Babies on the Brain
Options

First Pregnancy- Very Nervous!

We just found out we were pregnant last week. We are assuming I'm about 7-8 weeks along. We have our first ultrasound in about a week. I'm very nervous because this is our first pregnancy. I'm most worried that they won't see anything in there when we do the ultrasound. I took 3 pregnancy tests and they all came out positive; including the one at the doctor's office, but it still makes me nervous. Does anyone have any advice? 

Re: First Pregnancy- Very Nervous!

• Options
    Hope for the best, and expect the worst.  For me that feeling didn't go away until I could feel my LO moving around in there. (Around 4 months I think) After that point I had a kickboxer in my belly and never had to worry about it.  He was pretty good about letting mommy know all was well.  Good luck and I hope you have a healthy uncomplicated pregnancy. 
  • Options
    LimaDLimaD member
    edited April 2014
    I understand your nervousness. When I was pregnant w/DD, I didn't truly "allow" myself to get excited until the 12 week appointment when I heard her heartbeat.
    Try not to spend your entire pregnancy worrying. I wouldn't say "expect the worse."  That will only fuel your anxiety.  Worrying will not help you. If you haven't already, talk to your SO about your concerns. Hopefully he and your dr. appointment will give you some peace of mind.
    GL and congratulations!

ETA: I know 1st Tri can be exhausting, but if you feel up for some light-moderate exercise, that is a great way to relieve stress and get your mind off your worries
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! We've been there. It takes some time to sink in but you'll get there. Just take good care of yourself and the baby, be more cautious now than before and don't forget to smile! :)
  • Options
    Congrats! Don't think about all the things that could go wrong, you'll worry yourself sick! Just focus on being happy about the pregnancy and the baby growing inside of you and take care of yourself. And whatever you do, do not Google all the bad stuff that could happen or every little thing you feel happening to your body! Just get a pregnancy book (such as What to Expect When You're Expecting, or something like that) and use that as your guide. The internet has far too much information. GL and a happy and healthy 9 months to you. :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Congrats!  I think it's a normal feeling, especially if you are symptomless.  H&H 9 months!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    congrats on your pregnancy. You can move onto the 1st trimester board now! :)

baby development
  • Options
    Congratulations!  And the worrying is totally normal.  It starts with a pregnancy test and literally never ends.  Just try to enjoy your time being pregnant.  Once you see a doctor you will feel better.  I know I was super relieved every appointment to listen to the heartbeat and then by the next time I'd be so nervous again.  
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for all the comforting comments. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only out there feeling nervous! I'm very excited to have my first appointment and I will try to stay calm. 

Thank you again ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"