July 2014 Moms

I KNOW!

does anyone else keep getting reminded that they are pregnant?

I am at work and I yawn, my coworkers ask "what's wrong" I say "nothing, just tired" and they procreed to tell me my body is doing amazing things and I should be tired...no duh. I am 25 weeks and they are already trying to take some of my duties away to "lighten my load" which really who would complain right? ...but I have some time left and I dont want my co-workers doing all my extra stuff and hating me by the time I go out on leave.... 

Eveytime I go to pick some thing up, reach for something, do laundry, play with the dog, my husband throws out a "dont forget to take it easy, your pregnant" I KNOW! this little human is moving all around inside me, and I am aware! ugh. I am not doing anything dangerous, no ladders, no MMA or skydiving, I just want to wash my delicates without commentary!

It just gets to me. My mom tells me to relax and enjoy the extra attention and let people woo over me, but I am a person that is very used to doign things for herself and when I get the stink I from the husband for carrying too many groceries in at once, it makes me want to punch him.

Anyone else feeling this way?

imageimage

Re: I KNOW!

• I got annoyed this weekend when MIL made a fuss about someone helping me get out of the car. I do just fine exiting vehicles without assistance, thanks! Some people just want to treat pregnant women like we're made of glass.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • I'm the same way, but it may have come back to bite me in the ass yesterday. I was bending over to pick something up for grandpa, and everyone started with "don't you do it!", and then I felt a super sharp, shooting pain through my stomach, and straight up my vagina. I'm still very sore, and if I move to quickly, have a shooting pain again. Baby is still moving, so I'm not terribly concerned. Think I may call docs nurse just to be safe. Basically, my point is that I need to remember that I can't so EVERYTHING In the same manner that I did before. Ugh. I hate being treated like glass.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • DH is like that sometimes, but he is usually pretty good about not getting to involved. I know my limits and he knows this. Yesterday he reminded me not overwork myself while we were outside doing yard work, which to be honest I needed that reminder because I get so involved in what I'm doing I forget to pay attention to my body's signals sometimes.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband figures I'm adult enough to decide when I need help and don't and that I'll say something about it.  He also hears me ranting waaaaay too much so I think he knows to not say things randomly.

With other people, it doesn't come up a huge amount - I've had one person comment that I shouldn't pick up a dog to snuggle (she weighed about 40lbs), and since I work part-time with a wedding/event company, they worry that I'm going to lift something too heavy, or say I need to eat/take a break/etc.  Mostly though, I know that these folks are doing it because they want me safe/to take care of me, which I think is kind of sweet.  I'd probably find it obnoxious though, if it was every day.
  • alyssa719 said:

My husband figures I'm adult enough to decide when I need help and don't and that I'll say something about it.  He also hears me ranting waaaaay too much so I think he knows to not say things randomly.

With other people, it doesn't come up a huge amount - I've had one person comment that I shouldn't pick up a dog to snuggle (she weighed about 40lbs), and since I work part-time with a wedding/event company, they worry that I'm going to lift something too heavy, or say I need to eat/take a break/etc.  Mostly though, I know that these folks are doing it because they want me safe/to take care of me, which I think is kind of sweet.  I'd probably find it obnoxious though, if it was every day.

^ This. Everyone is SOOO worried all the day that I pick up my 25 lb pup and that I "really shouldn't do that" and should "stop promoting such behaviors". He weighs the same as a baby and I've had no issues with my pregnancy and I am very careful in how a pick him up. Ugh- sorry about the rant!!!
  • edited March 2014
    I totally had that attitude my first pregnancy. This is now my 3rd and I know good and well I'm fully capable of doing damn near anything but I just sit back, grin and milk it for what it's worth. They're going to do it anyway…

ETA: I must mention that I no longer work in a business environment. I'm home with my kids so I'm more so speaking of DH, family members, friends, etc. If I still worked, I'm sure it would still irritate me!
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image

• I feel like its the total opposite with me. People don't seem to mention my pregnancy much or ask me about it. Which is just fine with me. With DS, I got so tired of hearing about it all the time. Its like people recognize me as a competent person who can make my own decisions because its the second time around.  

The only time I even mention doing or not doing stuff because I'm pregnant is at home with DH. I am legitimately tired and I will rest when I want to without guilt. If I'm hungry for chips, I eat chips. I asked him to clean our shower (a stall type shower with glass doors) so I don't have to be in an enclosed space inhaling chemicals and he was fine with that. He cleans DS's poopy diapers (cloth) because the smell still makes me gag. He doesn't really get on my case about not doing certain things, except carrying DS around. He is getting heavy, but not because I'm pregnant, just because he is.

July 14 May Siggy Challenge: Cute Animals
    imagelambs photo: lambs lftsidemovies5.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got annoyed this weekend when MIL made a fuss about someone helping me get out of the car. I do just fine exiting vehicles without assistance, thanks! Some people just want to treat pregnant women like we're made of glass.
    This! My mother keeps treating me like I am going to break. It is really annoying.  
  • I get called out at work by the umpteen men I work with if I climb a set of stairs, since "the upstairs is now closed to you" what my lunch is and if I'm drinking Coca Cola (which is my 1 hardcore pregnancy craving)

I'm getting pretty sick of being scrutinized!!!! I make pregnancy look easy yo! Ya dig?

Also, women who smugly tell me that I better enjoy my husband doting on me THIS pregnancy, because he won't be like that during the second.....

Uh... my husband is a gem.  Don't tell me he won't treat me like the goddess I am for our second child! It insults him and therefore insults me! #grrrrrr

Ummm. I call bullshit on that. My husband is a total sweet heart and while yes, he doted on me during my first pregnancy, but if anything he is even MORE doting with this one, not less.

• My husband won't let me scrub out the shower with chemical cleaners and he also doesn't like me vacuuming. It's totally ridiculous and I told him I can do it but to be honest I don't miss vacuuming or scrubbing the shower at all.

This...but he doesn't do it himself. So I do it while he's at work. Then he grumbles at me. Forgive me for not wanting to shower in filth. And the fumes aren't anything crazy bad. I use dawn soap and vinegar. Boo-hoo
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • AMcLaws said:
    My husband won't let me scrub out the shower with chemical cleaners and he also doesn't like me vacuuming. It's totally ridiculous and I told him I can do it but to be honest I don't miss vacuuming or scrubbing the shower at all.
    This...but he doesn't do it himself. So I do it while he's at work. Then he grumbles at me. Forgive me for not wanting to shower in filth. And the fumes aren't anything crazy bad. I use dawn soap and vinegar. Boo-hoo
    My husband was like this at first but not anymore.... I wish this was my Dh. I would love to be able to tell him no I can still do that....pshhh. Seriously he told me yesterday "Your not that pregnant"  when I asked him to do something. I think daggers shot out of my eyes and acid spewed from my lips.
    image.
  • My ILs are definitely more conscious of how I'm feeling. I was at my ILs on Sunday and mentioned off hand I was hungry when we were watching tv and FIL made me food out of the blue. It was awesome. Can't say I minded. I also didn't have to do any of the lifting when we moved furniture this weekend.

DH only babies me if he thinks I'm not eating enough. I forgot to eat before we went grocery shopping ONE time like 3 months ago and almost passed out. So now he's always on me about eating and snacking and sometimes makes me text him my lunch to prove that I'm eating. He's kinda extreme with it but he's cute at the same time so it's hard to mind.
  • The work stuff I don’t mind too much, it is what it is..I am just feeling like I am already being replaced, but I know that is in my head.

My husband is the sweetest and most patient man on earth....but he has become hyper sensitive to everything I do, and especially what I eat. I get he's trying to be sweet, and lord help me he is now reading books....he just knows too much...lol...I don’t want to complain, because I know he is doing it to be sweet and involved, but it just erks me a little bit. Especially the food thing...I am a touch sensitive about my weight these days so anytime he questions my food I get a little sensitive :-)  It is just a little hard to adjust to the extra attention I guess.

P.S. this was only magnified last night when he felt the baby kick for the first time….I am surprised he hasn’t ordered a giant hamster ball for me to live in for the next 15+weeks…….

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"