Pregnant after a Loss

Cautiously over from TTCAL and Intro

MikesfanMikesfan member
edited March 2014 in Pregnant after a Loss
****children mentioned, loss mentioned*****

Hi everyone,
I posted my intro so many times on other boards since joining TB years and years ago but never on this board as I was never PgAL until now. So for those who don't know me from other boards here goes 
My name is Jo and I am 31. I have been married since 2007 and have twin sons born in 2009 after 2 years of trying and 1 year of ART. I have PCOS. My twins were a miracle conception on my 6th iui before we were to move onto IVF. My PCOS was severe and caused me to not ovulate no matter what medicines I was given. When I finally did O with large doses of injects it was always 1 follicle and "weak". My twins were conceived on the one and only cycle I had 3 follicles from a mix of menopur and follistim at high doses for 17 days. 

In 2011 we tried for #3 with 4 iuis which were all BFN. By this point we also had 2 cycles cancelled in addition to the 4 iui because I went from being a poor responder to an over-responder after my twins and having 4-8 follicles each time. We took a break and husband had back surgery so we weren't TTC with help until 2013.

In 2013 we decided to give it one more try with a few rounds of iui, and one IVF if needed. We did one IUI in Dec/Jan which was BFN. In Feb we did another IUI which miraculously resulted in a BFP. Sadly, I miscarried at 5w1d and ended up here. I was devastated as I never ever thought staying pregnant was my issue...only getting pregnant.

Which brings us to now...

This cycle, we tried letrozole on a whim while waiting for our last iui to take place in April. To our surprise, we did have a response, which never happened in all my years of ART. We had 2 great follies at our cd12 check and did an IUI on St. Pattys day. I never ever thought this would work, let alone I would even respond to the medicine. But lo and behold I have slowly watched my trigger fade out and a BFP fade in. This morning, I am finally 100% confident this is a BFP and not the trigger as the line is almost as dark as the control line.

I am cautiously happy to be here but so nervous after my miscarriage. Looking forward to meeting everyone and hoping I can stay here with you for a long long time. Thanks for reading. 

Jo

p.s. Does this board have an etiquette or PSA blog? I have been on TB since 2007 but obviously never on this board so I want to make sure nothing I say offends anyone. 
Edited to include a big thank you to all the ladies from TTCAL for being supportive, welcoming and kind. I was really trying to stay off the internet following my miscarriage buts TTCAL was a source of understanding and comfort. I thank you all for your insight, knowledge and support.

Pregnancy Ticker

Joanna (30) Michael (31) 
Twin sons born June 2009 after 1 Year ART, 
Anthony and Brandon 6/25/09 
Trying for #3 for 2 years
IUI #10- BFP! m/c 2/23/2014 

Re: Cautiously over from TTCAL and Intro

• Congrats and welcome from a lurker and former board member!
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• So great to see you here! Grab a seat and stay put.
    DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats and welcome!

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS Jan 2013
    BFP#1 June 2013/ EDD 2/23/2013 Blighted Ovum confirmed July 18, 2013
    took Cytotec July 20, 2013

BFP #2 12/28/2013 EDD 9/11/2014 Its A Girl!!! Rebecca Ann!

Rebecca Ann born 8/31/2014 6lb 1oz 19 inches long 8:55am!!!!

• Congrats!

BFP 7/16/13, EDD 3/27/14 - blighted ovum  - D&C 8/26/13
    Dx PCOS and Septate Uterus
    Septum Resection - 2/6/14
    brand new cuterus
    March 2014:   first medicated cycle + iui
    = BFP!
    Baby Drgn born December 3, 2014

• Congrats!!!!

• MikesfanMikesfan member
    edited March 2014
    ktlovess said:
    Lurking to say congrats, but also this...
    You were in TTCAL for a week. 1 week. Saying that you are moving over from TTCAL is a little bit insulting, especially to longer term ladies, and for the fact that you mention TTCAL in your title, but make no mention of the wonderful ladies on that board. You were asking for PSA...

I was there longer than a week. Just didn't intro as I have ben an active member of the bump for eight years. Yes I did end up introing last week because I didn't realize my loss check in into didn't count. Not trying to insult anyone.

Pregnancy Ticker

Joanna (30) Michael (31) 

• Welcome and congrats!!!

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Congrats & GL!
    BFP #2 3/19/14      EDD: 11/28/14
     Femara + Gonal F + Ovidrel  3/6/14  IUI #3 (plus 2x acupuncture)

Team Pink!!

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 7/22/13   EDD 3/29/14   MMC 8/13/13
      Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

image      image
    ALL ARE WELCOME
  • Congrats and welcome. 

FX for a healthy, growing LO. 

I am not a mod, and I have been here a few months, but in general siggy and ticker warnings are not necessary, mentioning existing children is ok, photos of children are ok, etc. 

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• :::Lurking:::

Best of luck.

Since you commented on the IF Check-in, 40 minutes before you posted this intro please refrain from adding a ticker to your siggy for 3-4 days so not to catch any TTCAL lovelies off-guard.

PS that's kinda b.s. to still be posting on TTCAL (like you still belonged) when you already had a BFP
  • Congrats and welcome!

image image   image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

BFP#1 9/25/10 DD born 6/9/11
    BFP#2 8/1/13 MC 8/31/13
    BFP#3 11/2/13 EDD 7/15/14 Stick baby Stick
    1st u/s 11/26/13 at 7w, measuring right on track and a heartbeat of 139bpm
    NT Scan 1/6/14 at 12w 6d, normal healthy squirmy baby measuring right on track heartbeat of 147bpm
    1st 2nd tri Scan 2/3/14 at 16w 6d, very healthy baby BOY!
    A/S 3/4/14 still a very healthy BOY, measuring right on track!
    DS born 7/9/14

All always welcome

• :::Lurking:::

Best of luck.

Since you commented on the IF Check-in, 40 minutes before you posted this intro please refrain from adding a ticker to your siggy for 3-4 days so not to catch any TTCAL lovelies off-guard.

PS that's kinda b.s. to still be posting on TTCAL (like you still belonged) when you already had a BFP
    Actually, I didn't post on TTCAL at all today except for once in the IF thread to answer a question from someone about a medicine, who I had been talking to for days. I did not post about my situation today at all. I even PMed the organizer of the thread about the BFP as requested in the thread intro. While there getting her name to PM her, I saw a question about a medicine and answered it. That's all. 

Second, I have thoroughly read the etiquette for the TTCAL board and have not posted a ticker, nor will I for a few days. It is not my intention to hurt anyone. 

But thank you for letting me know :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Joanna (30) Michael (31) 

• Mikesfan said:
    ktlovess said:
    Lurking to say congrats, but also this...
    You were in TTCAL for a week. 1 week. Saying that you are moving over from TTCAL is a little bit insulting, especially to longer term ladies, and for the fact that you mention TTCAL in your title, but make no mention of the wonderful ladies on that board. You were asking for PSA...

I was there longer than a week. Just didn't intro as I have ben an active member of the bump for eight years. Yes I did end up introing last week because I didn't realize my loss check in into didn't count. Not trying to insult anyone.

:-??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"