June 2013 Moms
Options

Which new toy?

DD has a number of small toys (shape sorter, stacking rings, rattles etc.) and only 1 "big" toy, a leapfrog table. I want to buy her another big toy I'm looking at either the v-tech sit to stand walker or the B. zany zoo activity cube. Which would you go for? Money is tight so I'm leaning towards the walker. Any other suggestions? I clearly can't make simple decisions without consulting you ladies ;)

or 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Which new toy?

• Options
    majwv8 said:
    I can't remember, but I don't think your LO is standing/pulling up so I would go for the walker. Once O learned to cruise she LOVED going back and forth in the living room with her walker. 

DD loves to stand, but the only thing she currently pulls up on is me :( I feel like she is close to cruising so it might be great timing for he walker.

• Options
    J loves the Vtech, too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm going to buy the walker today.

• Options
    Kind of a weird thing to consider, but if you have a lot of tile or hardwood floors, the walkers can be really tricky.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    LO has that walker and loves it! I am looking to get the cube next! 
  • Options
    Another vote for walker. LO uses his activity cube to stand on and tries to push it around.

• Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    We have both, and LO likes them both. I would say he plays with the walker slightly more than the cube but not that much more. Still, if I were you, I would choose the cube for several reasons:

1) I believe the Leap Frog table you mentioned probably lights up and makes noises like the walker. If I am right, I think the cube would be better because it's different than the table or walker. It's more old school.

2) I find my LO has more mishaps with the walker. You can't brake the wheels to make it not move, so we have to wedge it against the futon to keep it in one place. The activity cube just stays put (on carpet at least, it does move if pushed on hardwood.)

3) As a parent, the cube is less annoying than the walker because it doesn't make any noise!

4) I think the cube will be entertaining to LOs for longer. We took it to a family event recently, and the four and five year olds wanted to play with it too.
  • Options
    walker for sure. C has one, and it's her favorite toy. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Options
    I put a 3 lb free weight in the bottom of our walker (it has a little shelf type thing) to make pushing a little more difficult on the hardwood floor
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    @cricket81 good thing to consider! Her play room (and most of our house) is carpet so I don't need to worry about that. @BC&LM‌ I agree that the cube will be more fun in the long run, but maybe I can convince the grandparents to buy it for her at some point :)

• Options
    We have both. She loves to play with both, but gets much more use out of the walker.
  • Options
    Nix55Nix55 member
    Sit to stand walker! My LO loves it. We have the farm one from VTech.
  • Options
    We have the cube and love it, it's heavy enough that he's able to pull up on it which was a big reason we got it, we don't have that many things around he can pull up on at this point. I like that it doesn't light up or make noise ( he has plenty of things that do, it's just nice to have one big thing that doesn't) and it's nice that he can have more and more fun with it as he gets older.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"