Single Parents

Sleeping!

Ok, guys, Harley wakes up at 4am. Every weekday. Doesn't matter what time she falls asleep (any time between 7pm and 10pm), at 4am she is up and ready for the day. I can get her back to sleep sometimes, but about 80% of the time she will not.  It's hit or miss with a bottle (she sometimes takes it, sometimes fights it), if I give her the paci she will spit it out, and the only real way to get her back to sleep is if I take her into my bed.  Which I don't want to do because that won't help anything, in fact, it's just making it harder on both of us. Weekends, she sleeps until 6am. I don't understand.  Even if I go to bed at the same time as her, I am just so exhausted at 4am.  I do not function at 4am like she wants me to.

Advice or tips?? Something! Anything! HELP ME
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Sleeping!

• Coffee, drink copious amounts of coffee. Bentley is the same way as harley and i drink lots of coffee
  • I'm afraid if I drink anymore coffee, I'll be awake 23.5 hours a day
  • Loading the player...
  • Lol, have you tried weaning harley off the coffee?
  • If she's drinking coffee, I have no idea where she's getting it! LOL
  • eg214eg214 member
    I know Emmalynn is only 7.5 weeks but she is same. Wakes up at 4 or 5 am ready to go. Sometimes will go back to bed if I keep nursing her in bed. I just enjoy it. Play with her. Talk to her. Enjoy her smiles. Probably will get old but I just try to soak it up and know one day she won't and one day she won't want anything to do with me.

When we were at my apt, turning the tv on helped me and watching some shows.

Prob just have to wait it out like everyone says.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Roxalot said:

If she's drinking coffee, I have no idea where she's getting it! LOL

Bentley tried drinking my coffee this morning. Nope, not okay son you dont need more energy.
  • What time do you normally get up?  You could try waiting it out.  I think as long as she's going to bed and sleeping fine in her crib it wouldn't hurt to bring her into your bed in the mornings.  eg214 is right...she'll won't be little and snuggly forever.
  • I wake up between 6 and 6:30. And I'm literally a zombie until about 45 min of trying to get her back to sleep. And if she starts babbling and I don't come in to check on her after maybe 10min she'll start scrying (scream-crying).

And some mornings, like this morning, my boyfriend is over and there just is no room to add another body, regardless of how small. I nearly fell off the bed every time I started to fall back asleep.

I know she is not going to be this snuggly forever, but, I don't know, 4am is reserved for sleep (just ask my 30 years of experience with sleep, sleepovers, boyfriends, parties, etc.)
  • You'll laugh at me for this, but I genuinely miss those days. At Harley's age, Angelica used to wake up right around that time and I'd get her up, get her a bottle, feed her, and then snuggle and fall back asleep on the couch. I sure don't miss the fatigue but I do miss my quiet early morning baby snuggles.

That said, if Harley won't go back to sleep after that...I feel for you :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • I'm not saying I won't make it work, but sleep is one thing I just can't negotiate anymore.
  • What time do you go to bed? If you can manage going to bed at like 9 or 9:30 that should still get you enough sleep!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • eg214eg214 member
    Yeah I have to go to bed at 10pm. She usually naps around 8pm and then wakes round 10 which means I have to get her in bed with me and nurse if I want her to stay asleep. Last night my mom and I miraculously got her velcro swaddle undone, diaper changed, swaddle re-done, and in bed with me to the boob without her waking. PHEW!

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • It doesn't matter what time I go to bed. I've gone to sleep at 7:30pm and still been unable to function at 4am
  • I'm like you. I can't function at that hour. How old is Harley? I didn't see that anywhere.
    I read lots of sleep books. My favorite (healthy sleep habits happy child) says not to go in before 6. My kids are super early risers but they eventually learned to play and talk until I would go get them. It might not have been as late as 6 but I tried to push it as close as possible. How long would she scream for?
    Also black out blinds are a huge help.
  • Harley is just over 9mo. After she finally started crawling, she slept through the night, but we're back at crying every couple of hours. So... I wonder what is next. I'm actually hoping she's teething, because she's still toothless. She will be crawling around perfectly happy, look up and start crying. I think she's also goin through separation anxiety. She wails when my dad takes her, but he's my main source of stress so maybe she's picking up on that...
  • Its possible shes pocking up om that, but it could he seperation amxiery. Bentley is going through that too
  • ... Yay...
  • Ah I think 9 months is where separation anxiety really kicks in! Advil for the teeth and maybe a shirt that smells like you in the crib before bed. No teeth yet I'm sure is making a big difference.
  • I've been using the shirt I wore during the day to use to cover her wedge. :) that helps
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"