Baby Names
Options

Help with baby boy name please!

We are expecting our 3rd child.  Daughter is Reagan Rose and son is Beckham Reed.  We have spent A LOT of time going thru possible names and our tops are Sawyer Nicholas and Hendrix Nicholas.  Other names we really liked are Brooks and Lincoln (but this is pretty much a no go since we have a Reagan).  Nicholas is my dads name so the middle is set.  What do you think?  It's crunch time :)   

Thanks!

Re: Help with baby boy name please!

• Options
    I could really get behind Nicholas Hendrix.  But of those two I much prefer Sawyer Nicholas.  
  • Options
    Me too actually :)  My ONLY concern is that there are girls out there being named Sawyer :/  This exact same thing happened w/ my last son.  We were set on Emerson and then realized the trend.  Ugh.  Thank-you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really like Brooks!  If that has already been nixed, than I would choose Sawyer.
  • Options
    Thanks - good suggestion!
  • Options
    I personally think it's 100% boy too.  Thanks!
  • Options
    I love Brooks too :)  
  • Options
    Sawyer Nicholas is far and away my favorite out of all these choices.

• Options

I like Sawyer a lot. As long a your last name isn't something funky.

I like the name but when I heard it paired with other words, sometimes I think of "Saw Your".

So as long as your name isn't "Butts" (Saw Your Butts...ehh)...you should be good to go!

• Options
    I like Henry Nicholas...
  • Options
    Ha!  I've thought of that and it's not :)  It's Kays
  • Options
    I like Sawyer but know what you mean about it being giving to girls.  One other thing to think about--all the names on your list seem like last names to me.  Plus, your current children have names that can also be last names.  Will it bother you if people notice a trend in that respect?
  • Options
    I prefer Sawyer Nicholas by a long shot.  Is there a reason you have Hendrix on your list?  It just seems a little Woodstock obsessed to me...

Would you consider Nicholas as a first name?

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• Options
    Thanks for the suggestion!  I know, clearly we gravitate towards surnames :)  I just really think Sawyer is an awful name for a girl and was REALLY surprised to hear that trend.  I think that will be one that doesn't stick like the others (crossing fingers)!
  • Options
    Honestly no link to Jimi or anything.  My hubby liked it.  I'm always open for suggestions.  We might have missed something out there :)
  • Options
    oh and no to Nicholas as a first name as that is my dads name.  
  • Options
    I vote brooks :)
  • Options
    I am not liking your naming style for this little guy. Of all your names, I like Nicholas the best , then Brooks. The rest are nms at all. Hendrix is the worst of the bunch. It is screaming that you are trying to hard to have a cool name . Sawyer sounds like a baby name. I can't really picture it on a grown up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"