Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Stuck in limbo!!

So the last few days I haven't been able to get on here from being literally exhausted! My body appears to be stuck in limbo from the chemical pregnancy. This is now the 4th day that my body can't seem to make up it's mind to have a "normal" AF or not. At this point it feel like my hormones are in overdrive making me have PMS to the extreme. My mom recommended using progesterone cream which I'll try anything to help at this point. Has anyone else used this at all? Or any suggestions on what else I could use or do to get things normal again?

Re: Stuck in limbo!!

• Options
    Lynzdice21Lynzdice21 member
    edited March 2014
    I am very sorry for your loss. Please speak with your doctor before trying anything, for your own safety. 

Edit: Words are hard in the AM

Married 10-5-12 | TTC#1 10-5-13 | BFP 4-5-14 | Due 12-12-14
    First u/s 4-21-14, Baby G has a heartbeat! 112BPM
    Second u/s 5-1-14 140BPM | Third u/s 5-3-14 168BPM

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss.  I wouldn't try anything unless you speak with a medical professional.  Doing something that's not prescribed could hurt you in the long run. 

Rainbow Baby! BFP 02/20/2018 EDD 11/01/2018
    BFP 10/31/2017 EDD 07/09/2018 Miscarriage 11/28/2017
    DD # 1: BFP 5/22/2014  EDD 1/30/2015 Born 02/06/2015
    DS # 1: BFP 7/18/2000 EDD 3/27/2001 Born 4/1/01
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks I will :) Since it's one available over the counter I wasn't sure if still something that needs keeping an eye on by a doctor.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss...

I'd definitely at least call the doc's office and see what their advice is on taking anything like that! Good luck!
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10 (born August 2004)
    Married 03/01/14
    TTC#2
    BFP: 05/17/2014 EDD: 1/25/15 MMC: 06/30/2014
    BFP: 01/31/15 MMC: 02/25/15 

• Options
    I am also confused.  If you aren't having a full period, how are you sure its is a CP and not just some bleeding in early pregnancy? 
  • Options
    I had blood work done to check my levels on 2 different days to see if they were rising, which they were not. Doctor confirmed chemical pregnancy. I have started to bleed, but it goes from spotting to getting heavier like it doesn't know what it's doing.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I had a chemical pregnancy followed by a miscarriage. I feel like I've had PMS for the past 3 months straight from the roller coaster of hormones.

My advice is to give it some time for your body to figure it out. It sucks being in limbo, but I wouldn't take anything not suggested by your doctor. Most of the time your body will figure it out, especially this early on.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @LuckyPenny1231‌ What you described is pretty much what I feel like. A hormonal roller coaster.

I have the bad habit of trying to rush things:( But everyone's right, I probably need to give my body a chance to work through it. Thanks for all the responses :)
  • Options
    katie0919katie0919 member
    edited March 2014
    I, too had a chemical pregnancy this month (last week). I had positive tests and blood work, followed by a negative test and started bleeding. It took about 2.5 days to start a "normal" AF...it's CD 6 and I'm still bleeding, which is unusual for me. I think things just get wonky after a CP. My docs office told me to expect a period in 2-4 weeks...I am not sure if they meant in addition to the bleeding post CP or what. But, I would just hang in there and call your doc if things are still weird and you're concerned.

EDIT: I'm so sorry for your loss. :( It sucks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• Options

Myamia91 said:
    I had blood work done to check my levels on 2 different days to see if they were rising, which they were not. Doctor confirmed chemical pregnancy. I have started to bleed, but it goes from spotting to getting heavier like it doesn't know what it's doing.
    Things can be really wonky after a loss, give it time.

I'm sorry for your loss. @wickedsugar is wise. One of many sucky things about this is that no one can tell you what is normal for you, it's going to be what your body does. I can offer the experience that with my CPs I spotted for a few days before they were confirmed and then would start bleeding more heavily and it would back off and then I would bleed again. My normal periods are 4-5 days, but my CPs lasted, including heavy spotting, probably 7-10.

I definitely know what it's like to be impatient, but don't take anything without your doc's OK, it could end up making it harder later on.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Myamia91 said:
    This sounds exactly like what just happened to me a couple weeks ago, sorry you're going through this.  I was on progesterone immediately following my IUIs and when the second blood test came back showing it wasn't progressing, they told me to stop using the  progesterone, so I can't imagine it would be a good idea for you to use it at this point.  I also agree with others who said not to use it without consulting your doctor first.  Sorry again for what you're going through :(
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Chaste berry extract does wonders for me every time... Look up some info on it :). It's herbal so ask the doc about it first though. :)
    Or if you like I could attach a website ?
    Beatrice- bfp September 16 2013, born February 1 2014 died later same day.
  • Options
    It seems waiting for this to work itself out is the only choice there really is. I just have to realize this is one of those things that doesn't have a quick fix for. Hopefully it will get squared away in enough time to TTC atleast another couple of times before DH deploys soon :( Thanks ladies for sharing your experience and advice with me!
  • Options

Yasm33na said:

Chaste berry extract does wonders for me every time... Look up some info on it :). It's herbal so ask the doc about it first though. :)
    Or if you like I could attach a website ?

No
    O.o why not?
    Beatrice- bfp September 16 2013, born February 1 2014 died later same day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"