One & Done: Only child
Options

Hit Head :/

When one is going down to the basement to do laundry, and has music/headphones on.. and REALLY gets into a song.. and decides to act like a child and jump around because they're REALLY into the music?  Just don't. Trust me.  Don't act like a kid.

::tells self this::

I hit my head today. Like bad. I jumped into a damn metal pole in the basement.. the force was SO hard, it actually threw me to the ground on my back.  I felt like I was going to puke, I couldn't get up for 5 minutes and I was dizzy.   I've been watching for a concussion all day, but I think I'm fine.  I'm a little shaky, but I was even before.. I'm having a super "I'm starving and can't get satisfied" day.  I'm not queasy anymore, or dizzy. That only lasted 5 minutes.. I think it was from the pain and impact.

But hell, I have a headache.   Obviously, I'll keep an eye on it.. but I'm 99% sure I'm just peachy.  Just a sore head. But WOW, I hit that pole hard. I've NEVER hit anything so hard that it threw me to the ground.

Guys, don't jump around and dance to music in your basement when there are metal poles (about 5 feet thick) above your head. K? K.
E+C
(+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
TTC

Re: Hit Head :/

• Options
    Lmao! Ps glad you're ok.
  • Options
    That sucks. Hope you feel better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'll take vicarious learning on this one any day!

I hope you're feeling better soon!
    IMG_8355
  • Options
    Ouch! Hope your head feels better soon!
  • Options
    Thanks guys <3  

I have a headache, but manageable. Otherwise, feel fine!

You guys can totally laugh at me.  My H was in hysterics... only after he knew I was OK.  "because most people at 34 jump and skip through the basement to Eminem and smash into poles.."   pfffttt.
    E+C
    TTC
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure all of those symptoms are actually signs of a concussion, most notably the nausea and dizziness after hitting your head. I am glad you're feeling a bit better though!
  • Options
    Yikes!!! Be careful!!!!

• Options
    KatieB19 said:
    I'm pretty sure all of those symptoms are actually signs of a concussion, most notably the nausea and dizziness after hitting your head. I am glad you're feeling a bit better though!
    I assumed they were from the brute force and shock of smashing my head and falling, since they went away?  As soon as I sat on the ground for a few moments, all the issues went away.   I was a smidge queasy last night with the headache, but I assume that was from that.. you know when you get a really bad migraine or crap headache, you can feel queasy?  But I feel 100% right now :)  No headache, even.
    E+C
    TTC
  • Options
    Chapter79 said:
    KatieB19 said:
    I assumed they were from the brute force and shock of smashing my head and falling, since they went away?  As soon as I sat on the ground for a few moments, all the issues went away.   I was a smidge queasy last night with the headache, but I assume that was from that.. you know when you get a really bad migraine or crap headache, you can feel queasy?  But I feel 100% right now :)  No headache, even.
    From what I've been told, you have a concussion.  It's probably only a minor one, so no need to worry, but it your headache doesn't go away or gets worse or you notice vision problems, go see your doctor.  Most likely they'll just tell you to rest and not have any stimulation.  Hopefully that's not the case - you need to keep dancing.  Just more carefully!  :)  I hate when I hurt myself having a good time :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    meo34meo34 member
    Sorry but I had to laugh too.  Just had a mental imagine and started to giggle.  Hope you are ok!
  • Options

Oh no. That sounds so scary. I am glad you're feeling better.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• Options
    Friends:
    Oh no. Glad you're feeling better and hope you're 100% very soon!

Best Friends:
    Lmao! Ps glad you're ok.
    Sorry but I had to laugh too.  Just had a mental imagine and started to giggle.  Hope you are ok
    OMG - that sounds like it hurt! Hope you feel better soon! 
     but also 
  • Options
    Friends:
    Oh no. Glad you're feeling better and hope you're 100% very soon!

Best Friends:
    Lmao! Ps glad you're ok.
    Sorry but I had to laugh too.  Just had a mental imagine and started to giggle.  Hope you are ok
    OMG - that sounds like it hurt! Hope you feel better soon! 
     but also 
    hahahah!!

I can laugh after the fact, though I have a headache again.  Tylenol is great!

I'm afraid of my basement now.
    E+C
    TTC
  • Options
    I ended up going in, I feel like I was a lot worse today. I was getting super dizzy and junk. Called my doctor, and he told me to do the ER.. blah!  All checked out OK, but I definitely have a concussion.  I can't even walk fast, I feel like I'm about to tip over.

I'm never dancing again!!!!
    E+C
    TTC
  • Options
    lildis09 said:
    I ended up going in, I feel like I was a lot worse today. I was getting super dizzy and junk. Called my doctor, and he told me to do the ER.. blah!  All checked out OK, but I definitely have a concussion.  I can't even walk fast, I feel like I'm about to tip over.

I'm never dancing again!!!!
    Crazy girl! Glad you got checked. Get some rest!
    I got nervous this morning when I started to slur my words and stutter, wtf!  I didn't realize that could happen with concussion and it freaked me out.   Yikes!
    E+C
    TTC
  • Options
    Chapter79 said:
    KatieB19 said:
    From what I've been told, you have a concussion.  It's probably only a minor one, so no need to worry, but it your headache doesn't go away or gets worse or you notice vision problems, go see your doctor.  Most likely they'll just tell you to rest and not have any stimulation.  Hopefully that's not the case - you need to keep dancing.  Just more carefully!  :)  I hate when I hurt myself having a good time :)

But, seriously, holy crap.  Feel better!

• Options
    Ugh!  I'm glad you went in!  That sounds scary!
    Maybe you need to turn your basement into a big foam pit.
    IMG_8355
  • Options
    What song was it? It is all worth it if it was the right artist. >:D<

• Options
    amie444 said:
    What song was it? It is all worth it if it was the right artist. >:D<
    haha!  It was Eminem, his newer song.. Headlights. :)
    E+C
    TTC
  • Options
    lildis09 said:
    @Chapter79‌ how are you feeling?
    @lildis09 - thanks so much for asking.  Still the same, but it's off and on.  When I sit and relax, I'm OK. When I do too much, I 'flare' up and start to get more dizzy and my speech gets weird.  So I'm just laying around a lot!
    E+C
    TTC
  • Options
    We'll good choice in artist. Hope you are healing. And please dance again. Just get video next time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"