Options

I share this because I like all of you

Re: I share this because I like all of you

• Options
    JCSC2008 said:

I've seen a meme on a health food page that goes something like this:
    When you see the words Fat Free, Reduced Fat, Sugar Free
    Think Chemical Shit Storm

I've been told it's much better to buy the full fat version and just eat it in moderation. I got caught up in the fat free nonsense when dd was born and I'm still trying to reprogram myself!

Yes, this! I avoid reduced fat and diet versions of things like the plague, and I always have. Sugar free versions as well. All they do is replace natural fats and sugar with horrible chemicals. Diet soda is the worst offender. People think just because it says diet, that means they're okay to suck soda down all day... You do yourself an immense favor giving up soda entirely, but that is another tangent :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My mother thinks she being sooooo healthy when she buys all of this fat free crap. I've tried to point her to science articles,, but I think it was just drilled into her head in the early eighties and she just can't see the truth.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    janineb said:

i prefer the taste of splenda to real sugar 

::ducks head::

I am trying to train my tea drinking back to real sugar in order to wean off my obsession with splenda, but it tastes so bitter, and hangs out in the bottom of the tea cup, refusing to easily mix with the milk and tea at the top. it is ruining my mornings :(
    how about making some simple syrup then and using that for your sweetener?

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Shabutie said:

JCSC2008 said:

I've seen a meme on a health food page that goes something like this:
    When you see the words Fat Free, Reduced Fat, Sugar Free
    Think Chemical Shit Storm

I've been told it's much better to buy the full fat version and just eat it in moderation. I got caught up in the fat free nonsense when dd was born and I'm still trying to reprogram myself!

Yes, this! I avoid reduced fat and diet versions of things like the plague, and I always have. Sugar free versions as well. All they do is replace natural fats and sugar with horrible chemicals. Diet soda is the worst offender. People think just because it says diet, that means they're okay to suck soda down all day... You do yourself an immense favor giving up soda entirely, but that is another tangent :)
    yep. I try to only but whole foods and ingredients. if it has something I can't pronounce or don't understand, I will usually avoid. also, butter, oils, and fats keep you fuller longer and give you more energy - none of that sugar spike that carbs and ... well, sugar give.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"