Pregnant after a Loss

Symptoms are Decreasing...

Hi all. I am 6wks 4dys and my nausea is getting better, not worse. I had two miscarriages last year. The first one was a missed a/b that I found out about at my 8week ultrasound. Looked like the fetus stopped developing around 6 weeks. My HCG levels were at 25,000 last thursday but I am FREAKING out that my symptoms are lessening. My chest is tender but not too bad. I am really tired and my stomach is off, but better than last week. 

I have started some homeopathic treatments for the nausea, which I guess could be working.. I don't know. I am just so nervous. I don't have an ultrasound until until next week but I do go for more blood work on Thursday. I am freaking out over nothing?!

Re: Symptoms are Decreasing...

• I never got morning sickness or any other typical first trimester symptoms with my first pregnancy (now a healthy 2.5 year old boy) except strong sense of smell. I think it really does vary with every pregnancy and day by day. I hope you're just one of the lucky ones who doesn't get a lot of bad symptoms. Hugs to you. I know it's so hard not to overanalyze. 
    DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• I only had "strong" symptoms for like a week and a half. And by strong I mean strong for me, but probably mild compared to what many women go through. I had nausea, but never enough to actually make me puke (dry-heaved twice). I had fatigue, but was always able to stay up til my normal bedtime. Anyway, that was from about weeks 6.5 through 7. When I hit week 8, they seemed to almost disappear entirely (which freaked me out because with my mmc the baby had stopped growing in week 8). My nausea was pretty much gone and my energy returned. I went in for my u/s last week at 9w2d and everything was fine! I voiced my concerns about the disappearing symptoms and was told not to read too much into it. It's different for everyone! What really matters is a good scan. FX that you'll have yours next week! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • In my experiences symptoms can definitely come and go. However, I also know how stressful that be for someone who is PgAL. Try to enjoy your symptoms reprieve and FX for a great scan next week!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• Around the 6 week mark I also had some "coming and going" symptoms. I felt nauseous occasionally, but not every day, and one day my breasts hurt, the next it wasn't that noticeable. I asked my doctor about it, and she said as you get further along the symptoms get more constant. I started getting m/s right after my 7 week ultrasound and it has NOT gone away!! I am now 11w4d. I've had days that are better than others, but I'm nauseous every day now. Try to hang on until that first u/s! Can you get another beta checked in the meantime?
    TTC Since August, 2013
    BFP#1 11/2/2013 EDD 7/14/2014 MMC discovered at 8w3d (baby stopped growing at 6w2d)
    BFP#2 2/4/2014 EDD 10/15/2014 please stick little one!

• Thank you all so much for your replies. I am hoping that maybe I am just one of the lucky people that will not feel horrible during my first trimester.  I am going for bloodwork tomorrow and meet with my doctor on Thursday. Here's hoping everything works out.

Thank you all again for the support and well wishes!

• I'm curious to know what kind of homeopathic remedies you're using?  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • This may sound weird, but it seems to be working. I am soaking in a luke warm Epsom Salt Bath for 20 minutes and then applying Magnesium Oil to the bottom of my feet. I Let it sit there for 20 minutes and then wipe it off. My Homeopathic Physician recommending it. I also go for accupuncture twice a week.

• I went for weekly acupuncture in my first tri, and my nausea never really got bad. I don't know if I was just lucky, or if the acupuncture helped. Could be. 

Also, the symptoms I did have definitely peaked around 7-9 weeks and then tapered off by 12 or so. 

Pgal brain is the worst, I know, but I'd say it's best to just assume you're lucky to have minimal symptoms.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Unfortunately as others have said, symptoms don't equal success. I had full on symptoms right up until I started to bleed with my loss, though LO had been "gone" for awhile. Symptoms were up and down with this pregnancy and I'm 39w now!
    You just never know.
    Good luck to you!

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • tezottertezotter member
    edited April 2014

Thank you. You all are so helpful. I guess I just need to get into that "I am lucky" mindset for now. I know that this is out of my hands and what will happen, will happen.. but man! Pgal brain is not fun!

• Pgal brain is something isn't it? I have a thread going today about it too lol. For me in this pregnancy, my symptoms are defenitely coming and going-yesterday and today are 'going' which prompted the doc visit today, strong hb heard! Hoping for the same for you this week!!!
  • I hope the PGAL brain is not getting the best of you still.  Symptoms are fickle and come and go. And perhaps the remedies you are trying are working!
    Married 8/4/12
    BFP #1 EDD 12/5/13, MMC
    BFP #2 EDD 4/27/14- Our rainbow arrived 5/1/14!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think Epsom salt baths are good no matter when you do them!  If anything, they'll help you detox, right!  

I've been using essential oils for a couple years now and was just curious if you used any of those.  I've never tried/heard of magnesium oil.  

Hopefully your PgAL brain is gone today!  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  •  I don't mean to sound like I'm kidding, but maybe you are just getting used to the "bleh" feeling and the breast tenderness and the fatigue. Maybe it's just as bad but you're toughening up. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"