One & Done: Only child
Options

Followup to Defensive Vent

I thought some of you might like to know how drop off went this morning.

We got there before any of the other children, headed straight down, and though she balked for a minute, the teachers had it set up about as much as they could for her to succeed - her favorite teacher was the only one in the room when she stepped in, there was a large cleared area that was to be their dance floor, and the teacher talked to her about her shoes but didn't get too close just yet.  DD took off her shoes, gave me my hug, and I left.  All good.

Maybe she was ready for this before hand (though, doing it with no one else in the room wasn't an option before our discussion), but I don't really feel bad for not having pushed harder.  It's not my style.  I'm fine with the teachers being the ones to push me to push her; that's part of their job. (Though I think we all could have used fewer words and done so more efficiently and less dramatically, but hey, I'm prone to verbal spewage, so I'll chalk it up as another lesson learned.)

Hopefully, tomorrow will go just as well.  I don't see why it won't.
IMG_8355
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Followup to Defensive Vent

• Options
    That's awesome that they prepared for her! I'm glad it went well i hope that it continues to do so :)
  • Options
    Awesome update! It's good to hear that things went well and it sounds like the teachers really care about your daughter. Nothing beats that!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    meo34meo34 member
    That is great. I don't think you were off base in pushing her before, some things take time and you know her best. Also great the teachers set it up to be successful. DS had some issues in kindergarden and the teachers were judgey and said I should just leave but did nothing to distract him and would leave him unsupervised. I was not taking the chance on him running out into the parking lot during morning drop off so I ignored them. Eventually he got through the phase on our time, not theirs. Also they did not know our situation so I was annoyed at their attitude. Glad you are confident in your decisions! Way to go for both of you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"