July 2014 Moms
Options

Interview for Teaching Job...and Pregnant

I need some serious advice!!  I have a job interview on Friday to get into my dream school system.  I am currently working in an adjacent county.  I am SO concerned that my maternity leave at the beginning of the school year will turn them off.  Any suggestions on things I can say to ease their mind?  I was out at the beginning of the year with my first back in 2012, so I've done this before.

Also, what does one wear to an interview when they're 26 weeks pregnant?  I'm really showing.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
BabyName Ticker

Re: Interview for Teaching Job...and Pregnant

• Options
    imageimage

Alexander - 8/9/14
  • Options
    @aliletz

Thanks!  I actually just read that article.

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly I would try to get a maternity suit if you can. The more professional you look, the better.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    That is a tricky situation, I was sort of in a similar situation. I resigned from my last teaching position and wanted to take a little break from teaching. During that little break I fell pregnant, and realised I was ready to go back to another permanent position but the "problem" was I knew no school would hire me if they knew I was pregnant, and I wanted to be honest with them. So I am in a situation where I am supply teaching for now and hopefully will try for a permanent position after baby is born. Good luck with your interview!
  • Options
    Hmmm with my last pregnancy, I was hired into the district when I was 9 weeks pregnant, so I had awhile. Don't focus on it or make it the center of your interview. Discuss what would make you a great teacher in their district, and why they would want you. Once you sign your contract you can disclose and your intentions for a long term sub. I will be meeting with my district HR on getting a sub this month. My school currently has 3 pregnant teachers, so it will be an interesting school year. Good luck!!
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• Options
    I really don't have advice but wanted to tell you I'm SO glad you posted this! I am applying for librarian jobs in diff districts for this upcoming year (I teach now) and keep wondering about this!
    Good luck with the interview!! Keep us posted!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"