August 2014 Moms
Options

Ring Slings?

I just got a ring sling yesterday after trying it on with DD and realizing that it's WAY more comfortable than carrying her around on my hip like I've been doing. Do you have one? Do you want one? Have you used one with a newborn? I'm looking for any and all suggestions/tips/lessons learned about using one. Either with a toddler or newborn.

Re: Ring Slings?

• Options
    I've bought one to try with the new LO but never used one with DS. He's just beyond the weight limit for the one I have now. I watched some videos on the Sakura Bloom YouTube channel, and they seemed pretty helpful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @missmiss307 and @Elbug, those are great suggestions to check out online videos. I'm kinda kicking myself for not having tried one sooner since I love how fast it is to get on and DD has always liked being carried. She's just now 25 lbs so I should be able to use it with her for a while longer (mine is recommended for up to 35 lbs). We use an Ergo too, but this seems much faster for quick trips to the store/library/wherever.

@Notchotchke, I got the Sakura Bloom linen one in "Caribbean" since I thought it was really pretty, loved the material, and wanted it NOW, lol. I'm pretty sure the Maya wrap would functionally be just as good but the store I was at didn't carry them...mine was only slightly more than the Maya wraps sell for on Amazon. I was having a really hard time visualizing using a ring sling and was happy to be able to test it in the store with DD who also could tell me it was comfortable. Mine is recommended for up to 35 lbs so you could likely use it with your toddler too, if you wanted. I've so far only done a hip carry with her since my belly gets in the way of front carries at the moment, but I plan to try the other carries with her baby brother once he arrives.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Babywearing Faith on Youtube has TONS of videos.  She's really good. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    I'm hoping to get one of my wraps converted into a ring sling! I've never used one before but have heard how awesome they are. At our next local Babywearing meeting a couple ladies there are going to help me out with one.

Goob 01/26/12
    Olliekazam 08/18/14

• Options
    @4PrivetDrive, what wraps do you have? I'm looking for one of those too, I think, mainly to use around home with the newborn. Different occasion, different carrier?
  • Options
    shevaCC said:

@4PrivetDrive, what wraps do you have? I'm looking for one of those too, I think, mainly to use around home with the newborn. Different occasion, different carrier?

@shevaCC‌
    I have a Sz 4 Kokadi Nils, Sz 4 Kokadi Blue Scales dyed purple, Sz 6 Oscha Japanese Knot Juliet Ooki, Sz 4Ellevill Zara Lately, and a Sz 6 Natibaby Vintage Clocks.
    Too many :) I'm planning on probably trying to sleep the Ellevill and convert the clocks.

Goob 01/26/12
    Olliekazam 08/18/14

• Options
    I had a ring sling with DS starting around 3 months. I plan to use the same one from the beginning with this baby. Sleeping Baby Productions has a great selection and is amazing to work with.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a Maya. I didn't get it till DD was about 7 months old. I use a hip carry or a front carry with her mostly. I am so looking forward to using it with DS in the front carry when he gets here.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks @cruelsound. That was exactly what I needed.
  • Options
    I have a wrap converted rs (from didy aquamarine fish) from sleeping baby productions, can't wait to use it with a smaller baby again! DS has refused to be carried for a while now so my carriers have just been waiting in the closet. Super helpful for quick carries, though my shoulder couldn't handle long term ring sling use, as DS was a chunk already when I got it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Out of all my carriers my ring sling is SO my favorite!

Look up different ways to carry on YouTube, there's a ton!  My favorite with an infant is a tummy to tummy carry :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"