Babies on the Brain

What do you do while waiting?

My husband and I are TTC #3. Numbers 1 & 2 were totally unplanned, so this is the first time I've actually had to wait to see if we conceived. It's killing me to wait until I'm close enough to take a test. I'm on the lookout for any signs of pregnancy to determine if maybe I am since all I can do is wait. Am I tired because I'm pregnant, or is it because I gave up coffee for lent? With the first two I had a dream that I was pregnant and I haven't had that yet. I still have a week to go and may possibly be driving my husband crazy!

What did you do while you were waiting?

Re: What do you do while waiting?

• There isn't much you can do other than live your life and hope for the best! Good luck!
  • You learn to live your life.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with @Twinkie0612, all you can do is continue to live your life as normally as possible.  DH and I TTC and then moved on to adoption, so start to finish we waited for 5.5 years or so.  In that time we changed jobs, I went to massage therapy school and graduate school, we bought a house, got a couple more dogs, took up running, lost weight (and regained it), etc.
  • I should probably elaborate a little on my original response.  I think most women feel the way you do when they first start TTC, I know I did.  I analyzed every possible symptom and counted down the days until I could take a HPT with any reliability.  If you don't get pregnant in the first few months, the newness wears off and TTC becomes part of your life.  Yes, you will still think about it, but it won't be the only thing you think of.  That's where the living your life comes in.  Life still moves on while your TTC and you eventually figure out how to balance the two.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• @Twinkie0612 got it exactly right. At first it's hard to think about anything else. After the first couple months it gets easier to focus on other stuff. GL!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"