Stay at Home Moms
Options

Preschool

At age 4, for the last year of preschool do you think 4 days is necessary or is sticking with 2 days sufficient?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Preschool

• Options
    My program has the 4s go three days a week and 3s go twice.
  • Options
    DS is 4 and this is likely his last year of preschool (we've been debating on red shirting). He only goes 2 days a week right now. Next year (regardless of whether he's in preschool or kindergarten) he'll go 4 days. I would have preferred him going 3 days this year but I don't think it's a deal breaker.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    3 isn't an option. I'm considering sticking with 2 days because we're moving at the end of our lease. I won't be able to get DS into a new school midway through the year which means driving him back to our old,hood...which is roughly a 45 min drive. I'm not sure I want to do that 4 days a week since school is only 3 hours I figured I could do it twice a week without it being much of an issue

• Options
    Av8rEmily said:
    I think it really depends on how much they are doing for kindergarten.  Here the kindergartens public and private are all now full day.  Because of this I feel he needs to go 4 days at 4 years old.  One day he will stay for lunch bunch to get used to eating lunch at school.

K is still half day in the district we're moving to and in the private school were considering

• Options
    I'm not totally sure but the area we're moving to is harder to get into than where we are now from what I've heard from friends

• Options
    Considering he's only doing a half day of kindie I think two would be fine (but obviously four would be beneficial too). If he were moving to full day my answer would have been most definitely four.
  • Options
    Av8rEmily said:
    Could you have him start the new school in the new area at the beginning of the school year?  This way when you move your commute would be less.  At least it is something to look into.

You know I never thought of that.

• Options
    We do 3, which I think is perfect. If I had to choose between 2 and 4, I would do 4
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    Holy shitballs. I just called a friend for info on her son's school...$600/month for 4 days

• Options
    I would personally do 4. 
  • Options
    QueSyrah said:
    3 isn't an option. I'm considering sticking with 2 days because we're moving at the end of our lease. I won't be able to get DS into a new school midway through the year which means driving him back to our old,hood...which is roughly a 45 min drive. I'm not sure I want to do that 4 days a week since school is only 3 hours I figured I could do it twice a week without it being much of an issue
    Can you find another school closer to where you will live?
  • Options
    At 4, DD1 did 3 half days per week, which I liked.  I would probably do 4 in your case.
    DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • Options
    If given the choice between 2 or 4 days, I'd choose 4 days. This is Lydia's 2nd year of preschool, she'll start kindergarten in the fall. She goes 3 days a week, 2.5 hours per day.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"