July 2014 Moms

Relocating: switching OB's at 27 weeks

I'm having some major issues trying to find a new OB- anyone else having troubles because they are this far along? One office made me fax over all my medical records since I found out I was pregnant and then said they would review and call me back if they want to accept me as a new patient. It seems like the same thing with the 2nd DR office I called as well :-/

Any advice or suggestions or is this all normal? FTM here. Also apparently insane for moving across the country at 27/28 weeks.

Re: Relocating: switching OB's at 27 weeks

• I'll be moving cross-country at 35 weeks, with no choice about the date. I started calling OBs today. My first choice is supposed to call me back with a decision tomorrow. No advice, except persistence! 

• I'll be moving cross-country at 35 weeks, with no choice about the date. I started calling OBs today. My first choice is supposed to call me back with a decision tomorrow. No advice, except persistence! 

Good luck with your move! Hopefully your search goes smoothly!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, you as well!
  • Wow that sounds like unreasonable requirements :( hope you find someone soon.
  • I switched at 20 weeks. I just called and asked if they were accepting new patients and make an appointment. I had to have my previous records sent over before the first appointment.
  • Ylvelill said:

Wow that sounds like unreasonable requirements :( hope you find someone soon.

Actually, it doesn't sound like unreasonable requirements. I'm sure the office wants to have her medical records on hand from the beginning of her pregnancy so they will know the background on a new patient. This is pretty standard in most drs offices. It helps them to know if something is wrong and what has/hasn't already been done.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have to do the same thing with sending records and waiting and I'm actually going back to my old doc in Charleston (we're moving back after several years). Even though my first child was delivered there I still have to go through a process of review. I wouldn't sweat it.
  • I moved at 20 weeks and had to switch - it didn't seem like an issue with them accepting me but even though I had all of my records sent over my new doctor re-did ALL of the tests which was sort of a pain except I got an extra a/s so it was fun to get to see my peanut again
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"