this, but they keep asking me every time I go to the doctor if I know where I want to deliver. I've narrowed my choices down to Christ and Good Sam, and think I am leaning towards Good Sam, but just wanted to get some opinions of anyone who has delivered at either of these places (my doctor will deliver at either). What did you like/dislike about where you've delivered? Any experiences with the NICU? Nurses/post-partum stay? Any advice would be appreciated :)
Lilypie - (z9ZY)

Re: Christ vs. Good Sam?

• I  have delivered at Good Sam and will again in a week or so. It is the only hospital my OBGYN delivers at, they are the only one with a level 3 NICU, which is why my dr.'s deliver there. I have nothing at all bad to say. I liked all of my nurses, bo
  • No real advice about Christ- I've had a few friends deliver there and I've never heard any complaints. I have delivered all 3 of my kids at Good Sam and have always been super happy with the care I received there. With my first I had some complications an
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered at Good Sam and the labor and delivery was amazing. I had a natural birth and the nurses were all super cool about it. All of the nurses in PP were good, too. I only had one woman who was a little rude because I asked her to clarify with my mi

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've delivered two at Christ and loved it. My doula described the benefit over Good Sam (she'd know better than I) as it being much smaller than Good Sam. The nurses were wonderful both times and I had no complaints. I had natural births, which is not ver
    DD1: Sep 10 / DD2: Nov 12 / Surprise LO3: Jul 14
  • My first pregnancy was high risk, so I went to Good Sam for the Level 3 NICU. I do not have any complaints! Our stay there was wonderful and the staff was very friendly.

• I am delivering at UC because I work there and they also have a level 3 NICU. Between the two I would recommend Good Sam. They deliver more babies than any other hospital in Ohio and they have a level 3 nicu if something were to happen. I'm a nurse and I wouldn't go anywhere that didn't have a level 3 Nicu.
  • I delivered my first at Good Sam and will not go back. I had an emergency c-section- which has nothing to do with my feelings about the hospital but it definitely made my delivery much much scarier. Our labor and delivery nurses were FABULOUS, I don't have enough wonderful things to say about them. Once on the mom and baby floor, however, the nurses were all extremely rude and snappy. My husband and I were young (21) and scared, and they were anything but helpful. We ended up not feeling comfortable calling them for anything and were too intimidated to ask any questions or get help. We even brought them a card and a fruit bouquet! My husband and I are both educated, clean, friendly, polite people (not that any of that should have mattered). With it being our first child and having gone through the trauma of an emergency c-sec, I would have expected at least a little compassion and guidance from the nurses. The mom and baby nurses truly tainted our whole experience and because of that I refuse to go back. **I have heard of people loving both hospitals though, and you can't top the Level 3 NICU. Just wanted to share my experience. :)
  • So I actually work at Christ Hospital, but I'm delivering at Good Sam. I will say that I have heard nothing but good things about our labor and delivery/mother baby units, they're very nice and all rooms are private.

My MD office though only delivers at Good Sam, which is fine with me because I would have picked it anyway based on the fact that they have the only Level 3 NICU in the tristate. I'm willing to forfeit the nice/private room for the off chance that my baby girl needs to be treated in the NICU.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"