November 2014 Moms
Options

Stroller Suggestions?

Ok, I'm so getting ahead of myself, but I've been looking at strollers and I think I found what I would like my stroller to have, but haven't been able to find one that meets what I'm looking for. Obviously, very early in the process.

I'm thinking a running stroller, with a travel system that includes a bassinet and car seat. Does it exist? Or do you suggest a different kind of stroller. Thanks!!

Re: Stroller Suggestions?

• Options
    sunflwrasunflwra member
    edited March 2014
    I don't know of a jogging stroller with the attachments but it could exist. If you get something heavy like that, I might also recommend a Snap n Go. Sometimes it's a pure miracle to just be able to pop the seat out of the car and on to the SnG versus having to move the baby out of one and into the other.

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• Options
    I don't know that it exists with a bassinet. I don't see the point of bassinets unless you plan to take a lot of walks outside. Otherwise, baby is going to fall asleep in the car seat most of the time early on and you're not going to want to wake them to transfer them to the bassinet. Actually I doubt a system with a bassinet exists because you're not supposed to use jogging strollers while jogging until the baby has good neck control, which is around 5-6 months. Bob is usually the preferred jogging stroller if you are serious about jogging. There is a car seat adapter that you buy to attach to it. You can't jog with the car seat.

We have the city mini and the car seat adapter for it. I love our stroller. I'm sad that we need to consider selling it for a double. The mini is not a jogging stroller, though it looks similar. I'm considering the city select but I hate that it doesn't have one hand collapse.
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    abbyfulabbyful member
    edited March 2014
    I would suggest a regular stroller & a jogging stroller, I don't think you'll be happy trying to get one to fulfill all needs.

As far as a regular stroller, I love our Britax B-Agile. It's smooth rolling, easy to maneuver, lightweight, and extremely easy to fold & unfold. Britax infant seats snap in to it too, so it can be used like a travel system. DH thought I was insane buying it when there were other cheaper strollers (it's not THAT expensive), but when DS arrived, he was like "ok, you're right, this stroller is awesome!"
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You can get a jogging stroller that has a car seat attachement, you wont' be able to run with it until your baby is like 6 months old, you wont' find on with a bassinet.  I never liked the bassinets because they dont' see very secure unless you are walking were there is no chance of the stroller ever getting away from you ever.  Our everyday stroller is the B-agile with the b-safe car seat.  Our jogger is a jeep for when we are on rough sidewalks.  We are getting the b-agile double when this one comes.  The only thing I regret about jogging stroller decisions is I wish I would have pick one that you could unlock the wheel for when you are just walking with it.  Our Jeep is permanently locked.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    I don't know that it exists with a bassinet. I don't see the point of bassinets unless you plan to take a lot of walks outside. Otherwise, baby is going to fall asleep in the car seat most of the time early on and you're not going to want to wake them to transfer them to the bassinet. Actually I doubt a system with a bassinet exists because you're not supposed to use jogging strollers while jogging until the baby has good neck control, which is around 5-6 months. Bob is usually the preferred jogging stroller if you are serious about jogging. There is a car seat adapter that you buy to attach to it. You can't jog with the car seat. We have the city mini and the car seat adapter for it. I love our stroller. I'm sad that we need to consider selling it for a double. The mini is not a jogging stroller, though it looks similar. I'm considering the city select but I hate that it doesn't have one hand collapse.
    I never even thought of selling our single for the double but I guess this make a lot of sense.  The price of the doubles are not nice on the eyes so this could lessen the pain.

imageimage
  • Options
    We bought Chicco everything-stroller/car seat, toddler car seat, high chair. We have been super satisfied. I've never heard of a jogging stroller being part of a travel system. Must be new.
    Little O- 2/25/12
    BFP 2/28/14 MMC 14W2D D&C 5/07/14

• Options
    momtojad said:

I don't know that it exists with a bassinet. I don't see the point of bassinets unless you plan to take a lot of walks outside. Otherwise, baby is going to fall asleep in the car seat most of the time early on and you're not going to want to wake them to transfer them to the bassinet. Actually I doubt a system with a bassinet exists because you're not supposed to use jogging strollers while jogging until the baby has good neck control, which is around 5-6 months. Bob is usually the preferred jogging stroller if you are serious about jogging. There is a car seat adapter that you buy to attach to it. You can't jog with the car seat.

We have the city mini and the car seat adapter for it. I love our stroller. I'm sad that we need to consider selling it for a double. The mini is not a jogging stroller, though it looks similar. I'm considering the city select but I hate that it doesn't have one hand collapse.

I never even thought of selling our single for the double but I guess this make a lot of sense.  The price of the doubles are not nice on the eyes so this could lessen the pain.

I had 2u2 and used both my single and double strollers a lot. Often DH and I would split up each taking one kid somewhere. I would recommend keeping a single stroller. We had a Graco single, cheap umbrella, and a single jogger. We did sell the jogger when we bought our double. I couldn't justify having 4 strollers and didn't have the space for it.

• Options
    jf198400 said:
    I don't know that it exists with a bassinet. I don't see the point of bassinets unless you plan to take a lot of walks outside. Otherwise, baby is going to fall asleep in the car seat most of the time early on and you're not going to want to wake them to transfer them to the bassinet. Actually I doubt a system with a bassinet exists because you're not supposed to use jogging strollers while jogging until the baby has good neck control, which is around 5-6 months. Bob is usually the preferred jogging stroller if you are serious about jogging. There is a car seat adapter that you buy to attach to it. You can't jog with the car seat. We have the city mini and the car seat adapter for it. I love our stroller. I'm sad that we need to consider selling it for a double. The mini is not a jogging stroller, though it looks similar. I'm considering the city select but I hate that it doesn't have one hand collapse.
    I had 2u2 and used both my single and double strollers a lot. Often DH and I would split up each taking one kid somewhere. I would recommend keeping a single stroller. We had a Graco single, cheap umbrella, and a single jogger. We did sell the jogger when we bought our double. I couldn't justify having 4 strollers and didn't have the space for it.
    AHHH so many options, I wanted to keep the single jogger since the new baby won't be old enough to go running with me for awhile.  Hopefully we just find a really good deal on a double and I can keep all of them.  Mine will be 2u2 too

imageimage
  • Options
    KatzKiss said:

We bought Chicco everything-stroller/car seat, toddler car seat, high chair. We have been super satisfied. I've never heard of a jogging stroller being part of a travel system. Must be new.

Maybe the chicco high chair has improved since I last used one (about 6 years ago), but I haaaaated that thing. I loved it in theory, but there are a million nooks and crannies that are impossible to thoroughly clean. And the damn dishwasher safe tray was too big for my dishwasher.

A work in progress

MMC April 2014 at 6w2d, D&C at 9 weeks

MMC August 2014 at 9w1d, D&C at 12 weeks

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    I agree that it's nice to have an additional stroller in addition to a jogging stroller just because jogging strollers are typically large and can be hard to maneuver around small places. I actually ended up with a jogging stroller and just a First Years Umbrella Stroller and that has suited me just fine. I am an avid exercise enthusiast and love to run, so I went with the best of the best i.e. The BOB stroller and LOVE IT. They are pricey, but for me it was worth every penny!! It is light and great to run with, I have also done several races with this stroller. There are two different BOB strollers you can get….the Ironman and the Revolution. I went with the Ironman as it has a fixed wheel, which makes running on the road easier. The Revolution has a swivel wheel, which I can't really give an opinion on as I only know the fixed wheel. I would suggest maybe going to a store and testing them out before purchasing as again BOBS are pricey! BOBs are compatible with certain infant carrier carseats….we bought a Chicco Keyfit30, but I know that they also go with some Graco models as well. Alls you need to do is buy the correct attachment (another 50 bucks, but you can find it on amazon) that lets you set the carseat in place and it will snap in. As far as jogging with your infant….it does say not to jog with them until they are 6-7 months or something crazy like that……ehhhh, I may have gone against the rules on that one as I was jogging pretty early with my daughter…however, just don't go over gravel or rough sidewalks and you and your baby will be fine!!!

Side note: If you decide to go with a BOB, I have noticed I have gone through a lot of tires….it might just be because of where I am…there are lots of desert thorns on the ground….but it is also totally worth it to get the gel in the wheels!!! This can be done real cheap at most bike stores….here it's like 5 bucks a wheel….not bad and then you are free from worry of flats for AWHILE!!!!

Good luck!
  • Options
    I don't jog so no help there, but we have the First Years Ignite and love it. We went to some baby stores and just messed around with different strollers to get an idea of what we wanted. I'd really recommend doing that, it was super helpful. In my opinion travel systems are too big and bulky, and I read reviews that snap and go's aren't comfortable if you're tall (my husband and I both are). I wanted something I could stick in the trunk easily and be comfortable pushing. We've been super happy with our stroller.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have a baby jogger city mini and have absolutely loved it! It is not meant for heavy duty running, but walking and light jogging it works well. It is the easiest thing ever to open and super lightweight. We bought an attachment to go with it that allowed us to snap our infant seat onto it and it was awesome. I highly recommend it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    wendyld said:
    Maybe the chicco high chair has improved since I last used one (about 6 years ago), but I haaaaated that thing. I loved it in theory, but there are a million nooks and crannies that are impossible to thoroughly clean. And the damn dishwasher safe tray was too big for my dishwasher.

I never even thought about putting the tray in the dishwasher. Probably because DS eats about 5 times a day. It wouldn't even have time to make it through a cycle! I do have to take the cover off about once a month and throw it in the washing machine.
    Little O- 2/25/12
    BFP 2/28/14 MMC 14W2D D&C 5/07/14

• Options
    Bump for later!
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    We love our Chicco Liteway Plus, but it's not a jogging stroller. It is compatible with DD's infant car seat and can also be used without it. It's really easy to use, small and lightweight. We're thinking of buying a double stroller though, since the kids will be so close in age. We'll probably go with another Chicco model. 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have the Uppababy Vista. It came with a bassinet and a regular stroller seat. I bought the graco car seat adapter to use it with the infant car seat. We love it and don't have any complaints. I bought a used BOB for jogging.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Omg! My siggy. I obviously haven't changed it since 2011. Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mountain Buggy has joggers and you can buy a bassinet. Also, First Years has one that comes with the bassinet. Bob I believe sells the bassinet separately too.
  • Options
    We got a BOB primarily because we live in an area with lots of unpacked roads and go camping. We bought it on Craigslist and have a swivel wheel that can lock. The swivel option is seriously great! And I secone the gel in the tires. For while DD was little we also had a snap n go to take places like the mall. She used that until she was about a year.

I also know someone who has a city select and loves it, but man that thing was so freakin expensive! (I organized a group gift for it). You might want to look online for resale strollers, regardless of what you get to save some money.

Finally, when getting a high chair do some investigating into how water-tight the tray is. Some get mold growing in there super easily. It's disgusting.
  • Options
    We have the orbit system for our stroller and car seats (yes very expensive but was a family gift) and I have a used baby jogger for my jogging stroller. I love both. Jogging stroller stays home and orbit would go in the car with me out.
  • Options
    So I don't jog but I have the graco fast action jogger. We are getting a new car seat for this baby and it's one that clicks into the stroller. They also have a double stroller we will get- a graco click connect car seat can work in any click connect stroller I think
  • Options
    I am seasoned stroller hater.  

We started with a Gracco travel system and ditched it after a few months because baby girl was huuuuuge and barely squeezed into the carrier part.  Then we got a "nicer" Gracco which was meh.  Now we have a double jogger for both girls and the girls are too close together in it.  The two year old just shrieks "MAYA'S TOUCHING ME!"  the whole time.

I hate strollers.
  • Options
    A neighbor gave me her old graco travel system, and it was fine for the mall or other really flat sidewalks, but I live in a treed old neighborhood with unlevel sidewalks. We called it "the bone rattler". Which he actually liked, I think, all the bouncing was soothing to him.

I love my bob revolution. I'm bummed that the double bob is so wide. It's fine for jogging but too big to go shopping with. Plus, with almost three years between my kids, the side-by-side isn't the best option for us.

Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Options
    I have a double BOB revolution and it seriously one of the best things I have ever bought! You can literally push it with a finger and it is very easy to maneuver. I take mine everywhere and use it all of the time. I have had a peg perego travel system and a graco double and I can't even compare them to the bob. You can usually find them on craigslist for half the price of a new one :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with my first, I was warned by several people not to get a travel system as the strollers are heavier and do not fold/work as nicely as others. I have a city mini and love it, with the exception of the drink holder attachment which I think should be designed better. There are also car seat adapters you can use with it. I bought a barely used BOB revolution stroller off of Craigslist for half the price and it came with some accessories. Unfortunately my daughter hated being in any type of stroller from a young age, so I haven't been able to use it much. Hopefully the next one will like it :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"