August 2013 Moms

Baby eagle Web site (for those with older kids?)

I didn't know if there are any moms who have heard of this, but there's a Web site where you can watch a pair of eagles in Decorah, IA, raising their little eaglets. The eggs are expected to hatch this week, so I thought I'd share this in case you have older kids who might think it's cool. It's a fun activity to check in with the site every few days to see the babies hatching, growing, being fed, etc.

https://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles/pop-out

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby eagle Web site (for those with older kids?)

• edited March 2014
    I'm a geek and look at the Smithsonian's National Zoo's webcams all the time. :) I love me some animals.

eta: That eagle is AMAZING! :) 

• edited March 2014
    One just hatched!!! :)

So freaking exciting. Haha. I just happened to look at the right time. :) 

edit: Waaiiit. Did they already hatch? There's young ones in the nest now. I have no sound, so I'm not sure if there is any narration or anything. 

• Loading the player...
  • Older kids not needed for me to want to get in in this!
  • Oooooh, yay! They were all still eggs when I last looked on Friday. When I checked this morning, the live feed was of the mom sitting quietly in her nest, plucking at some twigs and stuff. I couldn't tell what was underneath her.

I just checked a minute ago, and the camera is offline (so they play some videos that were recorded in the past). I don't know if it's because they're doing maintenance or something, but I'll check back later.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So I think that the baby I saw yesterday was just a video. 

I've been watching the stream this morning and the eagles just switched (mom/dad) sitting on the nest and none are hatched. It was amazing to see them switch sitting on the eggs though :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"