May 2014 Moms

STM who had a Rock and play

For those of you that have one, did you have the one that vibrates or the one that doesn't?  Did your baby like it?

Re: STM who had a Rock and play

• Mine does not vibrate. I didn't even know one existed! I like it as is, but I'm sure it couldn't hurt to have an extra calming feature available. Is there a big price difference?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Mine doesn't vibrate. I don't even think it was an option when we got it. We all loved it without vibration. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • When DD was born there was only the regular old RnP (and it only came in yellow or pink!), so that's what we have.  It was so great for her to nap in, especially if we weren't going to be home during a time she needed to sleep.  She was fine without the vibration.  Our bouncy seat vibrates and she liked that too.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• MinaE01 said:
    Mine does not vibrate. I didn't even know one existed! I like it as is, but I'm sure it couldn't hurt to have an extra calming feature available. Is there a big price difference?
    I think the non-vibrating is $49 on Amazon and the vibrating is like $60ish?  I found someone wanting to sell the non-vibrating kind for $25 and was considering it.
  • I didn't have a RnP with DS, but I just wanted to throw out that he hated anything that vibrated. So for us it would have been a huge waste of money. Personally I'd snag one priced at $25.
    image    image

• My friend has a vibrating one for her newborn. Her baby loves it, she sleeps 6 hours at night at 3 weeks old!!!
  • rainydayluckrainydayluck member
    edited March 2014
    We had one, but it didn't vibrate.
    ETA: I don't think we would have missed it.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• They didn't have those when my other two were babies but everyone I know that has had one loves it. We got one but it doesn't vibrate. I did see a "portable soother" at target, it vibrates so it can make anything vibrate, really considering one because vibration always calmed DD.
  • Maybe this is a stupid question, but can you put the baby to sleep during the night in the rock and play? I am planning on using it during the day, haven't yet figured out what the baby is sleeping in for the first couple weeks in our room. I guess I'm not sure if there are positioning issues or anything like that for longer periods of time.

• ehowa499 said:

Maybe this is a stupid question, but can you put the baby to sleep during the night in the rock and play? I am planning on using it during the day, haven't yet figured out what the baby is sleeping in for the first couple weeks in our room. I guess I'm not sure if there are positioning issues or anything like that for longer periods of time.

DD slept in hers for the first 6 months before we moved her to the crib in her room. The only problem we had was it was very difficult to transition her to sleeping flat (but other babies have no problem, depends on the kid). This time we bought a RNP bassinet instead, so she will be sleeping flat from day one.

• lica001 said:
    My friend has a vibrating one for her newborn. Her baby loves it, she sleeps 6 hours at night at 3 weeks old!!!
    Beb sleep for at least 6 hours a night at 3 weeks old in a bassinet that did not vibrate. I wouldn't connect the two. 

• ehowa499 said:

Maybe this is a stupid question, but can you put the baby to sleep during the night in the rock and play? I am planning on using it during the day, haven't yet figured out what the baby is sleeping in for the first couple weeks in our room. I guess I'm not sure if there are positioning issues or anything like that for longer periods of time.

Also, babies don't necessarily sleep longer stretches overnight at first. They pretty much are up every 1-4 hours around the clock to be fed and changed.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• jenb_99jenb_99 member
    edited April 2014
    Mine was the most basic no-frills model. Thin cover (no cushy headrest insert) and no music or vibration. It was cheap and wonderful but unfortunately they don't make it anymore. We used it for 6 months (daytime only) and absolutely loved it. I never once thought it needed any enhancements.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• FTM but it was recommended by a friend that had one for her now-2yo. I'm picking one up this week with the BRU 20% off coupon.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • I'm a FTM but we were able to get a rather basic model that does vibrate for about $50 from BRU. We applied coupons and a gift card and got it for less than $30. 
  • Our's doesn't vibrate, but DD LOVED it, and so did we! We will be using it again for DS even though it's pink. :)
  • Doesn't vibrate...didn't make them then. Love it anyway! Actually got a brand new one wth the recall from the mildew issues so we just got it out of the box. It's been sitting under the bed new for a year now.

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• I had one that didn't vibrate. DD loved it, she wouldn't sleep in anything else for the first six months. She hated things that vibrate so I don't think she would have liked one that did.

BabyFruit Ticker

• We have the Snugabunny model and I'm not even sure if it vibrates ... I don't think so, but wouldn't have used it even if it did because neither of my babies really seemed to need it.

Mommy to three beautiful boys! 
    Benjamin Michael 5/17/10
    Lucas Gabriel 3/26/12
    Graham Jonathan 5/1/14

• Thanks ladies!
  • With DD#1 didn't have rock n play, but found other things that vibrated just made her poop. Ha. I got a rnp on amazon around christmas as some great deal that sold out in like 3 mins. it does vibrate. See if it is really needed though.
  • We had the original rock n play and vibrate wasn't available on it.  We loved it anyway, favorite piece of baby gear.  The new one we have, I'm not even sure if it vibrates.  It wouldn't have been a selling feature.  I mean if it has it great, if not great. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"