Stay at Home Moms

Random/Vents/AWs/PIPs

Anyone?

All I have are vents.

1.  It snowed yesterday.  WTF.  It was raining all morning, then all of a sudden it started snowing and snowed these giant, heavy, flakes until midnight.  We probably got a good 5 inches or so but luckily some was melting as it was falling.  But there's still like, 1/2 inch + on the ground and it's all slush.  Ugh.

2.  During said snow, someone must have slid off the road and knocked over our mailboxes.  There are 3 houses on our drive and they took our ENTIRE row of boxes AND posts out.  Then hit the utility pole a few feet away.  They didn't do any real damage to the pole but you can see the ruts in the mud and where the pole was hit.  Just a PITA to replace our boxes ugh.

Re: Random/Vents/AWs/PIPs

• Random: We've been running the humidifier in Scarlett's room because she has a cough. When she woke up this morning, her hair was curlier than I've ever seen it. I wish I'd taken a picture.

Vent 1: Scarlett has started throwing things at people (and pets) and it's really pissing me off.

Vent 2: The cold that hit our family is hanging on FOREVER. I'm ready for everyone to be healthy again.

AW: I was having kind of a crappy day yesterday, so my husband basically pushed me out the door to go to the gym and destress, telling me to take as long as I needed. I had a great workout then soaked in the hot tub. When I was done, my husband told me that he had ordered wings (my favorite) that I just needed to pick up. When I got home, Scarlett was in bed and Logan was happily hanging out in the swing. I do so love that man.
  • Loading the player...
  • Random: Went to a baby shower yesterday w/ MIL and DH's Gma. The first thing MIL said to the mom-to-be was "Look at how cute you are with your big belly and you have a cute little butt now too!" So apparently I wasn't the only pregnant lady that got appearance comments all the time from her....and I was thanking the Lord she never said anything to me about my butt....

Random #2: At said shower, the bartender mentioned out-of-the-blue that she was a surrogate mother who carried twins for her friend. Of course I thought about TB and the convo about this topic here.... I also thought of you ladies when the mom-to-be had us write our addresses on our thank-you note envelopes.
    ;))

AW: It's 50 degrees outside and sunny! DH is coming home early to work from home the rest of the day, and we're going to take a long walk as a family....so excited! :)

@SallyAnneS: Big hugs to you! I hope everything goes well and I'm sorry that the people in your life are not being supportive.
  • Random: tomorrow DS1 turns 6! Wahhh!

Vent: we chose to not go on spring break this year since DH and I head to a resort in May. This seemed like a great idea until spring break arrived.

AW: we have gotten a room at a nice spa hotel in our city's downtown this eve for a staycation. The boys will swim lots, eat room service, and I will get a massage before we check out tomorrow. We check in in less than 2 hours. I'm excited!
  • @SallyAnneS‌: Sending you hugs - you will get through this. Don't be too hard on your DH - while he could step it up a little, I bet he is dealing the best way he knows how.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • caybehcaybeh member
    edited March 2014
    @SallyAnneS‌ Hugs to you! Will be praying for you today.

Vent: Its snowing here now. Blizzard conditions will be happening soon. Boo.

Random: I'm watching the chew and already ate lunch, but now I'm hungry again. Even though the food they are making doesn't appeal to, but the idea of food does....

Aw: The nursery worker at church yesterday told me how much she enjoyed having DS in the nursery. She told me he was just so sweet.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• SallyAnneS Sending good vibes your way!
  • @SallyAnneS‌ good luck, you'll be just fine! :)
  • AW: I won tickets to meet Fitz and the Tantrums and see their concert Thursday. The radio station just called and said never mind about the meet 'n greet, you've been invited to their industry party. So I'm excited but unsure of what to expect. I'm bringing a girlfriend since DH has a work commitment.
  • Sing and DW, I hear ya...we tried selling our condo last summer (thought a family member was going to sell us her house....the whole thing ended up falling through but that's another story) and the "show-ready" aspect was exhausting! And that was before the boys were super mobile....I can't imagine trying to keep up w/ that now!!
  • Wait, I do have something good!  Even with all of the snow and shitty weather this weekend, it's BEAUTIFUL today!  Orioles home opener is on now and it's sunny and warm looking (as warm as it can look on tv) in the stadium, everyone has on sunglasses and t-shirts.  

Baseball = summer....ahhhh.
  • Vent: I am hungry for things I don't have and everything I have sounds yucky. I am starving and everything I eat makes me feel sick.

AW. I finally got going with my vegetable starts yesterday! I'm growing three varieties of tomatoes, three kinds of peppers, basil, and ground cherries.

Random: DS likes to drink his own bath water. When I decline a cup if bath water he acts really offended.

Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Vent: I am hungry for things I don't have and everything I have sounds yucky. I am starving and everything I eat makes me feel sick.

AW. I finally got going with my vegetable starts yesterday! I'm growing three varieties of tomatoes, three kinds of peppers, basil, and ground cherries.

Random: DS likes to drink his own bath water. When I decline a cup if bath water he acts really offended.

• @SallyAnneS‌ sending you good thoughts & vibes!

Random- I burnt the crap out of the roof of my mouth & I have no idea on what. It hurts so bad today! :( 

Random- I CANNOT BELIEVE TOMORROW IS APRIL 1st!!!

Aw- my sis is coming down next weekend! 

Aw- Z is on all 4s crawling around like a puppy barking. 
  • I've been seeing DH's old cellphone photos and I started crying. Why do kids grow up so fast????
  • @SallyAnneS‌ thoughts and prayers for a good outcome.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Also random. My quail laid a double Yolk egg this weekend!
  • @sallyanns Thinking of you!! 

Vent~ Teething blows

Vent~ DH is leaving tomorrow and won't be back until Saturday at 5. I am cooking brunch for 45 on Sunday...ugh. I really didn't think it through when I told him to go to this mtg. 

Random~ Santa! ;)
  • Hollylb3Hollylb3 member
    edited March 2014
    @SallyAnneS‌, keep us posted! Thinking of you.

Vent 1: one of my best friends is getting divorced. I'm so sad for her. Her H is a total douche and she deserves so much better.

Vent 2: Not exactly a vent, but a sad: 2 little girls the next town over got off the school bus 3 hours ago and never made it home. It's not in a very good neighborhood. Praying for their return, but I know statistically, it's not likely. :(

Vent 3: Glorious weather, so I decided to take ds to the park today. We were getting back in the car and I missed the curb and fell and sprained my ankle. Oww. DS was in my arms and bumped his head on the concrete. Fortunately my arm took most of the impact. He only cried for a few minutes. I think it mostly scared him. Now I'm bumping from the couch with my foot elevated. I can barely walk.

I'm a bag of sunshine today.

Oh, one AW. DS finally started walking Friday. :)

ETA: they just found the girls!

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • @Hollylb3: I'm so glad they found the girls!! These kinds of stories just make me sick now that I'm a parent....I'm glad they're OK. And so sorry about your ankle....that sucks! I hope you feel better soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"