Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Work

How long did you guys take off after your loss?  Or if you haven't gone back yet, how much time are you planning on taking off? 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Work

• Options
    I took 6 weeks because that is what my company paid for maternity leave. About 4 weeks in I thought about going back so that I would have something to do, but decided against it. The first two weeks back to work were rough for me. I felt like maybe I should have taken more time. I've been back to work about a month now. Things are getting better. 

• Options

I only took off 2 weeks and I should have taken off much longer...at the time I felt like "so much time" had passed and that I needed to be doing normal things.  I went back way too soon and the first few days were very, very difficult.  That being said I don't think I would have needed more than a week or two more than the two weeks...there was some good to getting back into a routine and not sitting at home alone all day.  Everyone is different though...I would just be patient with yourself and see what you need.  ((hugs))

My secretary was awesome and made sure I had coffee/lunch/etc. at my desk everyday so I didn't have to leave my office...it made things a lot easier...so I highly suggest maybe asking someone to be your point person for a few days.

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm taking 12 weeks.   This is week #7.  

Mentally I am doing alright but my sleeping is so screwed up.   I caved 2 weeks ago and got sleeping pills from my doc- but I still feel like crap.   Hopefully it will iron itself out before I head back.  
  • Options
    I'm taking six weeks. I wish I could take less but I had a c-section so I need that time to heal physically.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm taking the full 12 weeks so 6 are unpaid...... we have savings so financially we will be ok. I didn't plan to go back after the baby and still debating it ....I was going to look for something closer to home, less hours (due to shorter commute) and also less stress - I feel that is still what I want to do to help me start fresh in a good place for when we are ready to TTC again - I'm only out 3 weeks so far so I guess I have some time to figure it out. Being home alone and my sleep cycle has been horrible- I have been taking ZQuil to help me here and there at night and want to start taking some local classes to keep me busy also hit the gym when the doc clears me physically. As I get closer to the date I have to go back I will figure out if I want to start looking for something else to do for steady income.
  • Options
    I took nine weeks - eight because I had a c section and then an extra week (saved vacation time) because the eight weeks ended on my EDD and it would have been too difficult to go back. My doctor told me she would put me on medical leave for as long as I needed, but I decided i needed to go back and it was okay. I work primarily from home, which I feel makes it easier.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    *ticker*

I took 4 weeks. I didn't need more to heal and I needed the "normalcy" my routine at work provided.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree with PerkyErky... Going back to work helped me surround myself with something other than my quiet house. I was back at work a week after being released from the hospital, which was less than two weeks after Jack was born.
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    I took 2 weeks, though I should have taken more for physical healing (my job is an on-your-feet all day job, not a desk job) because it's made things worse. I think that I would have taken a week or two more if I had qualified for any type of leave, though. Going forward I'm doing about half-time until my body is physically healed enough to do the active work. I think that different amounts of time work for different people.
  • Options
    I took 5 weeks while he was alive and then another 4.5 after he passed away. Last week was my first full week back, and although it's been tough, it gets a little better each day.

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• Options
    ***TICKER***

I took 6 weeks. I had planned on taking 8 but knew I needed to get back to work to save my sanity. I also knew that staying home wouldn't help me heal any faster...at least I would have work to make the days go by. I did have DS at home with me that entire time, which helped.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I took six, as that was what I had saved up and what I needed before being "medically cleared". It was difficult for me to go back to work.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards