November 2014 Moms
Options

Dr. booked until I'm almost 11 weeks!

Deedle123Deedle123 member
edited March 2014 in November 2014 Moms
Just curious if anyone else is dealing with this? 
My dr. is "booked" and on vacation so I can't be seen until I'm 1 day shy of being 11 weeks. This just seems nuts! I saw my old Dr. when I was prego w/ my daughter at 6 weeks. 
I'm torn between waiting or finding another provider. 

Re: Dr. booked until I'm almost 11 weeks!

• Options
    I'm sure after the first one they will book you far out then you won't have that problem.  If you like him I would stay.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    I'm not seeing my doctor until 12 weeks.
    Married 2009.
    2012-2014 charting and temping... BFP 3/4/2014 EDD: 11/10/14
    Baby boy 2 November 2014!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Stop panicking. This is extremely normal, especially if you have already had a healthy pregnancy. 

Formerly Aaren91011
    Trying for baby #1 since July 2013  -  DX: PCOS
    BFP: 2/27/14 - EDD 11/11/14 - MMC 4/21/14 @ 11w (stopped growing @ 9w)
    TTA until January
  • Options
    Ita with all the above. It's super normal. On average, women don't go until 8-12 weeks. If you like the doc, I don't see any reason to change. Unless there is a problem or concern, there's really no need to go in very early.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFetus Ticker  
    Ashley, DH: Paul
    Angel Baby: March 09
    #1-BFP: 11.17.09~EDD: 7.21.10~Tristan born 7.13.10 via unnecessary c-sec
    #2-BFP: 3.17.14~EDD: 11.28.14~ It's A Girl!~Shooting for a VBAC
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Is this a single DR practice? My office has 4 doctors and I have never had trouble getting an appointment. I would be concerned if the Dr has no backup. I wouldn't switch right away, but if I had trouble booking future appointments then I would look around at other DRs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    atokatok member
    Normal. My dr won't see me until 10 weeks nbd
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Totally normal. I will have my first visit around the same time. 8-10 weeks is the norm. I am surprised at all the ladies that are going so early.

• Options
    Mine is just shy of 12 weeks. It is completely normal. She is also our GP; so, I snuck a conversation in at DD's appointment last week. She said to call if anything was abnormal and I could be seen earlier.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    surprised she saw you at 6 weeks. My appointment isn't until 11 1/2 weeks.
  • Options
    My sisters ob is like that. My ob will see you the day you get a positive test.
  • Options
    Normal, my first apt isn't until I'm 10.5 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine's not til 10 1/2 weeks too.  The waiting is the hardest...

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage 
  • Options
    I called my obgyn's office with a question today, and the nurse told me that they usually don't see people until they are 8-10 weeks along. So it's not that far off.

BFP #1 3/19/14 • EDD 11/26/14 • MC 4/26/14 at 9w3d • BFP #2 10/10/14 • EDD 6/20/15

• Options
    I didn't see my midwife until 12w with my first two babies. This time I'll be 11w. Its nbd.
    Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I called and I am only 6 weeks today...they scheduled me for April 9th...so like 7.5 weeks...I thought that was abnormally soon and asked and the nurse said that was normal...so I guess it depends on each practice/situation.
    Proud mama to:

*Jadeyn Rose 05/03/2005
    *Jordi Irene 05/08/2013
    *Baby P     EDD 11/24/2014
  • Options
    I go Wednesday and I will be exactly 9 weeks.
    imageimage BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The same thing happened to me, my doctor is out for spring break with her kids, I will be 11 weeks 3 days at my first appointment. At first I wasn't thrilled I had to wait so long then I remembered how much it sucks to go to the doctor every two weeks and I was OK with it.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mine is at 8 weeks. When I called in I wasn't even asked the first day of my LMP or how far along I might be. They just scheduled me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"