December 2012 Moms

Ovarian cyst diagnosis

Today I had a sonogram my dr ordered because she felt a mass during pelvic exam. I can't believe I have to wait a few days now for this result. Anyone have exp w this that they are willing to discuss?? Also, the tech was horribly unprofessional. She said my bowels looked full during exam & when was my last BM. Sorry for tmi. Then I ask her a question and she says (w snotty tone), "oh, I don't know, I'm not a doctor". I'm so annoyed! Am I overreacting?!? I am a little cranky, so I can't tell.

Re: Ovarian cyst diagnosis

• I've had several. I've never done anything special. I did end up in the ED in the middle of the night because rough sex made one burst. It was the worst pain ever! I went into shock from it. But the others were never that bad. Nothing a little pain meds and a warm bath didn't help.
    Sorry that tech sucked, that's pretty rude of her. I hope you don't even notice it if you have one.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • I have had ovarian cysts before that caused some pain but honestly I didn't really notice until a gyn told me that was what it was. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Litgirl77Litgirl77 member
    edited April 2014
    I had/have one that was diagnosed while we were going through infertility analysis/treatment. Once I got pregnant they had to monitor it because the shifting hormones can make them grow, I guess, and that can impact the baby, delivery, etc. Mine grew some, but not much - but I remember the ultrasound techs never wanted to say much while they were doing exams and that was always a little freaky. I was always thinking, "I know you see something!! Tell me!!" 

My LO ended up being breech, and my doctor looked for the cyst to remove it during the operation, but said she couldn't find anything big enough to be worth removing. I think most of the time they only remove them if it's causing pain or symptoms. I've never really had issues, other then a bit of ovulation pain when I ovulate on that side. It was always funny when I was being monitored for ovulation during our IF treatments because I could "guess" with surprising accuracy what side I had ovulated on…not very impressive, mind you, and NOT a good party trick. :)
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"