July 2013 Moms

Dear MIL

We sent you pictures of the kids because we want to share. What we don't want is for you to nit pick them. JFC %-(

"When will Abby grow up without diapers?"

"Why is Alex only sitting? Why can't he crawl yet? Where are his teeth?"

FFS. I told H to stop sending pictures. This shit is ridiculous.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Dear MIL

• Ugh. Is this woman even capable of being nice? Ever? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry Prim. Geez, well why can't she say anything nice, and when is she going to start being supportive? IL's are special people :P
  • Who is this woman? Like, really? I'd be so in wonder to meet her. She blows my freakin' mind from what you tell us.
    So sorry you have to deal with such b.s.

• Cut out her tongue! (I've been reading the GOT series...)
  • Soooo....there's this thing called the scold's bridle (got it from a book). While it was probably used to shush any outspoken woman of her time, sometimes, in very special cases, a lady just has it coming.

The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Ugh. I'm so sorry.
  • She needs a big ol lesson in "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Guys, I think she is incapable of praising anyone unless it's to make a comparison. Everyone else's achievement, house, salary, car or kids are better.

:-??

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• valstulasvalstulas member
    edited March 2014
    Next time put some razor blades in the envelope with the pictures.

ETA: Just read the playground PSA now. I honestly wasn't trying to make a tasteless joke. :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Just send her pictures of kids that meet her standards. She wants to see an 8 m.o. with teeth so google around for one and send her that picture.

I was going to say the same thing. Just send her random pictures of baby/kid models and see if she even picks up on the difference.

I would end up saying something. I tend to be quit vocal and can only deal with so much. Sometimes a sharp tongue can help a situation.
  • valstulas said:

Next time put some razor blades in the envelope with the pictures.

ETA: Just read the playground PSA now. I honestly wasn't trying to make a tasteless joke. :(

No worries lol. :P

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• I'm so sorry. You are an awesome mom and your kids are adorable and amazing. Your MIL should be grateful just to know you.
  • @RoRo10733‌ : you'd think a tongue lashing would fix something. I've had sharp words with her & she just ignores me. Either that or she will call me irrational & a bad parent. My husband has even tried to tell her to STFU. She just gets sullen & butthurt.

Then we endure email insanity & long rambling phone freak outs. Most of which we delete. The woman thinks the world should operate a certain way & all other methods are inferior.

She thinks she is helping even when you tell her outright she is not. It's an experience in the 18th circle of hell.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Ugh, so sorry :( she really sucks :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• She sounds bitter.  Maybe jealous.  Above all, annoying as fuck.

Ask for pictures of her and then criticize ridiculous things about them that she has no control over.  ;)
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
  • Ugh! No advice, but I am so sorry you have to deal with all that craziness. >:D<
  • Shitty MIL's suck. Sorry you have to have that added stress in your life.

I wish for her to step in many piles of steaming dog shit this spring.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh. You "took" her son that's her problem. Shame on you!

Sorry you have to deal with BSC. So not cool.
  • I like the pictures of your kids. You can just send them to a creepy internet friend instead :)
  • Seriously, you are way too nice to keep including her in your lives. You will be rewarded somehow. When she will be gone, you won't have any regrets and that's the best part of it because you'll know you always did what you could to be nice and it was not on your side to make things better.

Now, after my very 'mature' comment... next time tell her to go F herself! 
    ~X(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• I'm so sorry! Friggen MIL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"