TTC After a Loss
Options

AW: What I found in my bed this morning (or, TTCAL problems)

HeyMrsPotterHeyMrsPotter member
edited March 2014 in TTC After a Loss
This morning I moved my pillow to get the dog to wake up (yes, he sleeps in the bed), and guess what rolled out from the bunched up bedding? It was a progesterone suppository capsule.  Thank god the dog wasn't actually on it, so it didn't melt. It was just a little bit misshapen.

How did this get here? Does this mean I missed a dose? 

I'm supposed to use them at bedtime and also 10 min before I get out of bed in the morning. My best guess is that at some point in the past 4 days (when I last changed the sheets), I must have taken one out of the bottle on my night stand and then drifted off or back to sleep before inserting it. Pretty sure this didn't happen today or yesterday because I distinctly remember taking my doses then. So, my RE says there's nothing I should do about it at this point. All I can do is wonder and hope I didn't do any harm with the potentially missed dose. 

Since starting to TTCAL, I've often woken up with my thermometer in my hand or under my pillow. No big deal. But waking up with unused, and potentially messy, meds rolling around in my sheets? This is really not OK!

Re: AW: What I found in my bed this morning (or, TTCAL problems)

• Options
    I just LOL out loud at work!!!

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Options
    Ugh! Not fun... I'm sorry... I feel like your RE's response was a little unfair.  Hoping that your brain will be able to stay sane despite the potential missed dose.  Maybe somehow you grabbed two and only insert one.  

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    Hashimoto's diagnosis 11/2011 / Endometriosis removal surgery 04/2013
    Other diagnosis: 1 mutation - PAI-1 gene
    BFP#1 9/27/2013  /  EDD 6/4/14  /  MC 10/17/2013
    BFP#2 3/4/14  /  EDD 11/13/14  /  CP
    BFP#3 6/7/14  / EDD 2/16/15  /  CP
    BFP #4 11/7/2014 / EDD 7/17/15  /  CP
    Current  Plan: Waiting to change RE... Appt on 1/16
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have done this before!! 

Usually I know the second I pee in the morning.  If there is no gunk in the toilet, it means I fell asleep before inserting.  This is my fail-safe to ensure I don't miss a dose.

BFP#1 - M/C on 12/23/13
    ~*~*~December 2014 PGaL ~*~*~
    Rainbow baby born on 12/19/2014

• Options
    I'm sorry that this happened.  I've questioned myself too on whether or not I took medication, or put in my Progesterone.  It just sucks!  I'm sure one dose is going to be OK though.  I have everything crossed for you!
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • Options
    Ugh! Not fun... I'm sorry... I feel like your RE's response was a little unfair.  Hoping that your brain will be able to stay sane despite the potential missed dose.  Maybe somehow you grabbed two and only insert one.  
    Oh, my RE didn't say the part about "All I can do is wonder..." That's my added thought. They just  said that if I did miss a dose it was likely early enough in the 2WW to not have much effect. I am hoping you're right, that maybe I just forgot about taking this one out of the bottle and that I did still insert one. 

I'm trying not to worry too much. I haven't had any bleeding or anything to make me think that AF is coming due to not enough progesterone. So that's good, I guess. 
  • Options

I have done this before!! 

Usually I know the second I pee in the morning.  If there is no gunk in the toilet, it means I fell asleep before inserting.  This is my fail-safe to ensure I don't miss a dose.

I'm glad you mentioned this! The mess has definitely been present all week. I would have noticed if it wasn't. So I can probably assume I didn't miss it. 
  • Options
    Ok.  I feel  a little better then :-)  I wanted to TP your RE if that was the case for causing you to worry.  It seems like it would be early enough in the 2WW to me.  Take a deep breath.  FX for you.

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    Hashimoto's diagnosis 11/2011 / Endometriosis removal surgery 04/2013
    Other diagnosis: 1 mutation - PAI-1 gene
    BFP#1 9/27/2013  /  EDD 6/4/14  /  MC 10/17/2013
    BFP#2 3/4/14  /  EDD 11/13/14  /  CP
    BFP#3 6/7/14  / EDD 2/16/15  /  CP
    BFP #4 11/7/2014 / EDD 7/17/15  /  CP
    Current  Plan: Waiting to change RE... Appt on 1/16
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

• Options
    Birch113 said:
    You poor thing! Is there any way for you to count back based on how many are left to know if that one was an extra? ((Hugs))
    That's an idea, too. I've had the bottle for a few months, so it'd take some figuring, but it might give me extra peace of mind. Thanks!
  • Options
    (((hugs))) and I'm sorry you are worrying.  My first thought was in line with your REs - it was so early in your 2WW that it should not cause a problem, and, more importantly, you already continued with your normal dosing.  Trust your RE on this one :)

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had no idea that progesterone was taken in suppository form. I'm glad you found it before it melted, and that your dog didn't try to eat it. 
    DH diagnosed with testicular cancer 6/04/10
    Married DH 8/1/11
    7/21/13 SA poor morphology/ low count
    BFP #1 11/18/13, EDD 7/22/14 
    MC Blighted Ovum 12/4/13 @ 7wks
    BFP #2 8/21/14, EDD 5/1/15 

All Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    HeyMrsPotterHeyMrsPotter member
    edited April 2014
    I had no idea that progesterone was taken in suppository form. I'm glad you found it before it melted, and that your dog didn't try to eat it. 

Yes, the things we learn about one another here on TTCAL, right? I know it comes in other forms too but I think the vaginal suppository is really common. And, yes, glad he didn't eat it. That would be an awkward call to the vet. 

Thanks, all, for the reassurance. I am really thinking all is ok. At this point I'm laughing at myself more than I am worried.
  • Options
    Oh no!!! No helpful advice to offer but ((hugs))!! I've woken up with the thermometer in my hair and went to work with a wondofo stuck on my scrubs, but that's it!

Me (40) DH (45); Started dating 2-24-12, Married 5-13-13

BFP 3-16-13..EDD 11-17-13.. MMC 4-16-13 Confirmed/D&C 4-23-13...
    BFP #4 6-22-14 EDD 3-6-15 FX for our LO

• Options
    Oh man! I think I messed up a day my first cycle and my luteal phase still was a decent length. 

"It's, not, where you are, it's where you're going,
    And it's, not, about the things you've done, it's what you're doing, now"

TTC Journey Began 8/12
    BFP #1 11/9/12, MMC/D&C 12/21/12 @ 9w2d, EDD 7/24/13
    SAs: 2%-3% Morph - RE Official Diagnosis
    Unexplained
     BFN = IUI #1 (Clomid) | IUI #2 (Letrozole) 
    BFP #2 4/19/14 = IUI #3 (Letrozole)
    Expecting Our Elf 12/27/14
    ~All Welcome~

• Options
    I don't have any advice as. I have not done this sort of medicine before but just wanna say ::hugs:: and hope you didn't miss a dose and try not to worry, worrying is never good for you.
    -Megan

Started dating Hubby May 17 2005. Married since Aug 20 2011 
    Me:30   Hubby:31
    TTC since May 2012 
    HSG Dec 2012 Fill no spill on left side, right side normal (most physically painful experience of my life..)
    Metformin Started May 2013
    PG#1: BFP 10-21-13. EDD 6-17-14 mmc 12-9-13 m/c occurred with cytotec on 12-11-13 
    PG#2: BFP 07-25-14.  EDD 4-5-15   *Hoping this is my rainbow*
    Diagnosed with PCOS, Hypothyroid,IBD/UC, (UC in remission as of July 2014)
    *I will always love you Fetey the first.* 

ALL WELCOME!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"