November 2013 Moms

Pumping during work

Has anyone lengthened out pumping sessions?  I thought that I would give it a whirl today so I wouldn't have to do it over my lunch so I would just do the 9:30ish on and then the 2:30ish one.  However I am now regretting it (I have to have someone come to my desk each time)...

And then if you have done this did it mess with your supply or not really?  I have heard that if you stop a pumping session it just makes more?  Has anyone had this happen or am I blowing up smoke?

Thanks

Re: Pumping during work

• I pump at 8:30, 11, and 2. None of those fall on my 12-1 lunch break.

My coworker goes at 9, noon, and 3.

My other coworker does only two sessions, one at 9 and one at 1:30. She has a humongous oversupply though and only needs two sessions a day.

I could never skip one. Sometimes I move it back 30 min if I have to attend a meeting or something. I would worry about supply issues too.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • shanbp said:
    I pump at home at around 8 and then try to fit in 3 pumps at work. I succeed about half the time - the other half I just do 2. I seem to get about the same amount either way, but am worried that if I drop to 2 all the time my supply will suffer after a while.
    This is the same for me.  With meetings I sometimes can't make the normal 3.  If that's the case, I try to space them so that I can do as much as I can.

• Loading the player...
  • I've been considering dropping a session. I pump at 7:30, 10:30 and 1:30. On the days I do miss, I usually get the same amount, but I think I'll wait until 9 months when baby is eating more solids to drop a session.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• I work 12 hour shifts and went from pumping every 3 hours to roughly every 4 and haven't had any supply issues, just getting more from my pumping sesh.
  • I EP and have been prepping to stop once LO hits 6 mo. I had been pumping 3x at work, but dropped to 2. I have dropped about 2oz per day since doing that. No increase here.
    Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"