Trouble TTC
Options

Intro

Hello I am new around these parts and wanted to say hello.
Me and my mister have been married 12 years (together 17), beause of his illness he has zero motiltiy so we are doing donor IUI. We have done 4 rounds since December, the last one was my first BFP, miscaried a week later. 
I was acutally doing ok most of this week but not as much today. Not even sure why.
I know alot of people don't consider our case to be an infertilty issue because all the tests say I am fine it is just strictly MFI so if it would be better for me to go I would understand. 
I was wondering how often in an unmedicated cycle do you go into your clnic for montoring? My clnic set my first ultrasound and blood work for 3 days before my normal O day, just seems a little weird to me.

Thank you. 

me 33- everything looks good
mister 34- PCD zero motilty 
TTC#1 using donor sperm
IUI#1 Dec 2nd-BFN
IUI# Dec 28th-BFN
IUI#3 Jan 26th-BFN
IUI#4  Feb 26th-BFP
mc March 2014
IUI#5 April 6th prometrium-BFN
IUI #6 cancled ovulated too early
IVF# 1 July
ER: Aug 3rd: 18R 15M 14F
10 embryos frozen
ET: Oct. 7th 1x5BA blast-BFN
ET: Jan 9th 1x3AA blast- Beta 1/21

imageimageimageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Intro

• Options
    Hi Tifga,  I want to start by saying I am very sorry for your loss.  IF is a stuggle.  Sometimes we have good days and sometimes we have bad days. I think that intro'ing on Trouble TTC was a good move.  This board is full of supportive, encouraging, understanding women.  When you're having a bad day (like today), you can come here and you'll get a ton of support.  A good number of women on TTTC have MFI issues.  You're not alone.  

I cannot offer any answers on monitoring for an unmedicated cycle.  I just had my first medicated cycle.  I'm guessing someone else will stop in here and be able to give you their experience on an unmedicated cycle.  

Again, I'm really sorry for your loss. Please remember that we're all here to support each other and when you need help, we're here.  

Candace
    Married on October 20, 2012.  Began trying in January 2013.
    RE appointment & testing December 2013 - February 2014= Unexplained IF, possible endometriosis
    IUI#1- March 22 (100mg clomid, 75 mg of Bravelle, Ovidrel trigger) = BFP!!!

• Options
    I say you belong here! I'm very sorry for your loss and for your DH's diagnosis. Just because you are apparently physically "fine" doesn't mean you and DH don't feel the pain of IF and this is a great place to get support when dealing with that pain. Welcome. As for your question, I had to request US monitoring from my RE for an unmedicated cycle (we are MFI and they wanted me to just call to schedule IUI as soon as I got a positive OPK.) Last time I asked for US and they had me come in on CD12. The RE thought we'd be able to plan a trigger shot around then, but my ovaries weren't cooperating so I was supposed to go in again a couple days later, but I ended up canceling the cycle due to work conflicts. I'm sure others will chime in, but your US timing sounds about right, not sure about the bloodwork though.
    2.5 years TTC with MFI, 3 failed IUIs 
    IVF w/ICSI October 2014: 17R, 13M, 12F 4 Frosties
    ET of two blasts 11/2/14 BFP!!! It's TWINS! EDD 7/21/15

imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome. I'm new here, too. You chose a good place to seek support. Everyone here is very helpful and understands (to a degree) what you're going through. I have no advice on unmedicated cycles (I'm currently doing medicated), but wanted to welcome you nonetheless. :)
    Me: 31 DH: 43 Married May 2010 TTC Since Jan 2013 Abnormally irregular and long cycles 35-60 days First RE Appointment Feb 2014 All basic tests normal March 2014: Clomid 50 mg - responded with one mature follicle
  • Options
    Welcome and I'm sorry for your loss. I only had 1 up medicated IUI and had no monitoring, just went in the day after my positive OPK. It can be tricky to get the timing down with unmediated cycles since ovulation is not controlled and washed sperm only live about 6-12 hours. We are also MFI and my RE recommended at least doing low dose meds and trigger (HCG shot) to have IUI well timed with ovulation. But I'm sure that with your donor sperm, the sample is probably pretty good and your chances are good as long as you are ovulating in the window where the washed sperm are still viable. Good luck with your cycle!

********Siggy/Ticker Warning***********

Me (35) no known issues DH (37) MFI. TTC 21 months (24 cycles)
    Dx MFI with low to normal count, low motility, morphology 3%
    HSG normal, ultrasound and labs on me all normal. 

1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and TI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and IUI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    Started seeing an RE!!
    2 more cycles of clomid 50mg (great response), with IUI and Pregnyl trigger (4.8-8 mil good ones after wash) = all BFN
    1 cycle of clomid 50mg (3-7) followed by Follistim 75iu (7-11) + IUI = BFN
    December 2013 DH saw urologist and is taking Anastrozole, CoQ10, and L-Carnitine
    IUI #5 natural cycle (needed a med break) = BFN
    IUI #6 Follistim 75iu (CD3-10) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI (final count after wash 300K) = BFN
    IUI #7 Follistim 75iu (CD3-9) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI on 2/20 (post wash count 12.5 million)= BFN
    IUI cancelled (DH OOT) Clomid 50mg (CD3-7) 1 follicle +(not well timed) TI = BFN
    IUI #8 and last one!! Clomid 100mg (CD3-7) +OPK before US + IUI 4/17 (post wash 8.5 mil)= BFN

Pre-IVF testing complete! SHG great and measurements taken! Labs for infectious diseases completed, FSH (5.4), TSH (1.6), Prolactin (11), AMH (2.6), Estradiol (40).

Started BCP 5/29 and Lupron 6/11 prep for IVF #1! Started follistim 225u/day on 6/28. Monitoring on 7/2 >15 follicles measuring 11-14, E2 758. Monitoring on 7/5 all ready to go!! Great follicle sizes and lining is at 9. Tigger 7/5, ER 7/7 16R 9M 3F. Stimmed too fast in just 7 days. 7/10 3dt of 2 8-cell grade 2 & 4. 7/14 P4 >60.
    Holy crap BFP!!!
    Beta #1 (14dpo) 7/21 112 Beta #2 (16dpo) 7/23 286 a Beta #3 (18dpo) 7/25 761 Beta #4 (21dpo) 2631!!! Hold on tight little embies!!
      First Ultrasound 8/7- 1 perfect little bean with a beating heart 117bpm!! EDD 3/30.
    Second ultrasound 9/2 Little bean measuring a few days ahead with a heart rate of 161!

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

Pregnancy Ticker

March 15 Siggy Challenge: You had one job

• Options
    I think MFI is still considered IF.

You are most definitely welcome here, although I am sorry that you find yourself here! I have no advice about the RE though. 

Hope your stay is short and sweet. Good luck and baby dust to you. 
    ***Trigger Warning: Living and loss mentioned***

First TTC Journey: 

- Failed attempts at clomid with OB
    - HSG with OB, nothing found
    - Met with RE. Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy done on 08/04/2014. Results: Hymenal stenosis, minimal endometriosis, and PCOS
    BFP #1: 11/26/2014, IT'S A BOY!
  • Options
    tifgatifga member

Thank you for all the kind thoughts, nice to not feel crazy for once.

We called the clinic over the weekend because I had been spotting a lot and this is when they decided to mention that the week long hellish bleeding may not have been my period and I could still be early in my cycle. Would have been nice of them to mention this possibility earlier. 

Ultrasound and blood work tomorrow morning to see where I am.

me 33- everything looks good
    mister 34- PCD zero motilty 
    TTC#1 using donor sperm
    IUI#1 Dec 2nd-BFN
    IUI# Dec 28th-BFN
    IUI#3 Jan 26th-BFN
    IUI#4  Feb 26th-BFP
    mc March 2014
    IUI#5 April 6th prometrium-BFN
    IUI #6 cancled ovulated too early
    IVF# 1 July
    ER: Aug 3rd: 18R 15M 14F
    10 embryos frozen
    ET: Oct. 7th 1x5BA blast-BFN
    ET: Jan 9th 1x3AA blast- Beta 1/21

imageimageimageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Sorry you are TTTC, but...whatever the causes (known or unknown) of infertility, it affects all of us here, so welcome!!!

January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    Welcome, there are so many awesome ladies here to offer support.   I'm so sorry for all you've been through!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"