Pregnant after 35

Weekly Check In! (3/31)

Hi ladies! Just squeezing this in at the end of Monday. Another month is here!
This check-in is for anyone pregnant over 35. We also love to hear from our graduates and see cuddly pictures!

1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2) Age at delivery? (optional)

3) Any other children? Furbabies?

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week?

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves?

QOTW: Since pregnancy lowers our immune systems, I thought it might be useful to see how everyone handles the common cold. Do you have a good, pregnancy-safe cold remedy?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Weekly Check In! (3/31)

• 1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 6 weeks.  Size of a lentil

2) Age at delivery? (optional) 36

3) Any other children? Furbabies? 2 girls (4yrs and 2yrs) 2 Dogs

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? Morning sickness has kicked in in earnest. It was just nausea, now it's vomiting.

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? Meeting mw this week. Worked with her for DD2.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Yay my first check in! 1- I'm 9 weeks 5 days and baby is the size of an olive. What I want to know is why I feel so huge if baby us only the size of an olive? 2- I will be turning 40 (yikes) on Friday so I will be 40 when #4 arrives. 3- We have 3 gorgeous girls! And a silver lab named Blake. 4-I'm feeling good. I'm super lucky that I don't get morning sickness. If anything I'm tired most of the time. 5-I've got to do my 3 hour glucose test this week because I failed an early one hour test. I had GD with DD3 so my Dr is monitoring me closer this time around. QOFW-I try to avoid sick people when I'm PG because I have no remedies.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Loading the player...
  • tlc35tlc35 member

11/29, 5w3d, Appleseed

2) Age at delivery? (optional)  36

3) Any other children? Furbabies?  No, just me and H

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week?  Mostly normal.  Occasional waves of nausea, and a lot of gas. (sorry)

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves?  Just feel like I'm waiting forever for my first appt.

QOTW: Since pregnancy lowers our immune systems, I thought it might be useful to see how everyone handles the common cold. Do you have a good, pregnancy-safe cold remedy?

I don't have any good remedies, usually just suck it up.

Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• 1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

Due Nov 30...  5w2d...  Apple seed?

a 6.5 year old daughter.  :)

I am feeling pretty normal!  Can't complain.  I get acupuncture on Thursday in hopes of that continuing. 

I meet my new midwives on April 22.   I saw my dr one last time yesterday (for pregnancy related things, anyway), and got a bunch of blood work done, too.  

My family hasn't had a cold materialize in 3 years now.  Sure, we feel something coming on, but we have a "magic" remedy.  At the first sign of illness -- we let hydrogen peroxide bubble in our ears (one ear at a time, of course).  It seems lots of germs enter the body through the ears, and this kills 'em.  We do it 3 or 4 times for a few days as soon as we start feeling under the weather.  And always feel 95% better after just a day or so.  It is freaking amazing.  (Google it if you think I am nutters....  ;)    I can only imagine it will still work well now that I am pregnant.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• QOTRQOTR member
    Welcome to all the new ladies!  We're so happy you're here.  :)
    Happy Birthday JilliansMoma! 

5/20.  33 weeks

2) Age at delivery? (optional)   41

3) Any other children? Furbabies?   1 dog

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week?   Feeling sleepy.

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves?   DH, Doula & I are meeting with the Dr. today to discuss birth plan.  

QOTW: Since pregnancy lowers our immune systems, I thought it might be useful to see how everyone handles the common cold. Do you have a good, pregnancy-safe cold remedy?   I always like to drink hot water with lemon, honey & cinnamon.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
    8/8/14, 21w4d, pomegranate

One dog and, this time of year, I adopt the birds in the backyard. :) I am hoping to attract some bluebirds and orioles this year.

I feel really good. 

I am feeling stronger kicks finally. I was talking to the baby yesterday in the car, :), and he jabbed me. 
    I have been on the verge of two colds this pregnancy, and I was lucky enough to have acupuncture appointments at just the right time. She nipped them both in the bud. 

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Hi ladies! Just squeezing this in at the end of Monday. Another month is here!
    This check-in is for anyone pregnant over 35. We also love to hear from our graduates and see cuddly pictures!

1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? I'm 8 weeks and 5 days, I think. Baby is almost the size of an olive.

2) Age at delivery? (optional) 43. I still can't get over that. 

3) Any other children? Furbabies? One son who is 2, two dogs who are 9 and 10, respectively.

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? Boob pain comes and goes, but nausea seems to be my constant friend. Therefore, my diet is suffering. Give me carbs. ALL the carbs. 

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? I go in next week for the Verifi bloodwork. I do not know why my doctor's office does not carry maternit21, because that is the test I want. Not sure if I can do anything about that. That is my rant for the week.

QOTW: Since pregnancy lowers our immune systems, I thought it might be useful to see how everyone handles the common cold. Do you have a good, pregnancy-safe cold remedy? I drink lemon water with cayenne pepper and usually have a bottle of fire cider in the house at all times. Garlic, elevated pillow, lots of water, and rest. 

Me: 42, DH: 40; Surprise BFP 4/27/2011; no heartbeat at 9w3d, we miss you, Baby Manatee; D&C 6/1/2011; AF returned 6/26/2011; Ready to try for our take-home baby. 7/24/2011--BFP! Peanut born March 2012; BFP: 7/31/2013!; blighted ovum at 7 weeks 8/26/2013. Holy Cannoli! BFP 2/23/2014. EDD 11/6/2014!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • 1) Due date? How many
    weeks are you? What size is baby?
    My due date was 3/27 DS was born 3/15. He is currently 8lbs 11oz at 17 days he was born at 7lbs 9oz.

2) Age at delivery? 36

3) Any other children? Furbabies? DS1 turned 5 last week! My furbaby Steve a welsh terrier is 8.

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? I'm feeling great, getting more sleep now then when I was pregnant which is great. I'm back to my prepregnancy clothes as well.

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? DS has his 1 month appointment on the 15. He is a sweet baby. He is slowly getting on a schedule and is getting his days and nights corrected.

QOTW: Since pregnancy lowers our immune systems, I thought it might be useful to see how everyone handles the common cold. Do you have a good, pregnancy-safe cold remedy? I wish I could help I had a horrible cold my last few weeks of pregnancy and it turned into a sinus infection I was pretty miserable the last week of my pregnancy.

I would post a pic of DS but not sure how to do it on my mobile.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    August 12th, 21 weeks, Depends on which app I use - pomegranate or bok choy. (Does anyone else find it hard to eat that particular food/fruit the week their baby is that size?)

None, unless DH counts. :)

I'm feeling well, slightly disappointed that my outdoor activities are starting to get reduced. The lack of bending at the waist makes skiing a bit more difficult and sore legs make snowshoeing harder.

In 7 weeks we hope to get a good ultrasound picture of our baby girl. She's been quite camera shy so far - one week we got to see a hand, another week her feet. At least we know she's doing well. My only issue is that my husband and I moved in late 2012 and our close friends are expecting soon. I wish I could share her excitement with her more closely and have both of us celebrating our babies without being 1800 miles apart.

Drinking lots of water, washing my hands frequently, and staying away from people who are sick. My co-workers have been great and are actually not coming in if they don't feel well.
  • BuffaloGal75BuffaloGal75 member
    edited April 2014
       - November 23rd, 6 weeks 3 days, pea sized 
      - No children, 1 cat 
     - Feeling great.  Keep getting nauseous close to bedtime.  Super smelling ability too. 
      - Had a sonogram yesterday because I had a m/c 2 years ago.  Saw the baby's heart beat! 

QOTW:  I have not had a cold yet!  
  • QOTRQOTR member
    Congrats on seeing the heartbeat BuffaloGal!

Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • 1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 11/10/14, 8weeks along and baby a raspberry. 2) Age at delivery? (optional) 37 3) Any other children? Furbabies? One daughter who will 8 when baby arrives, 2 dogs one 12 and 2 yrs old 4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? Still really tired nauseous off and on all day 5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? Have check up on the 22nd last appointment got to hear Hb 140 pr minute. QOTW: Since pregnancy lowers our immune systems, I thought it might be useful to see how everyone handles the common cold. Do you have a good, pregnancy-safe cold remedy? No remedy for me just try to stay away from others who are sick and if I do get sick tough it through.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • 1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 10 wks, 4 days - Prune

2) Age at delivery? (optional) 39

3) Any other children? Furbabies? 2 step sons 18 & 11, 1 adopted son 17, 2 dogs and a turtle

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? I'm thinking that every cure for nausea is a joke... Morning Noon and Night... even in my sleep. Also, really crazy dreams... Sugar packing donkey and I riding in the back of a pick up truck heading to a MLB game... ??? While I'm suppose to be working at a stinky Chinese Food restaurant that has bathrooms in the dinning area with no walls or doors... yeah - I don't get it at all!! LOL

I fired my OB/GYN last week and I start next week with a new one. I posted about it, but it was all about the billing procedure. I have started receiving bills that they haven't even sent to my insurance.. Geesh

QOTW: Since pregnancy lowers our immune systems, I thought it might be useful to see how everyone handles the common cold. Do you have a good, pregnancy-safe cold remedy? I work for a Chiropractor & Acupuncturist. She takes pretty good care of me, even when I'm not prego.

April 6 - 39w5d - watermelon.  It's almost go time!

Two kitties

Feet are very swollen and have been for a few weeks.  Yesterday I seriously had to pee every 20 minutes.  It was nuts.  Other than that, I feel OK, just very big and awkward. :) 

I have an appointment today.  I'll get the lowdown on getting induced, since I doubt she is going to be showing up in the next few days.  It's too dang cozy in there, apparently. :)

My boss got me hooked on ginger tea.  He just cuts up slices of raw ginger and pours hot water over it.  I buy actual tea and put honey in it.  Not sure if it does anything really, but it is comforting.  Other than that, a lot of rest and staying away from stress as much as possible. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"