Nurseries and Baby Gear

Bottles for non BF

lightningrodlightningrod member
edited March 2014 in Nurseries and Baby Gear
I have looked on babygear, cs reviews and other research and it appears to me Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Added Comfort seems like a great bottle as it appears to help assist the baby in being less gassy and hope prevent colicie. My wife likes the Chicco® NaturalFit™ 3 Stage Feeding System Gift Set Any thonughts?

Re: Bottles for non BF

• amiefamief member
    I say get 1 or two bottles of a couple of different kinds and see what the baby likes.   My first choice would be something simple with as few parts as possible.  If the baby likes it, and doesn't get to gassy from it... then lucky you, you have fewer parts to wash/store/keep track of.  You can always move to the more complicated bottles if you need them, but many babies don't.  We just use the basic medela bottles.  I went with these because I was breastfeeding at first and they worked with my pump.  I use the Dr. Brown's nipples instead though, DS doesn't care for the medela nipples.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My three kids loved the Avent bottles.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Get different ones. Took us three kinds before LO would even use one. Turned out my kid liked a simple bottle, so Medela was best for us. I would not guy a big set of bottles until you know which ones work.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• if you have friends with kids that are aging out of bottles, you might be able to get a few of their kids. Change out the nipples for new ones and or sterialize em.

Agree about starting with bottles that require the fewest parts. Makes life much easier.

Also, it seems like every single bottle manufacturer touts their bottles as reducing colic.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • if you have friends with kids that are aging out of bottles, you might be able to get a few of their kids. Change out the nipples for new ones and or sterialize em. Agree about starting with bottles that require the fewest parts. Makes life much easier. Also, it seems like every single bottle manufacturer touts their bottles as reducing colic.
    Yes this.  It's a marketing scheme.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • I agree with everyone. We started with Avent Natural because I got a few for free and they were simple with not a lot of parts and he took right to them. Glad I am not cleaning a ton of parts with Dr Browns or something similar. 
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree it must be a marketing gimmick. There are a ton of bottles on the market that Babygear and CR reviewed that is what I was basing the decision off of. My wife still thinks we need bottle warmer but we aren't buying a sterilizer for the bottles.
  • We use tommee tippee, but ds has also been fine with playtex and nuk. I agree with don't over commit on bottles in case you get a finicky baby.
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • I had an uber-picky baby. Started out with Tommee Tippee. Terrible gas. Moved to Avent. Less gassy but still pretty bad. Got a free Similac bottle. Hot diggity! We have a winner! So the moral of the story is that until the kiddo gets here, you have no idea what will work. And seriously, the bottle warmer and sterilizer were the dumbest buys we made. Serve formula at room temp. You will be much, much happier and less tired!
  • We have avent natural, tommee tippee and dr. Brown, DD will drink from any. but DH likes the dr brown for conveenience if holding the bottle, but it seems that she does best with avent. Like PP said, keep an eye out for freebie bottle samples - babies r us has a free dr brown Easter themed bottle, I believe it's free with $10 coupon (while supplies last)
  • don't stock up bc some babies prefer one over another. I hated the Nuk bottles, so we randomly picked up the Avent ones and they worked just fine. I didn't want to be washing all the extra parts that come w some brands. DD used playtex ones at my mom's place w no problems. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"