Secondary IF

Medicated cycles for one tube?

Morning ladies!
I am thinking about having a discussion with my re about a couple of medicated cycles (since I am still waiting for this surgery! :-w )

I know my re will have some suggestions but I like to be informed as well. What would be some viable options? And pros/cons of each?
I lean away from clomid and it's much touted evil side effects. Plus, I recently had an abnormal pap so i feel like that should exclude me from taking it.
I recently read about tamoxifen but never heard of it before that...
You guys are the experts, so what do you think?

Re: Medicated cycles for one tube?

• Hey lady.  I'm just seeing this today.  I only have one tube and tried Femara a couple times and am now on injectables.  Each cycle they are hoping for 2 follies on the right side (the one with the tube).  My last IUI was not successful, but we are trying with Gonal-F and Menopur this time, so I hope it will work. 

I would definitely consult with your RE and see what he says.   
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • So I just started tamoxifen yesterday and my RE describes it as a good alternative to clomid for me I still only produce one follies while taking tamoxifen (20 Mg) twice a day. she says all my levels are much better and she feels it just makes everything a little more baby ready if that makes sense, sorry still can't comment from my work computer so I'm totally mobile. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Loading the player...
  • I did 3 cycles of clomid/ovidrel trigger IUI's with one tube and all were BFN. But for me, I think my remaining tube was damaged from a m/c between DD and TTC now so my experience may be moot

6/09 right tube loss (fallopian torsion) 12/09 BFP #1 (DD born 9/10)
    8/12 dx Lupus (ANA+/APA-), 12/12 BFP #2  natural m/c 6w 2d 
    TTC#2  since 9/12  50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #1 Beta 10/4=BFN
                                 50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #2 Beta 11/1= BFN
                                      100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #3 Beta 12/26=BFFN
    100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #4 Beta 2/14= BFFN
    Took a LONG Break
    Lots of Luck and Love BFPB for life KOFMKG
  • My one successful pregnancy was after my right tube was blocked after a lap procedure.  I also just got pregnant again.  Both times we used injections and a trigger shot with an IUI.
     TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for the responses ladies! I'm debating giving my re's office a call today (our whole province has been storm stayed since Thursday so I feel bad about calling on the first day back!) just to ask what's up with the surgery referral... And see about scheduling an appt to discuss meds in the meantime. I've just been feeling so much that it's "one step forward and two steps back" and I need to feel like we are being proactive! It has now been a full two months (9 freaking weeks people!!!) since my first appt w my re and I feel like I am no further ahead.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"