Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Unfortunately I'm now a member of this group

I suffered my first miscarriage on Friday. Even though I wasn't very far along (5 weeks). I feel empty and numb. How long does it take to feel like yourself again?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Unfortunately I'm now a member of this group

• Thank you! I will just take it one day at a time and allow myself to grieve.
  • I am so sorry for your loss. Take as much time as you need. There is no timeline that guarantees you will start feeling human again. Everyone is different. 5 weeks is as valid as 20 weeks. It still hurts. A loss is a loss. Take care of yourself and hang in there (((hugs)))
  • Loading the player...
  • *ticker warning*

I am so sorry for your loss.

This is such a fresh loss for you give yourself time, as the weeks go by you will get stronger but at your own pace. 

hugs.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• I'm sorry for your loss.  For me it took at least a few days to function "normally" again.  ("Normal" = go to work, run errands, pretend everything fine, etc.)  In reality, I know I will not really recover until I have a successful pregnancy.  Everyone is different though.  Seeing pregnant women, especially ones that are about as pregnant as you would have been, is especially painful, to me at least.  Good luck to you, I know this is a crappy club to join, but there's a lot of support to be found on this board.
    View Raw Image" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px; font-weight: bold; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 102, 153); cursor: pointer; outline: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
    TTC since Feb 2013
    BFP #1 EDD Dec 2013 (blighted ovum discovered during u/s on 4/26/13)
    BFP #2 EDD 7/17/14 (SCH, 12/4/13, 7w5d)
    BFP #3 EDD 11/13/14 (chemical pregnancy, 3/14/14, 5w2d)
    Testing done in May 2014, no clear cause for losses.
    BFP #4 EDD 3/26/15 Beta #1 1350 @ 18 DPO. Beta #2 4950 @ 21 DPO.  Ultrasound #1 @ 28 DPO 103 BPM!

image        image 

• I'm so sorry for your loss. As for how long it takes to feel normal again, it's a crap shoot. You might start feeling better after a couple weeks but there will still likely be random days that come out of nowhere and make you fall apart again. Or at least that's how it usually goes for me.

It's a bumpy road.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • I'm so sorry. You need to take as much time as you need. It's a loss that is so heart breaking. There will be moments when you feel normal and then all the sudden it hits you. Stay on the forum and always reach out for support when you need it. No one ever wanted to be apart of this group but at least we have each other.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm still waiting to feel normal. After the first few days I could go without crying. Now I only cry sometimes. I'm taking it one day at a time, so thats what I suggest. Don't tryto rush to feel better because it may take awhile.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Everyone above have good advice and insight. You never know and somedays you may feel normal again and something will trigger the sadness all over again. Taking it one day at a time is the best thing we all can do. Grieve in whatever way you need to grieve.

I'm so sorry for your loss. As @jcar2‌ said, a loss is a loss, no matter how many weeks.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I've just lost my first pregnancy also. I've felt a different way every day since I found out (three days ago) I switch from emptiness to sadness to anger but every now and then for just a moment I feel 'normal' again. I'm trying to keep busy and do some things for myself (went to the salon today) Good luck to you.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 (my birthday!) MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

TTC #1 (Round 2): May 16, 2014 

Names | Blog | Chart

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Yaz14Yaz14 member
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I've also unfortunately had to join this board in the past week too. I'm suffering a missed miscarriage and am still carrying my baby who passed over 4 weeks ago. I totally get that feeling of being numb and empty. All I can tell you is that it will get easier, I promise. Do things that make you feel better whether that's watching trashy TV, eating junk, going shopping, crying, praying, talking to friends/family/total strangers, just do whatever you have to do. I had to live through the week from hell last week where I knew but didn't know for sure that my baby had died. What finally gave me relief was getting confirmation that it was definitely a miscarriage. Now I feel like I can start to pick up the pieces and move on with my life. It's hard, I know, but please take comfort in the fact that it will all get better with time.

Me(24) DH(26)/Married since March 2013
    BFP#1 February 18th 2014/EDD October 27th/MMC discovered at 10w/D&C April 7th 
    BFP#2 July 24th 2014/EDD April 4th 2015/Please be our RAINBOW!
  • Thank you everyone for your support! It definetly helps. Also, I had my follow up appointment with my doctor yesterday and speaking with her really helped. This was my second pregnancy. We have a beautiful, healthy 10 month old baby girl  and for that I am so grateful. For now I will just take it day by day and give her extra hugs and kisses. I have had a healthy pregnancy in the past and hopefully it will happen again in the future. I'm so sorry for everyone's loss!! Losing a child is heartbreaking.  
  • Ticker warning

I am sorry you have to be here. I hope you feel better soon. My loss is very recent and I have good days and bad.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm sorry for your loss. It definitely takes time and the emotions sneak up still. I found going back to work and having my routine helped. I still have my moments of sadness when I have time for my mind to wander. I don't think I will ever forget her nor don't want to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"