December 2014 Moms
Options

Joining the club

Hi everyone. I got a BFP today! Due date is 12/9/14. Too bad I can't wait four days to have 12/13/14. :D

I'm currently over 35 and under 40, married 13 years with two girls aged 5 and 7, so this will be a different pregnancy to say the least. I'm excited to be joining a moms-to-be board, as it's been almost 6 years since I had the pleasure and fun of discussing the ins and outs of our pregnancies with other moms.

DH and I haven't told our girls yet, because once we do everyone in the world will know! We're keeping it low-key for now until I'm further along, because I'm a more high-risk pregnancy and I want to make sure it sticks before we do a big announcement. Close family and friends are about it for the next few months.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone, and if anyone wants to discuss moms over 35 pregnancies or pregnancies with PCOS, let me know. I'm happy to chat.
BabyFruit Ticker       
DD1 - 8 years
DD2 - 6 years
BFP3 - 3/31/14, Harmony Test 6/5/14 - It's a BOY!

Re: Joining the club

• Options
    Congrats and welcome to December 14!
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bellacrystabellacrysta member
    edited April 2014
    Hi Everyone!

I found out last Monday that I am pregnant. We've been trying for several years to have a baby. We were told initially that we were 8 wks pregnant, but at my first prenatal appointment, the doctor said we were more like 4 or 5. Roller coaster!

Tentative Due Date: !2/5/14
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!!  DH brought up the chance to have a 12/13/14 baby today....our son was 8/9/10.  If this baby follows suit and is late the party like big brother we have a good chance of making it happen!
    photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • Options
    2JEL2JEL member
    Congrats and welcome!  I have PCOS and am a bit nervous about potential risks/complications so if you have any advice/experience/observations from your prior pregnancies I would love to hear them!

"And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 
    2 Corinthians 12:9

• Options
    MC522MC522 member
    Congrats and Welcome!
    Baby #4 on the way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!!
    Me (32) + DH (31)
    DS = 12/2/2014
    Started TTC #2 = 7/2019

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Congrats! Maybe you'll deliver on 12-13-14.  ;)

Mom to 4 wonderful children: T(8), B(6) ,M(3), and A(1)
    baby #5 due 12-07-14
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all.

gsalyer06 said:
    Congrats! Maybe you'll deliver on 12-13-14.  ;)
    That would be great, but considering I was GD with both my other pregnancies, there is probably no way I'll get a pass to go four days past my EDD. I'll just think of woulda/coulda/shoulda. :)

2JEL said:
    Congrats and welcome!  I have PCOS and am a bit nervous about potential risks/complications so if you have any advice/experience/observations from your prior pregnancies I would love to hear them!
    I've had two successful pregnancies with PCOS and now pg with this one, so I'm happy to discuss anything related to PCOS pregnancies. There's a lot of misinformation out there, but there are some genuine issues to deal with, and as always, getting correct info is key.

My first question would be to ask if you've had your progesterone (P4) level checked. Moms with PCOS that aren't monitored/treated have a MUCH higher miscarriage rate in the first trimester because their own progesterone levels are too low (your body thinks it's a problem with the baby development when it's really your own hormonal imbalance). My P4 level was low for for my first two pregnancies, but I got progesterone supplementation and everything was fine. When I called my doctor's office on Monday to let them know, I requested a progesterone level, and sure enough, it was 7.3 (10 is the minimum needed to sustain a pregnancy). I started on progesterone supplements yesterday, and I'll get my blood checked again on Monday to make sure the levels are above 10.

You're also more at risk for GD, so keep that in mind for the third trimester. :) And, PCOS moms are also twice as likely to get post-partum depression after the baby is born. These are pretty solid stats, all due to the hormonal imbalance, and I dealt with them myself with both my previous pregnancies. I have no reason to assume this one will be much different, but you never know. And, given that I'm going for round 3, none of the issues were severe enough to put me off another baby.
    BabyFruit Ticker       
    DD1 - 8 years
    DD2 - 6 years
    BFP3 - 3/31/14, Harmony Test 6/5/14 - It's a BOY!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"