July 2014 Moms
Options

Morning sickness and Unisom...still?!?

Hi ladies. I was wondering if anyone is still experiencing morning sickness/taking something for it. My MS definitely got better after week 11 or so, but I'm still dealing with it everyday. I take 1/2 a Unisom every night and that seems to be enough so that my gag reflex doesn't take over during the day and I can eat just fine. However, I just started getting super paranoid about continuing this medication even though I'm 23 weeks and I'm afraid I will have to take it for the remainder of the pregnancy :( My anxiety issues are for sure showing with this one. (BTW - I have told my midwife at every appointment that I have continued the 1/2 Unisom and she has never said anything about it other than it is of course important that I'm functioning and can eat.)

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else is taking Unisom or other meds daily for morning sickness. 

TIA for taking the time to calm this crazy woman's mind :)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Morning sickness and Unisom...still?!?

• Options
    Yep, I take it consistently every morning - if I don't, I WILL be horribly sick that evening/the next morning.  I re-checked with my OB at my last appt., and she was fine with it.  She said I might need to take it throughout my whole pregnancy, but that if it makes me function, it's fine.

Oh, and I'm almost 27 weeks - the medication definitely does not make LO sleepy - he kicks a ton each morning!

If it helps you live more normally and your midwife is ok with it, I'm sure you're fine! :)
    May Siggy Challenge: Cute Animals
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm still taking half a Unisom and 25 mg of B6 every night. I was doing a whole Unisom and dropped that down to half a few weeks ago. I still gag when brushing my teeth and I feel nauseous if I go too long without eating. Two weeks ago I skipped the Unisom and B6 on a Friday night to see if I could do without it. I felt like crap all day that Saturday. I have a doc appointment next week and I'll mention it to them just to make sure how long I can keep going with this.

July 14 May Siggy Challenge: Cute Animals
    imagelambs photo: lambs lftsidemovies5.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am also 23 weeks, and taking 1/2 unisom + 25mg B6 every night... It helps so much, but I was also feeling worried about it, so I asked my Dr and she said she has no concerns, it is still safe for the remainder of my pregnancy. Each week, I try one night off going without too see how I feel the next day, but so far I still need the meds. I am also still taking zofran for the nausea a few times a week, which the Dr also said is totally fine throughout pregnancy. I know how you feel tho, about feeling worried about continuing to take these meds :( ...but I have yet to come across anything that says these meds might be unsafe, and doc is cool with it, so I keep that in mind.
  • Options
    This is baby#4 a boy, and the MS is so much worse than it was with the girls. I always have MS for the whole pregnancy but was down to 1/2 tab of zofran twice a day with my DDs and I still felt sick but could handle it enough. I still have to take 3 full tabs every 8 hours otherwise I literally get sick and will end up back at L&D for like the 50th time. It's such a bummer but taking something to help keep fluids and foods is better than ending up sick and with deficiencies for you and baby.
  • Options
    I take 1/2 a pill every night as well.  My doctor says it is safe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the responses. I know I'm not the only one still dealing with morning sickness this late in the game, but when I hear about it from others I know, it's usually followed by a "suck it up" attitude and sucking it up and not taking anything makes me feel like garbage all day long. Thanks for reminding me I'm doing what's best for me and baby.

/end glitter and rainbows farts.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm still taking Zofran every morning. Without it, I can't even get out of bed without puking. I'm SO over it!!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    I have taken 25mg of b6 and 1/2 unisom tab every single night since I was 14 weeks. I am now 25 weeks and cannot go a single night without them. I have a doc appt tomorrow and will ask about how long I can continue this. Glad I'm not the only one!

• Options
    I still take one Unisom a night, sometimes just half, and my MW has no concerns over it. If I don't take it, a day later I have a really bad headache, I'll puke in the AM, and I have nausea or just plain don't feel good.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    lamareilamarei member
    edited March 2014
    Unisom, b6, zofran, dexilant... I keep hoping there will be an end.
  • Options
    I am also still taking a whole unisom each night. My ms symptoms have improved greatly but if I don't take it I literally don't fall asleep. It worries me too, but my Dr says it istotally fine to take the entire pregnancy if need be
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • Options
    Taking a full Unisom every night and zofran occasionally during the day if it gets really bad. Talked to the doc about it last week and he said there is no danger continuing this throughout the pregnancy but there would be danger in not being able to keep down nutrients or fluids. Oh, and it's more important to keep my sanity intact, even if that means Unisom (I was going crazy I was so miserable before!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"