Stay at Home Moms
Options

Do you celebrate April Fools?

I just came across this list of funny things to do to your kids on April Fool's day: https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/awesome-april-fools-day-pranks-your-kids-will-totally-fal#2672967 

We have never done anything for April Fool's day because it is also my birthday and I am a sore loser to jokes. But some of the above are really funny and I can't wait to do them to ds when he gets older. (like the carrots in the cheetos bag).

Do you do April Fool's?
Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do you celebrate April Fools?

• Options
    No, and I hate that day with every part of me.  I believe no one. NO ONE. So I always hope no one is actually telling the truth, because forget it... it's likely I won't believe it.   I mean, I think it can be fun for kids... and DD tries to get me, which is fine.  But I don't like when everyone else does (like adults).. I just don't like the day.

My DD's teacher's birthday is tomorrow. I would not like that.
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    auroraloo said:
    lol @ "celebrate"
    I knew it wasn't the right word to use but couldn't think of another one. lol

I am glad I am not the only one that doesn't like the day.  And now with the fake pregnancy announcements going around of FB it makes me stabby. How is that funny? HOW!? Stupid people.  
    Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ha! I think fake pregnancy announcements are distasteful, but I do love a good April Fools gag. One year when I was teaching, I gave a freshman class a fake pop quiz.....muahaha.

When I was a kid, my mom once made us chocolate cake and cool whip and made it look like meatloaf and mashed potatoes..that was pretty clever.

I have a couple ideas for DH this year, but we'll see....I might think they're funnier than they really are.... :-p
  • Options
  • Options
    I usually forget, but tomorrow I'm going to tell DH that, as crazy as it sounds, I agreed to adopt another cat from a friend who can't find a home for it. If he believes it he'll flip. Neither one of us can wait until we're finally a cat-free home so I don't know if he'll buy it.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options
    AimeeL85 said:
    I usually forget, but tomorrow I'm going to tell DH that, as crazy as it sounds, I agreed to adopt another cat from a friend who can't find a home for it. If he believes it he'll flip. Neither one of us can wait until we're finally a cat-free home so I don't know if he'll buy it.
    LOL! I'm planning on telling DH our neighbors were giving away puppies and I couldn't resist.....I'll text him a picture of a really cute puppy and everything. If I catch him at the right moment he might fall for it for like half a millisecond.... :-P
  • Options
    AimeeL85 said:

Oooooh, I might have to steal this one!

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• Options
    It is DS1's Bday so we don't pull tricks. Although, as he gets older, it may be fun to trick him.
  • Options
    Happy birthday, lil Huffman!

This morning I caught L picking up the vent grate and trying to put N's shoe down it....his own April Fools joke perhaps? :-p
  • Options
    I surprised DH with this this morning.

Grant - 6/2/11

• Options
    Nope, we don't do anything. In fact, I forget it exists entirely. Haven't heard mention of it since early elementary school. 
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hav=Fath said:
    I surprised DH with this this morning.
    That is horrible and twisted. And scary! What did he say?

I was hoping he'd get to them before all the kids were up for the morning (it kind of loses some impact when they're all sitting at the table across the room, lol) but he was unpleasantly surprised anyway :). His exact words were "what the fuck?!? That's terrible!" But he had already seen the head-in-jar gag a few times on Reddit too.

Grant - 6/2/11

• Options
    I did do the puppy prank....he totally fell for it.....came back w/ all these questions ("how old is the dog? why is the neighbor giving him away? are all the shots up to date?" etc) Then he said "I might have said yes"....lol, I mean how can you say no to this little guy??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"