TTC after 35

Re-intro (dd and loss mentioned)

edited March 2014 in TTC after 35
Hello, Ladies! 

Wow, things have changed! New format, new faces. A couple I remember from my last stint on this board. 

I'm Daniele, I live in Maine but am originally from CT. I was on this board for 15 months while TTC my dd who is now 10 months old. I had one loss in the process, but am hopeful that this next attempt will be easier and won't include a loss or require any visits to the RE (both times I had appointments, I got a BFP that morning). I *just* got Aunt Flo a couple weeks ago finally, so we're trying for number 2 while we know my uterus and ovaries may still be working. 

Nobody understands the crazy that goes hand-in-hand with TTC > 35 like other women in the same boat, so of course I'm back. 

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
        -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
<br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

Re: Re-intro (dd and loss mentioned)

• BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
    edited March 2014
    Well hello there stranger!! I was always wondering how you were doing! Welcome back and good luck to you :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, Becky! I'm sorry to see you still here and not on the PG > 35 board, but I am sending you all the positive juju for your April transfer! So exciting and April is almost here! 

When do you find out about your transfer date?
    *********************************************************************************************

-- Abraham Lincoln

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >

• And why does my siggy not delete? I keep trying and it isn't working! 

-- Abraham Lincoln

• Thanks, JimBobCooter! And I love your Grizzly Adams pic-- brings back memories of childhood. :-)

-- Abraham Lincoln

• As of now end of April :) Did you ever put any pics of LO or no?

Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• I didn't post any pics of Eleanor because I don't want anyone feeling bad that I got lucky. I remember how hard that was-- and I wasn't trying for nearly as long as some women here...

-- Abraham Lincoln

• And seriously?!? I have tried EVERYTHING to change my signature-- the quote, the info, the effing ticker-- and NOTHING is working. 

-- Abraham Lincoln

• BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
    edited March 2014
    No help on the siggy thing. Ugh...maybe someone will help you on that. I would love to see a pic of Eleanor!! Others have...just put a warning sign next to my name lol or send me a pm. I had Mayzie do that :) I love seeing all the babies from our board...

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• ***siggy warning****

I too would LOVE to know how to delete the stupid ticker. I cannot figure it out and I feel like I've tried everything. Baby is NOT the size of a jackfruit. She is the size of a 19-month old. A big 19-month-old at that. Of course, I come on here so rarely now that even if there is an answer to this, I might miss it. :-(

::waves at Becky:: -- very excited for your upcoming transfer! DE remains the best choice I/we ever made. DD is very, very much mine....and we are so deeply bonded. I saw your post about fears/age earlier tonight, and want to say that DH and I share them; I'm 42 now, so you have a few extra years on me, but the fear is the same. Plus I hurt my back during a post-pregnancy Jillian Michaels workout and have now suffered from chronic hip/glute pain for a year; it's sort of become manageable thanks to PT but honestly, sometimes it *is* hard to deal with diaper-changing/kneeling/sitting on the floor/etc. And twisting to use the car seat is hellish. So, yeah, there's all that. But it is all worth it. Fingers crossed for you!
    me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 
  • @lhcooper thank you! I can't believe she will be almost 2 soon!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• I, too, have a difficult time carrying my 19.5 pound 10 month old around. Especially with my bad back/neck. My right shoulder is totally tweaked but she is worth every visit to the osteopath! 

Let me see if I can post a photo or at least send a PM. (It's been so long since I've been on the bump that I don't remember much of how to handle photos.)

-- Abraham Lincoln

• edited March 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I did all that. When I go there, it shows me the new sig I entered (no ticker, different quote, updated info, etc). That's the problem-- it's not recognizing the new signature in my posts. 

-- Abraham Lincoln

• Hi @DanieleandWayne! I am a semi-newbie. I've been hanging around for a couple months. I'm waiting on AF, so I've just been monitoring my CM and temping, FWIW. May I ask how you convinced AF to return? ;-)

I hope that your stay on the board is much shorter than your first. Have a good week.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Welcome again:) good luck!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • @danieleandwayne‌ - welcome back! I am a newbie on the board. Lurked for a while and became a member about a month ago. Hope your second stay here is short & sweet!
    Me: 38     DH: 36
    Married: July 21, 2013
    TTC#1 (between us): June/July 2013

DX: MFI (low count and motility)
    Charting/OPK/CBFM July 2013-present
    1st RE Visit: January 2014
    Cycling: 
    March 2014- 75iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFN and OHSS
    (8 million post wash 47% motility, 18mm/17mm/16mm/16mm/14mm follies)
    April/May 2014- Benched due to cysts/enlarged ovaries
    June 2014- 50iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFP!!
    (10 million post wash 60% motility, 20mm/19mm follies)
    Beta 1- 85 Beta 2- 2,752 - EDD 2/27/2015

Everyone welcome. Strength in numbers!

• Welcome back! hope your stay is a short one! 
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Thanks, Ladies!

URMySunshine77, I started to try and cut down on my nursing schedule with dd. Encouraging her to eat more, drink water in between feedings, etc. And then crossed my fingers, toes, and eyes that AF would show up! Only time in my life that I wanted AF to come sooner rather than later and she of course only somewhat obliged! 

-- Abraham Lincoln

• Mrs.McIrishMrs.McIrish member
    edited March 2014
    Welcome back:-) As for the signature: the old way doesn't work. Don't go under "my bump" anymore. The top right hand corner under Community. There's a profile of a person's head. Click on it. Click on preferences. The page will change. Go to signature settings. Erase whatever is there and start over. Make sure you save it. HTH.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Wahoo! Thank you! It worked (obviously)! 

-- Abraham Lincoln

• Thanks, Ladies!

URMySunshine77, I started to try and cut down on my nursing schedule with dd. Encouraging her to eat more, drink water in between feedings, etc. And then crossed my fingers, toes, and eyes that AF would show up! Only time in my life that I wanted AF to come sooner rather than later and she of course only somewhat obliged! 

Haha. I know the feeling. :-) I have been feeding DS foods as though I were Hansel and Gretel's witch.

If I might ask, did it return before or after weaning? I've been having some EWCM here and there, but I don't think that I've ovulated.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Davie813Davie813 member
    edited March 2014
    Welcome back!  Hope things go quickly and easily this time around!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• welcome back! So happy to hear your LO is 10 months! I can't believe it, you moved to pg>35 shortly after I joined TB. Hope this one goes much quicker for you!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Welcome back! I hope it goes more quickly for you this time. Hmm. I wonder if making a RE appt is reasonable TTC strategy for you :-)
  • I think you were the first person to call me out on my BFP based on my chart!  :)  Welcome back and glad to hear you were successful shortly after I left.  I'm done now, but still check this place every once in a while and was happy to see your name!  I always appreciated your humor!  Good Luck and may your stay be short. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh it is so nice to hear from some of the other alums!  

URMySunshine77, DD is still nursing-- morning, night, and briefly during the day (those are short sessions, maybe 2-3 minutes). I started DD on solids at 4 months and AF returned when DD was about 9.5 months old. This is my first cycle since AF arrived about 3 weeks ago. I'm not *entirely* sure I ovulated because my sleep hasn't been consistent so neither are my temps. For a little while, I was worried that maybe nursing was putting me into early menopause. I don't even know if that can happen, but the fear was there. Welcome, cupful of crazy! LOL

Only time will tell I guess. 

-- Abraham Lincoln

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"