July 2014 Moms
Options

Saw this and loved it!

Hey there! I can't remember if it was this board or another I follow, but a woman had asked if anyone else paid for their mother or MIL to come visit when LO is born. This wan and her husband reluctantly paid his mother for coming to visit and taking time off of work because she complained about it so much!y personal feeling was " if you need to be paid to see your grandchild, you don't need to see them!" Then I saw this and thought perfect! Anyone else with me?!

Re: Saw this and loved it!

• Options
    This woman* sorry for that typo ladies
  • Options
    I love that. My nephew is 4 months old and my bio father has met him once, only due to coincidence. He lives out of state but he's a freaking pilot. I'm already steeling myself against being disappointed when he shows no initiative to see my son.

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I totally agree! My fam is all talk (if that, considering that they contact me like once in a blue) about visits and stuff so i dont really expect that to change once my baby comes...hubby doesnt like them anyway and we've both decided they are so lucky we are in the digital age as they will be limited to seeing what few pictures i post on facebook
  • Options
    Well we live and Korea and plane tickets are a thousand dollars a pop:/ so we get the "we want to buuuuut we have to see if it's in the budget" which I understand. But it's out first child and they've all known since she was 3months. People save for vacations why is this any different? Plus it's SOUTH KOREA it's like a vacation
    BabyFruit Ticker
    ITS A GIRL!
    VERY EXCITED FTD WHO DOES EVERYTHING
    A LOT THAT MOST DADS WOULD LAUGH AT ME FOR!
    HAVING OUR BABY ABROAD.
    military family

• Options
    (LOSS MENTIONED)

My close friend lost her little boy at 4 months old last year & when planning his funeral, out-of-town family members requested an open casket because they never got to see/meet him before. Thankfully she is a strong woman & did not cave to their selfish needs. The pictures sufficed when he was born, so they sufficed for the memorial service as well. Can't believe people can be so selfish in situations when it's not about them whatsoever.

I hope you ladies have better luck with your long-distance relatives. My extended family is all local but I know that we will have to come to them since they won't come visit us at our tiny condo. Why is family so weird?

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"