March 2012 Moms

DD's hair

DD has started letting me do more with her hair than just a ponytail or pig tails. My mom had a salon in our house when I was a kid and used to teach beauty school. After being surrounded by it as a kid, I've always been pretty good at hair. I'm not into fashion or make-up really but love doing different braids and things. I used to do all the hair in a youth choir I was in in high school. Of course, mine was in a ponytail because I always ran out of time. lol

DD let me do braids this mornings. I'm so excited to be able to do more things. She looks so cute!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

Re: DD's hair

• Nicb13 said:

Super cute! She sat still for you to do that? That's awesome :)

No....she sat still for Super Why. lol.

She does require/demand her hair be done every morning but just this week she has started letting me braid it.

TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Omg! I can't wait to do braids! She looks so cute!
  • Loading the player...
  • WipzWipz member
    Have you ever tried an upside down French braid.. so it ends at the top instead of the bottom..it's cute with longish hair

... I used to have that sometimes in my old Goth /Punk/ Biker chick days ..it's kinda fun and a bit different
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wipz said:
    Have you ever tried an upside down French braid.. so it ends at the top instead of the bottom..it's cute with longish hair

... I used to have that sometimes in my old Goth /Punk/ Biker chick days ..it's kinda fun and a bit different
    One of my favorite ways to wear my hair in high school was two French braids from the front, stopping halfway. Then two up from the bottom, ending halfway. Then all of them joining into a messy bun of sorts. I've never been much for having my hair down so I've always found fun ways to do buns, updos, etc.

• @countrygrl5533‌ I like the reverse braids where you braid under and the braid pops out.
  • LilNunz1 said:
    @countrygrl5533‌ I like the reverse braids where you braid under and the braid pops out.
    Those are technically Dutch braids. I've actually never liked them other than in the early 2000s standard "prom hair." You know, the bunch of little braids coming back from the face but they stop a couple inches in and the rest of the hair is down, usually curled.

• Cute! I tried to do braids, but I'm terrible at doing hair. They looked pretty terrible!

• Hangs head in shame, I can barely get my dd's hair to look good in pigtails. Good job @countrygrl5533, her hair looks really cute.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"