April 2014 Moms
Options

How do you deal...

How are you ladies dealing with being tired, slow moving, and foggy minded? I assume it's fairly common if a thread over on Oct 2011 board is anything to go by. If I wasn't pregnant I'd just invest in an espresso machine. But with the caffeine restriction and I can't actually sleep all day (even though it feels like I could) I'm wondering if you ladies are having any better luck dealing with this wonderful pregnancy experience..... other than just telling baby 'ready when you are' ...
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How do you deal...

• Options
    Pretty much just have to wait it out...

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due April 22nd
  • Options
    I have coffee every morning and another caffeinated drink after lunch. I couldn't possibly work and take care of a 2 yr old without it.

• Options
    Caffeine, one foot in front of another. Mostly I try to stay as in the moment as possible even when it's a sucky moment and focus on "this too shall pass." Third tri is definitely not for wusses!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    I could not handle no caffeine. I have coffee in the morning and some sort of soda in the afternoon usually. I'm loving being off work this last week before he's due. Nap time every afternoon is amazing. I don't know how you ladies with one or more littles running around already are hanging in there still! Mad props.
  • Options
    I just keep reading and the midwife tells me keep it limited to 2 caffeinated drinks. And for me personally it's a big cut back.
  • Options
    I have caffeine daily...I have all through pregnancy, with the exception of a few weeks where the smell of it nauseated me. The guideline I've heard (200 mg/day) is a good 16oz of black coffee. I'm a mess without it. I'm a FTM so I don't have other children to deal with and I'm sure that helps. I keep meals simple and try to do minimal housework in the evenings after work (DH helps with the basic daily stuff and I save any bigger projects for weekends). And sometimes I just grab fast food after work and go home and collapse on the couch in front of the tv all evening...whatever, I'm pregnant, I do what I want. And I go to bed at like, 9pm. It's uncomfortable to be in any position other than lying down anyway, so why not.
  • Options
    AprilA90 said:
    I just keep reading and the midwife tells me keep it limited to 2 caffeinated drinks. And for me personally it's a big cut back.
    Yeah that was a big cut back for me too, but I pretty much went off of it cold turkey when I had morning sickness and then added it back. A medium coffee gives me a noticeable buzz these days.
  • Options
    Naps. At least one a day. 
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Options
    I pretty much stopped drinking coffee and switched to tea when I was dealing with my morning sickness. Why I haven't just switched back to coffee I have no idea.
  • Options
    I've been decaf for three years or so, but the last few months the caffeine has definitely crept back in! I forgot what a difference it makes.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    thomas930 said:
    I don't function without caffeine these days...or ever. Also nap when I can.
    This. I recently switched from half caff to full caffeine coffee in the morning. I figure this late in the game, it can't hurt ;) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I give my best at work during the day, and at home before heading to work in the am and when I get home in the pm. By about 7pm I'm spent and enjoy hours of couch time before crashing at 10. Sleep is hit or miss these days but I figure it is good prep for baby's arrival. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"