Cloth Diapering

It Makes Me Smile Monday

Share the happies, ladies!

Re: It Makes Me Smile Monday

• Loading the player...
  • IMMS that almost every week at swim class someone comments on Maya's cloth diapers. Either how cute they are or how do they work or, from a friend who we haven't seen since the nb stage "omg those are adorable- I can't believe you stuck with it". And I cringe at the trash can full of disposable swim diapers as everyone changes after class. Yuck. People also comment on the wet Bag that I put all her wet swim stuff and mine in. I see lots of ziplocs. Are wet bags unheard of outside of the CD world? Geesh.
    Yes, yes they are.  But they shouldn't be, because they are really pretty awesome and useful.  I plan to find plenty of uses for mine after our diapering days are over.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Ew. There's no reason to eat a hostess snowball.
    WRONG!
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • So the shot gun reference made me think of a hilarious story...

It was less than 6 months working at my "adult" job. and I get an email from my boss and all it says is "Own a shotgun?"

No "Hi YL" "Sincerely, Your boss" nothing. Just those words. I stared and stared at my computer screen. What is the appropriate answer to that question?? Yes? No? Maybe.... 
  • This weekend at C's 4 month check-up one of the nurses saw C's diaper cover.   She stopped and asked if that was a diaper or if it was just a cover and that it was so cute.

Also, it always make me smile when our doctor comments on the cloth diapers.  He actually cloth diapered all of his boys as well.  He's fascinated with all of the new covers and the Snapi that I use.  When he cloth diapered he actually used the plastic pants and pins.
  • So the shot gun reference made me think of a hilarious story...

It was less than 6 months working at my "adult" job. and I get an email from my boss and all it says is "Own a shotgun?"

No "Hi YL" "Sincerely, Your boss" nothing. Just those words. I stared and stared at my computer screen. What is the appropriate answer to that question?? Yes? No? Maybe.... 
    Go on...

• The correct answer would be "Yes" or in my case (I can borrow one). It was a client thing, so I ended up shooting shot guns with the men. It was actually more fun than I would have expected. 
  • Mapleme said:
    @mapleme, how bout you just tell us what you haven't done lol, I feel like you have experience with anything that comes up! @TJ1979‌ so you'll only come see me if it came down to an apocalypse? So I've been preparing our commune for nothing then.
    LLOL I'm a versatile lady! I enjoy doing things, so I end up doing a lot. I also started working young (selling lemonade/baked goods when I was 8, babysitting when I was 10, and making a paycheck when I was 14). But I've never been a stock broker. Or on an oil rig. Or shot a gun. Or eaten a Hostess Sno Ball. Or been skydiving. Or slaughtered a goat (but I did help with chickens when I was 10ish). Or driven a big rig. Or been more than an extra in a movie. Or been SCUBA diving (but I really really want to). Or traveled to Asia or South America. Or been in a fist fight. Hmm. This is fun!
    I got to shoot an antique rifle in my elementary school yard (blanks).  They even had one of the kids throw an ax.  They would never allow this now, but man we had a lot of fun stuff in elementary school.  

We also got to play with a lot of things in our physics and chemistry classes.  
  • OMG I HATE when people ask if my parents are home. I want to slam the door and walk away.
    Half of me hated it and got offended and the other half remembered that it means I still look young.
  • OMG I HATE when people ask if my parents are home. I want to slam the door and walk away.
    Half of me hated it and got offended and the other half remembered that it means I still look young.
    Oooh, or you look old enough for them to think you would be flattered by that.  Haha.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
    When we lived in Canada it used to happen quite a bit that someone would call and ask to speak to my parents. I had fun with those.
  • I took M to the zoo and carried him in my new Ergo for three hours (my legs say ow after that workout).

IMMS that:
    I didn't have to get M in and out of his stroller at every exhibit.

He took an interest in the animals this time.

I managed to nurse him in the Ergo.

It was not nearly 70 degrees!

And (unsmily part) M was in sposies since its laundry day and I don't have enough covers. Smily part: as soon as we got home I changed him into one of two clean pockets. He immediately started giggling.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • TJ1979 said:
    OMG I HATE when people ask if my parents are home. I want to slam the door and walk away.
    When we lived in Canada it used to happen quite a bit that someone would call and ask to speak to my parents. I had fun with those.
    Wait, you lived in Canada?  Someone pull out the spreadsheet
    I'm sure I've mentioned it. Two winters in Edmonton. What's this about a spreadsheet?
  • km_mdkm_md member
    I got new fluff in the mail today! 6 glorious new diapers and some inserts. I will be sure to take a picture for fluff Friday!

• Oh, uh, pregnancy brain. I thought MK said that. And I was shocked he had lived in Canadia.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • No one has EVER asked me if my parents are home. I don't understand it. I've always had such a youthful glow. See? Here is my 6th grade school picture.

I LLOL!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Adrian is doing physical therapy for his congenital torticollis, and he is doing great! After all of our hard work, his PT today said that she was impressed with his progress. I have really been working harder to make sure that I take the time to do his stretches and his tummy time, so I am really glad to hear her say this. 

I snapped this pic of him doing assisted tummy time on a wedge (so his neck muscles don't have to work quite so hard, and he can lift his head better). 
    Yay, so happy he's doing awesomely well! I'm jealous nearly everyday when I see the PTs working with the sweet torticollis babies. I never get to treat them when they're so young and little...  He's a doll, @charmingthemoon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"