April 2013 Moms

Who has a medical degree?

My mom got a positive test result for Epistein Barr. She was around Clark when she was first sick and we thought she just had a cold but didn't she share any food or drink ( obviously). I called the pediatrician and I am waiting to hear back from them. Clark has a runny nose and mild cough but nothing crazy or new. He's sick a lot but has been on and off for months. How freaked out should I be right now?

Re: Who has a medical degree?

• @skidderdo ? Hope everything is okay!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • It is "mono"... it depends on whether she has active Epstein Barr virus or just tested positive for the antibody (meaning she was exposed in the past)
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Loading the player...
  • She has active epistein Barr.
  • It's mono... so... usually mild respiratory illness but can linger for a long time. If LO gets sick just mention your mom came down with mono. I wouldn't be terribly worried, but honestly I think I have a higher tolerance for germs :) GL I hope everyone feels better soon! Wash hands, cover coughs, and no kissing baby!
  • *mention to your pedi, that is
  • Thanks! Pedi said it's not too bad of a virus for babies if he has/had it. It's worse for adults. I just remember when my sister had mono and was sick for a month! I had a mild heart attack. Thanks for calming me down
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"