January 2014 Moms
Options

XP:Aflac anyone?

I'm a nurse and interviewing for a weekend package job but with being offered that money means no benefits or paid absences. . I can go on my husbands health plan but I'm looking ahead at my next maternity leave (yes I'm crazy). I'm researching Aflac and their different policies... Anyone have Some form of Aflac? Love it? Hate it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP:Aflac anyone?

• Options
    I have Aflac for short term disability. Have only used it for this maternity leave and have no issues with it. The paperwork was straightforward - my doctor screwed some of the paperwork up and after I submitted the corrected paperwork, Aflac payed out the rest of my benefit period. Can't say anything bad about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    pejaypejay member
    I had Aflac with my first pregnancy in addition to health insurance. It was really easy to file the paperwork once I had dd#1 and got the check no problem - we used it to pay the hospital bill but really it is your money to use for whatever! I thought it was great, no complaints. Check the small print my policy required I be enrolled a full 30 days prior to being pregnant (or it was pre existing and they wouldn't pay it). I wouldnt sign up and pay the monthy premiums until you are ready for next baby :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    AFLAC is pricey for the benefit but definitely worth having if you plan to get pregnant in the near'ish future. I've spoken with a few of our folks that have needed it and they all have said it is an easy and streamlined process. Some of their policies will even pay a Dr. visit benefit...check with your agent. 
  • Options
    AshleyM0125AshleyM0125 member
    edited April 2014
    I have a hospital plan and a short term disability plan with them. It was HELL to get through the paperwork. I was back at work before I actually saw any money. The pay out was what I expected and was worth it but thank goodness we had savings. I really could have been putting money into savings for the past three years and gotten the same amount as what they paid out (it took us much longer than expected to conceive) it has its good points and its bad ones. It depends a lot on when you plan to conceive and which policies you get. I had the accident plan a few years ago and needed stitches. It was 100% worth it then.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"