1st Trimester

Missed MC & Round Ligament Pain

I, like all to-be-moms I'm sure, have that one giant fear and I'm wondering about some potential signs. I've heard that in a missed mc, it's exactly that...missed...because the hormones are still there, working and giving you the "typical" pregnancy symptoms. In another breath...I know that symptoms basically mean nothing because everyone is different, however, Round  Ligament Pain is your uterus stretching to prepare for growth...correct?

Would you still have the stretching and "growing" pains if you had a missed mc or is that also a trick your hormones can play on you?

Re: Missed MC & Round Ligament Pain

• I had a missed MC at 9 weeks.  I had all the pregnancy symptoms.  I was told that a missed MC is when you find out you've lost it before your body recognizes the loss.  You might still be producing hormones....My betas were 33, 290 at 9 wks which is the "low" end of normal; it was confirmed 2x by US that there was no HB.
  • Right...that's what I've heard too. I was just curious as to if Round Ligament Pains were something that could be caused by hormones as well.
    Did you have those directly before you found out about your mc? (or ever?)

• Loading the player...
  • Cat&SCat&S member
    RLP is normal. It's your uterus stretching. Try to relax and step away from dr google. Worrying isn't going to prevent anything but it will keep you from enjoying your pregnancy.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• I had RLP at 6 weeks and off and on (more recently) since then. Your insides are stretching and moving in all sorts of ways even early on. Sometimes that hurts, and it's completely normal.

Try to relax. Odds are in your favor that everything is just fine, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it either way at this point. Keep yourself healthy and enjoy being pregnant each day!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"