Natural Birth

I'm being induced tonight and I'm terrified

Hi everyone,
For a few reasons my OB decided I need to be admitted and induced tonight. My due date is Monday. I'm so terrified, but I'd like to still do it without pain meds. They're going to start with the gel to soften my cervix. I'm dilated at 2 and about 60% effaced. Does anyone have any words of wisdom or inspiration for me? I really need it right now! Thanks!

BabyFruit TickerAnniversary

Re: I'm being induced tonight and I'm terrified

• Just try to relax.  Walk around as much as possible.  Ask if they have a birthing ball available.  Hope everything is going ok.  
  • Stay calm and stay positive. Have your support person remind you that you can and are doing it. There are many women on this board who were stall able to go natural even through they were induced. You can do it and you will do an amazing job!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you! I'm trying! Only 3 centimeters at this pojnt and I'm not progressing very fast.

• I had pitocin and no issues with having a pain-med free birth. It's def possible! Just stay calm and don't psych yourself out! Work with whatever is thrown at you!
  • Can't wait to hear an update on how it went
    BFP 5/22/12, MC 6/6/12 (cp) BFP 10/16/13, EDD June 28, 2014 - baby J arrived 6/19/14! ** #2-- BFP 12/5/15, EDD August 17, 2016 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker ***************************** Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks everyone. I am so blessed with my new addition, Ashley. She's beautiful and I love her so much! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it the whole time without pain relief :(
    Last time I was checked, I was 5 cm and I didn't let them near me again. They said that I had the odds against me. I hadn't slept in almost 48 hours, my doctor gave me a high level of pitocin because she wanted me to deliver ASAP due to my blood pressure continuing to increase (main reason for my induction) and once my water broke, my contractions got even worse. I really thought I could have made it and I went for several hours, but I feel my body just gave out. My blood pressure was going up, I was seeing stars and was having problems staying upright, which also interfered in my available positions. I am really disappointed that I couldn't go the whole time without pain relief, but I'm so glad to have my healthy baby here (along with my health). They're keeping me here for an extra few days longer due to my blood pressure being so high.

• Congrats! Do not be disappointed with yourself. You did a great job, especially when you were induced and having your blood pressure rise. You made the best decision given your circumstances.
    I hope you are enjoying your new baby girl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"