February 2014 Moms
Options

Scariest day of my life :( - UPDATE with PIP

CodypupCodypup member
edited April 2014 in February 2014 Moms
UPDATE:
First off, thank you all SO much for your kind words and support. I read every single one and the comments made me feel so much better. Willa had a great night - we did one more dose of Tylenol around 8pm, and she hasn't had any since. Her temp just now was 98.4 - woohoo! That means no CBC blood test. The doctor called me first thing this morning to check on her, and they think the fever was still because of her Friday shots. Her rash has faded dramatically, except on her cheeks, but even that looks better.

We're quarantined at home today and I'll be keeping an eye on her rash and her temp. I've been getting a ridiculous number of smiles this morning, which makes me think she's on the mend - sick babies don't giggle, right?

Thank you all again.

My happy girl!!

Let me preface this by saying my LO is okay, and hopefully will stay that way.

Willa got her 2 month shots this past Friday, and spent the weekend fussy/sleepy/feverish - normal reactions to the vaccines. She also stopped pooping as soon as she got those shots, and didn't go again until Sunday evening. Last night, she finally pooped, and then screamed bloody murder for 3 hours straight - we think there were gas issues causing her pain. 

So she slept okay last night, and this morning, I took her to daycare -- it was my first day back at work, and thank god I only scheduled myself for a half day.

Around 1pm, I got a phone call from daycare saying Willa had spiked a fever of 107. I freaked my fucking shit - jumped in the car, sped like a demon, ran about 12 red lights - I literally hopped the curb at the daycare and left the car running so I could get inside. They saw me coming and immediately tried to calm me down, because the lady had said 100 POINT 7. Not 107. Logically, I should have realized that 107 would have meant an ER trip, and that the daycare would have called an ambulance and whatnot. But I panicked, because who the hell says "one hundred seven" to a FTM?! Or at least doesn't clarify when my response on the phone was to freak out?! 

This is incredibly dramatic, but I literally fell to me knees and started weeping at the sheer relief of that news. I had a full blown ugly cry in front of 4 or 5 daycare workers... I had never felt such panic in my life. I calmed down and called my husband, and took W to the doctor. They think her fever is a response to the shots still, or potentially something I caught (I currently have a fever too.) W also has a rash from head to toe - which is fading as the Tylenol takes effect. Willa's been eating a ton, pooped twice since we got home, and even gave me some smiles - so I hope to god she's on the mend.

So, lesson is to ask twice if they tell me she has a fever? Never get shots again? Or quit my job and never let her leave my side? :( Such a scary day. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Scariest day of my life :( - UPDATE with PIP

• Options
    MissDemeanorMissDemeanor member
    edited March 2014
    Oh poor you sweetie! Big hugs.
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    oh my gosh, that's terrifying! I can't believe they didn't clarify over the phone. I'm so sorry you had such a scare but glad to hear that everyone is doing fine. snuggle her close and have some wine tonight!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Omg I'm so sorry that happened. I'd be a basket case too. I hope Willa gets better soon!
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    ((((Hugs)))) Glad she is okay, but what an unnecessary scare! Can't believe they didn't clarify which then caused you to go into such a panic. It makes for a very heroic story though. It shows what Mommy WILL do if she is ever truly in that kind of situation. Bittersweet, Momma. :)
  • Options
    Wow, that is scary! I'm so glad it was just a mild fever!
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Options
    Holy crap!!! HUGE ((((hugs)))) for you and your little girl! I'm so sorry that happened and I'm glad she's showing signs of feeling better.
  • Options
    OH my, I'm so sorry. naturally when someone says one hundred seven...you think 107. Im so sorry you had to go through that. Sending you huge hugs!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    What a horrible way to go back to work! I would have been terrified too I'm so glad she's okay! She's lucky to have such a devoted momma :x
  • Options
    Sorry that must have been horrible to go through. I am so glad your ok as well, as driving with such panic- not nice! Hopefully she will be all well soon.
  • Options
    Oh my god, sweetie big hugs! What a turd. DCP should have known rhere is a difference between the two.

Glad LO is okay! Your reaction shouldn't have been any less than he you were.

*BFP m/c  *BFP b/g twins *S/B 20w  *BFP DS A  1-12-12  *BFP m/c  *BFP m/c  *BFP *It's a boy again* EDD 2-5-14

• Options
    That is super scary.  Glad all is ok and it was not 107.
  • Options
    So scary! It really amazes me how much we come to love our LOs so quickly! I'm glad it's not as bad as you thought.
    Me: 25 DH: 26 First-time Mom EDD 2/2/2014

From May 18, 2013
  • Options
    Holy crap. 107?! I'd have done the same and I can't believe they let you freak out.

image image
  • Options
    So sorry your day didn't go well.
    imageimage

• Options
    Wow, that is scary!  I am glad she is ok and on the mend!

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/tPU3m8.png

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Oh my god. I would have had the same reaction. Glad she's ok and sorry your first day back was hairy.
  • Options
    Hope she continues to improve! What a super scary incident. I am so sorry you had to go through that.
    Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options
    Omg! Wow. ((((Hugs)))) I'm so sorry that happened. I'm glad W is ok though. I don't know what I would've done.

Because Daryl+Puppy =ALL the feels

• Options
    So awful! I'm so sorry you had to feel that way!!
  • Options
    I'm glad little Willa is doing fine, hopefully the daycare will be more clear in future cases!
  • Options
    Glad she's ok. How horrible. Big hugs. How horrible
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Holy moly!!!! You had a completly logical reaction to the information they gave you! You poor thing, I'm happy Willa is ok and acting normal :)
  • Options
    107 would have scared me too! Hope she feels better soon... And that you had a nice strong drink when you got home!

• Options
    I woulda flipped at 107 too and I'm not a FTM. I'm glad Willa is ok but I'm sorry they gave you such a panic attack! (((Hugs)))

BFP #1 5.26.08 DD born 1.4.09
    BFP #2 3.11.12 m/c 3.26.12
    BFP #3 10.7.12 m/c 10.27.12
    BFP #4 2.24.13 ectopic MTX 3.13.13 Right tube removed 3.29.13
    BFP #5 5.27.13 DS born 1.22.14

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    So glad to hear her fever is down and that she's smiling! I can't even begin to imagine how terrifying yesterday was for you. Sending big hugs!

TTC #1 Since Feb 2012
    Me: 31, DH: 32
    Bloodwork, HSG, and SA = All Good

RE Cycle #1: 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, and TI = BFP on June 8!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Beta #1 115, Beta #2 244, 8 week ultrasound shows one beautiful gummy bear and heartbeat!

• Options
    So glad she's okay!  Sorry you had a rough first day back, but at least everything ended well.  for the record, I would have flipped my shit too and I'm not a FTM.
  • Options
    So, so, so, sooooo happy she is continuing to get better. How awesome!! Look at that smile. :x My heart is now mush.
  • Options
    Wow just read this today.  That panicky parent feeling when something is wrong with your kid is so intense.  I know that feeling and am soooo relieved to hear your Willa is better!!! 
    Feb 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"