Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

feeling sad

Today was my final check up with our Dr and tomorrow my husband and I will be heading to the hospital for a d&c. This is not how we pictured our first pregnancy.. I will give you a little background. My husband and I have been trying for a family for several months and finally after a trial with opk's we were ecstatic to find out we were pregnant! We went in for our 8 week ultrasound only to find out baby was about 2mm and had no heart beat, devastating news! We went back 10days later for a follow up appt, no changes but I had began to have spotting. Dr wanted to wait the weekend and see me today in case my body would miscarry naturally but no luck with that. I am so ready for all of this to be over and start trying again but all of a sudden it has hit me and I am feeling very emotional. This is the end of my first pregnancy. I know this is very common but I just never envisioned it happening to us, I'm sure no one does.
I just needed to vent a little and put this out there, my family and friends know what we have been going through and have been so supportive but its hard when no one else has gone through this. I have been on a rollercoaster of emotions, I thought I had come to terms with things and was feeling good but with my d&c tomorrow it started to stir up emotions again. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips when it comes to what to expect tomorrow with the d&c and healing? I'm hoping for a smooth transition and easy healing, I'm just looking forward to having this all done. It will be two weeks from when we found out the pregnancy wasn't viable to when I have the d&c and it just seems to have been a lifetime. This guessing game has been horrible, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Well I guess that's enough rambling, thank you for anyone who bothered to read :)

Re: feeling sad

• I'm so sorry for your loss.

As for advice for tomorrow, make sure you have pads before you go and bring one with you or you'll get to wear the ones they have that make you feel like you're wearing a massive diaper. Also, make sure you take it easy and let yourself really heal before you go back to being active or it could lead to longer bleeding after the surgery.

Some people get lucky and having minimal spotting/bleeding after a D&C and some people go on to bleed for several days. It's just luck of the draw. But having aleve (or something similar) and a heating pad available always made me feel better.

Good luck.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • stephy1221stephy1221 member
    edited March 2014
    *ticker warning*

Sorry for your loss.

Recovering from my d&c wasn't bad. A side effect of the anesthesia is constipation so having stool softener at home may be a good idea. The cramping and bleeding I had post d&c was no worse than a period and ibuprofen was slick needed for the pain.

Good luck and hugs.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Loading the player...
  • I am very sorry for your loss. I second the pads and stool softener. Take some time for yourself and hang in there. Good luck tomorrow.
  • Be sure not to wear any jewelry because you will have to take it off. And I agree with everything stated above.

Remember the emotional part is worse than the actual surgery.

I am so sorry for what you're going through. We are all here when you need us
  • Thank you everyone for your kind words and suggestions. Surgery was this morning and I am resting at home with my husband nursing me back to health. Everything went as planned and I am just a little icky feeling, hope it passes soon. Just wanted to pop in and say hi and thanks! Have a great day everyone!!
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.

I have no advice on the D&C as I went the medication route. I hope everything goes smoothly and you can begin to heal.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• So sorry for your loss. I had a missed miscarriage, too, and I understand how you get caught totally off guard and how you didn't think your first pregnancy would go this way. It is a roller-coaster ride emotionally, but physically I found I felt so much better after my D&C. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Wishing you a speedy recovery following your surgery! Thinking of you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"